DuncHen22
    DuncHen22's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm going from 10 pts to 450 pts in 6 days!

So I just cashed out the rest of my points on a Sportsbet $100 free play and I decided to try something fun with my remaining 10.77 points. I'm going to try to get back up to 450 points in 6 days by betting all I have on one play per day.

This may fail miserably on the first day, but I'll just try it again after getting points for forum posts, etc. It's just points so it's all in fun.

So this is how it will break down:

Notice on the last day I don't double up only because I only need 410 points for another free $100 play. And it's nice to have a small safety net on the final day (because you know that's going to be the day I lose).

And just for further transparency and so you know I'm actually trying this I'll take a screen shot of my points each day. Here is my first screenshot with time and date included:

I have a system for picking games that has been hitting 65% for a while now so I'm going to use that to find games and pick the one I feel most comfortable with.

Anyway,
    Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 03-25-15 at 06:10 PM.

merrickjo
    merrickjo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gonna share the picks for our curiousity?

Collecting
    Collecting's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 609

Hes on a mac, he was doomed from the get go!

Lol just kiddin with ya bud. Good luck, and let us know how it pans out!

CrimsonQueen
    CrimsonQueen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1660

Good luck !! I cashed my points out for a $100 free play, but if you do it at Bet Phoenix it's only 375 points. Just a thought! Save yourself some points, and get money on another book. Then you can line shop.

Also please share your picks!

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12587

Good luck in your attempt. I went to bet on some 7pm games tonight, and I'l l be darned
    that there were none. Probably due to something like a little Superbowl game going on. It's like would you like to watch Johnny, your son, play in a college basketball game or do you want to watch a Superbowl. I even looked at the sports scores at about 4 pm to see what bets to make and all I can see is Final Final Final with the scores filled in for all the games.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Please share the picks but don't let these dumbasses try to talk you out of them. For a few more you can get a cash play instead of a free play.

sharpmoney
    sharpmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gl with your challenge.

DuncHen22

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    Please share the picks but don't let these dumbasses try to talk you out of them. For a few more you can get a cash play instead of a free play.
    Yeah I saw that I can get a $50 cash play for 450, which I'd have in 6 days if I make it.

DuncHen22

Well this is rather unfortunate, my system is only calling 1 play for tomorrow (not many games) and it's Valpo -11.5 against UIC. I'm not liking that pick though, because of this (found on Valpo's website):

"League Play = Close Games: Valparaiso’s non-league slate this year featured just two single-digit decisions in 12 games, but once the Crusaders got to league play, the script flipped 180 degrees. Through 13 league contests, Valpo has faced single-digit games ten times already, including each of the last four outings. This league season has been similar in nature for the Crusaders to the 2007-2008 league campaign, Valpo’s first season as a Horizon League member, when 14 of its 18 games were decided by nine or fewer points."

There are many other indicators that point to this being close. I may have to postpone one day, unless I find a play I like outside my system.

I'm eyeing LA Tech-NM State Under 161.5 but I'm going to have to research that a little more.

THE PROFIT

I'm gonna get cash from bookmaker. They are more, 600 for $50 & 1100 for $100, but they have opening lines at 5:30 the day before and have all the totals on college hoops, which is what I mostly play big on. Alot of these books wont even list half the totals and you cant bet them until they've been molested.

DuncHen22

Quote Originally Posted by merrickjo View Post
    Gonna share the picks for our curiousity?
    Yes, I will be sharing the picks

DuncHen22

Quote Originally Posted by Collecting View Post
    Hes on a mac, he was doomed from the get go! Lol just kiddin with ya bud. Good luck, and let us know how it pans out!
    Haha! No worries, it actually has been a problem at times because there are a lot of programs I'd like to have that just don't work on Macs.

I really don't know why Microsoft doesn't play that up in their ads, the fact that many games and software programs don't work with Macs... Seems like a good line to take.

Anyway, BOL to you and I'll be keeping you guys posted on this little trial here!

THE PROFIT

Let me do a little more studying. I'll let you know if there's a strong play, if not I wont play anything. I don't bullshit around, some weeks I win these contests around here & some I just dont try that hard. Making 50 plays in a week is crazy!
    But Landers781 sat morning challenged me for 50 points. I take a personal challenge way more serious to take 50 from one person than a weekly contest to take 350 points.

http://www.sbrpicks.com/challenge/887/standings/

DuncHen22

I'm gonna get cash from bookmaker. They are more, 600 for $50 & 1100 for $100, but they have opening lines at 5:30 the day before and have all the totals on college hoops, which is what I mostly play big on. Alot of these books wont even list half the totals and you cant bet them until they've been molested.
    Hmm... I'll look into that. That is a compelling argument. That's why I moved away from Bodog, sometimes I couldn't get a line until 2 hours before a game, and totals were the worst!

DuncHen22

Let me do a little more studying. I'll let you know if there's a strong play, if not I wont play anything. I don't bullshit around, some weeks I win these contests around here & some I just dont try that hard. Making 50 plays in a week is crazy!
    But Landers781 sat morning challenged me for 50 points. I take a personal challenge way more serious to take 50 from one person than a weekly contest to take 350 points.

http://www.sbrpicks.com/challenge/887/standings/
    I appreciate it. I can't promise you I'll play it because I have a policy of not blindly following others but if you list a play I'll look into it myself. Thanks!

RobbReport
    RobbReport's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck

RobbReport
    RobbReport's Avatar Become A Pro!

you should take out a loan from Dunder.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOL.

By the time you're done, give us a report.

DuncHen22

Well, I figured if I lose today, I'll have 11 points by tomorrow anyway so I may as well take a gamble today.

I'm going with my own personal analysis and instinct:

Longhorns are turning it around, starting tonight!
    Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 03-25-15 at 06:11 PM.

CrimsonQueen
    CrimsonQueen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1660

Aww... I was rooting for you until you picked Texas
    I've got Kansas -1.5

THE PROFIT

Out of all the games on the board you want to go with the #1 team in the nation getting beat?????

It's a play! It aint sexy but it's a play!

sportsfan2009
    Braves Runline -1.5 (+127)
    sportsfan2009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Out of all the games on the board you want to go with the #1 team in the nation getting beat?????

It's a play! It aint sexy but it's a play!

dumb move on his part ... every1 things just cuz texas was a number 1 earlier this year ... that they are good ... they are sooo overrated and are showing it by losing their last 4 out of 6 ...

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

"The Profit" is a sharp player. I was in a contest and he was rocking it. "The Profit", I hope you have thread and post your best bet of the day...coz I might blindly tail it .

Duncan, glad you are back man and good luck in your challenge .

DuncHen22

I know, I said it's a gamble but like I said if this one doesn't hit I'll just start fresh tomorrow, when (hopefully) my system has a few more games to choose from.

Also, I'm going to have to run on a treadmill inside tonight (too cold/snowy/icy here) so betting on this game will make my run much more enjoyable!

DuncHen22

Before all you haters out there start blasting away let me remind you I was never confident in this pick, it just made my treadmill experience much more enjoyable since I had more of a vested interest in this game.

And this is what I get for not seeing any of Texas' games prior. I was under the assumption a previous 17-0, Top-ranked team who was in a slump would be playing tonight. Texas didn't look like a #1 team. They didn't look like a #14 team. They didn't look like a #25 team. I wasn't all that impressed by Kansas either (this game should have been 100-60) but man, Texas SUCKS!

In hindsight the best bet of the night would have been WVU-Nova over 150 (in terms of my analysis before the games), but I had already placed this pick before looking at that one. Again, though, I had fun watching this game and learned a lot about these teams so I'm not unhappy about it. We'll start again tomorrow! and to those who were on Kansas.

DuncHen22

Tell you another thing though, I'm glad I didn't take Valpo... Although the under 162 LA Tech call was a winner

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Looks like it's time to do the do!

DuncHen22

Okay, my system has called it's picks for tomorrow and I have 4 to choose from:

*VCU -4
    *Wisco -9
    *Tenn Tech-AP under 153
    *Wichita State -10.5

Right now I'm liking VCU the most as it has the lowest spread to cover, but Wisco at home is usually a good take. My totals system is my best system (68%) but Tenn Tech's defense is just so horrendous I don't know if they can keep Austin Peay under 85 (and they won't be losing bay 17). Evansville sucks too though so Wichita state is still in the mix. Id rank it like this:

1) VCU
    2) Wisco
    3) Wichita St
    4) Tenn Tech-AP U-153

Gonna do a little more research though, and I'll get back to you on my final decision

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    "The Profit" is a sharp player. I was in a contest and he was rocking it. "The Profit", I hope you have thread and post your best bet of the day...coz I might blindly tail it .

Duncan, glad you are back man and good luck in your challenge .
    Thank you sir. Those contests are tricky for the mere fact that you have to make so many plays. I didn't like the card today at all but played a few in contests just to get some losses out of the way. Put some on Kansas for real money but that's it. Had a slight lean on Appy St. under & missed by a point or two!!!

Tuesday Austin Peay/TNTech under 153. Opened at 155 & movin'

THE PROFIT

I wrote that last post before I got to your last post bro. I see you have that on there. Get on it now before it moves lower. 152 most places, I just looked. I like it to 151

DuncHen22

I wrote that last post before I got to your last post bro. I see you have that on there. Get on it now before it moves lower. 152 most places, I just looked. I like it to 151
    Well personally that's my least favorite of my 4, if I take it and lose, will you spot me 5 points to start the next day?

DuncHen22

Eh, screw it. If "The Profit" and my system both call the same play completely independently, then it must be good. And that line sure is moving fast! So I took it at 152.

Cheers!
    Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 03-25-15 at 06:11 PM.

DuncHen22

I'm gonna be pissed if VCU hits and this doesn't! Just kidding. I trust you and I trust my system so I'm happy with it.
    Points Awarded:

THE PROFIT gave DuncHen22 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

THE PROFIT

There's 10 for the hell of it

THE PROFIT

I'm leanin' VCU also. I kinda smell what the vols are cookin' at vandy tonight too, not pulling the trigger on it yet but vandy looks to obvious everybody says.

123 Last