CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Maryland / georgetown

With a game total of 156 (thought it would be lower ), the 1st half total should be 74,but it is not. It is 75,from my experience it is rare when they price the 1st half HIGHER than it would normally be. I WILL side with the books................................... MD / GWTN - 1ST Half OVER 75....2 UNITS....................gl

KSmooth4U
    KSmooth4U's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2137

Why should the 1h total be 74?

TheeArchBishop
    TheeArchBishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3656

Thoughts on the side of this game? I am liking Georgetown and think they can win by 10+. This isn't the same Maryland team of years past with some new Freshmen coming in playing significant roles early and their 1st game was really shaky. Georgetown easily could be ranked real soon. Thoughts?

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by KSmooth4U View Post
    Why should the 1h total be 74?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheeArchBishop View Post
    Thoughts on the side of this game? I am liking Georgetown and think they can win by 10+. This isn't the same Maryland team of years past with some new Freshmen coming in playing significant roles early and their 1st game was really shaky. Georgetown easily could be ranked real soon. Thoughts?

The # should be 74 because that is the result of the formula in which the books use to calculate 1st half #'s,given a game total of 156.
    This is a game that should be played every year, because of geo. location. MD never wanted to play them because they had nothing to gain and a lot to loose. This years edition of both teams,GWTN is better right now,and the price on the game is solid.....still hope the Terps win...........................but we will see what happens!!.................. Tail,fade or pass Good luck guys.!!

dwatersalec
    dwatersalec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5142

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post

The # should be 74 because that is the result of the formula in which the books use to calculate 1st half #'s,given a game total of 156.
    This is a game that should be played every year, because of geo. location. MD never wanted to play them because they had nothing to gain and a lot to loose. This years edition of both teams,GWTN is better right now,and the price on the game is solid.....still hope the Terps win...........................but we will see what happens!!.................. Tail,fade or pass Good luck guys.!!
    Hello fellow Terp. I remember the story being the opposite. GU under Big John Thompson didn't want to pay Maryland because he felt that GU had nothing to gain from the rivalry with regards to having an advantage with local recruits. That ended in 1994 when ranked GU played unranked MD at the old Capital Center. I remember that game ending on a Duane Simpkins layup. I remember Gary Williams being really pumped up about that game because of its importance to MD at the time. They didn't play each other again until the Sweet 16 in 2001.

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by dwatersalec View Post
    Hello fellow Terp. I remember the story being the opposite. GU under Big John Thompson didn't want to pay Maryland because he felt that GU had nothing to gain from the rivalry with regards to having an advantage with local recruits. That ended in 1994 when ranked GU played unranked MD at the old Capital Center. I remember that game ending on a Duane Simpkins layup. I remember Gary Williams being really pumped up about that game because of its importance to MD at the time. They didn't play each other again until the Sweet 16 in 2001.
    Hey bud good to know you, I don't know how to respond to what you said, maybe both of us were given a different spin to the same issue .....The way I see it , it is good for college basketball if they were to play every year!!.................................. .............BOL

dwatersalec

Hey bud good to know you, I don't know how to respond to what you said, maybe both of
    us were given a different spin to the same issue .....The way I see it , it is good for college basketball if they were to play every year!!.................................. .............BOL
    Completely agree that it is good for basketball. I think we are both right as I remember you being quite younger than I am. When I went to school (1985-89), GU was the more prominent program. Probably when you went to school, the roles were reversed and MD was the powerhouse.

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by dwatersalec View Post
    Completely agree that it is good for basketball. I think we are both right as I remember you being quite younger than I am. When I went to school (1985-89), GU was the more prominent program. Probably when you went to school, the roles were reversed and MD was the powerhouse.
    Yea, I was at Maryland when they had John Lucas and Len Elmore and many more....back in the day when only one team from a conf. went to NCAA Toury.

dwatersalec

Yea, I was at Maryland when they had John
    Lucas and Len Elmore and many more....back in the day when only one team from a conf. went to NCAA Toury.
    For some reason, I thought you were younger. Good luck and go Terps!

JRoZe410
    JRoZe410's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2768

As a MD fan also, Where the hell did the great shooting of Jared Nickens from HS go? I have never seen a spot up shooter have sooo many bad shots. Seems like the only thing good that kid does is dance.

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by JRoZe410 View Post
    As a MD fan also, Where the hell did the great shooting of Jared Nickens from HS go? I have never seen a spot up shooter have sooo many bad shots. Seems like the only thing good that kid does is dance.
    Yea, Nickens used to be a sharp shooter,he has been cold so far,he will turn it around. As for the 1st half, I hope these fouls add up and both teams will be at the bonus+ around the 8:00 min mark. Need this over to come in!!!

JRoZe410

Yea, tough break. Didn't help we were using the whole clock.

CappinTerp

Not even close!!! It happens,don't know that to say.....sorry to guys that tailed,congrats to those who faded

dirtycash66
    dirtycash66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18610

College basketball is a joke maryland won that game on fouls and ft. Smh

JRoZe410

That felt like a damn tourney game. Can't believe them Terps came back and won. Georgetown blew that game.

dwatersalec

Quote Originally Posted by JRoZe410 View Post
    That felt like a damn tourney game. Can't believe them Terps came back and won. Georgetown blew that game.
    Great win! Showed great fight unlike most of Turgeon's previous teams. Even if I was not a fan of either team, I would have been glued to the screen due to the commentating of Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery.