t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Sparty laying too many points here. These teams aren't that far apart. It's a revenge spot for Michigan State but both teams are on the bubble. This game should be tight throughout.

Take the points.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Ohio State isn't even on the bubble... They probably have to win out and make waves in the B1G tourney to maybe get to the big dance.

MSU is squarely on the bubble though. Lunardi has them in the Last 4 Byes.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Ohio State isn't even on the bubble... They probably have to win out and make waves in the B1G tourney to maybe get to the big dance.

MSU is squarely on the bubble though. Lunardi has them in the Last 4 Byes.
    Ohio State can still get in though. That's the point.

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

OSU is only marketable because of market brand, therefore creating perception of value for you to take the 'too many points' angle.

Clearly u did not see how much they really struggled vs Maryland, also MSU is the well established program and year in and year out
    is the superior program to OSU. Just some notes to justify your MSU is 'laying too many points'

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Ohio State can still get in though. That's the point.
    Well, technically evey team in America can still get in Wizzle, but that doesn't make them bubble teams.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTizzy View Post
    OSU is only marketable because of market brand, therefore creating perception of value for you to take the 'too many points' angle.

Clearly u did not see how much they really struggled vs Maryland, also MSU is the well established program and year in and year out
    is the superior program to OSU. Just some notes to justify your MSU is 'laying too many points'
    OSU didn't lose badly to Maryland in either matchup. I don't think they're a good team but I don't think MSU is that good either.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Well, technically evey team in America can still get in Wizzle, but that doesn't make them bubble teams.
    Actually, every team except for some in the Ivy League, I heard they're doing some different type of final four tourney this year (as opposed to reg season title). All other conferences have a tournament where winner gets an auto bid.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

OSU didn't lose badly to Maryland in either matchup. I don't think they're a good team but I don't think MSU is that good either.
    That's fair. MSU has been decent at home as of late. On the road they're like Mr. Hyde.

t-wizzle

Yes or no - a win here puts them close to or on the bubble?

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

clearly, u did not see the whole game. Maryland had the value edge on them in both wins vs OSU. MSU owns OSU as well in these situations if you had done all your homework, also theres a strong value angle in buying low on the MSU program as well, and that cant be said the same for OSU. Wizzle, u dont do proper work. IOWA could be argued to be better than OSU, and what happened to them last game? i mean your angle for your value clearly isnt enough to justify the opposition angles of value.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Yes or no - a win here puts them close to or on the bubble?
    IMO, no. Big Ten realistically gets 7 teams in. Maryland, Purdue, Wisconsin locked in. Then you have Northwestern (!!!), Minnesota, MSU, and then Michigan Penn State and Indiana fighting for that last spot. Just my opinion.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTizzy View Post
    clearly, u did not see the whole game. Maryland had the value edge on them in both wins vs OSU. MSU owns OSU as well in these situations if you had done all your homework, also theres a strong value angle in buying low on the MSU program as well, and that cant be said the same for OSU. Wizzle, u dont do proper work. IOWA could be argued to be better than OSU, and what happened to them last game? i mean your angle for your value clearly isnt enough to justify the opposition angles of value.
    You're one of those guys who uses the transitive property to handicap games, aren't you?

I bought low on Kentucky earlier. How'd that work out? Michigan State lines are always inflated. That's why I hammered Purdue a couple weeks ago when they were only a small fave at MSU.

Neutral court, I'd make Michigan State at most a 3 point favorite over OSU. Probably more like 2/2.5. They're laying 7 here. I should've bet the opener but I feel pretty good about this number. It's a conference game and a rivalry game between two pretty mediocre teams.

t-wizzle

IMO, no. Big Ten realistically gets 7 teams in. Maryland, Purdue, Wisconsin locked in. Then you have Northwestern (!!!), Minnesota, MSU, and then Michigan Penn State and Indiana fighting for that last spot. Just my opinion.
    Michigan gets in for sure. Northwestern is in. Penn State is not getting in unless they go on an absolute tear which probably won't happen. Indiana probably doesn't get in unless they turn it around. Ohio State is probably out but could get in with a strong finish. Minnesota who knows. Borderline team that I'd probably keep out unless they do something spectacular.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Tough game

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Matta just can't get the players anymore. Time for a change.