dknight734
    dknight734's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

explain how buying points works?

not sure about the buying points thing, can someone explain it to me.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

really not a good idea in my opinion....especially with college hoops...except the hook of coarse i dont have a problem with that...but in the long run the money you lose paying the extra juice isnt worth the few wins it might save you

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    really not a good idea in my opinion....especially with college hoops...except the hook of coarse i dont have a problem with that...but in the long run the money you lose paying the extra juice isnt worth the few wins it might save you
    Agreed...I use to buy the hook on most games but have found in long run I dont use them most of time..

dknight734

thanks. but what i don't get is how it works. if i spend 500 on a parlay bet with 4 teams and buy points for one team, say three points, whe do i pay for the points? when i win and it comes out of my winnings or is it tagged on to my bet. i know i sound stupid, but i just never did it before and don't know how it works. i figure if i don't ask then i won't know

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

if you buy 3 points it usually makes everything -170..instead of -110.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Busterflywheel View Post
    Agreed...I use to buy the hook on most games but have found in long run I dont use them most of time..
    i noticed you used to buy hooks on even numbers busterfly...that worried me....now buying off the hook that is set is cool with me...a wise man once told me buy to avoid the loss not to get a win...and the older i get the more i realize he was pretty wise with most shit

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

a great idea in parlays. Which is why Bet Jamaica is a B book in my opinion.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    a great idea in parlays. Which is why Bet Jamaica is a B book in my opinion.

worst thing about betjam by far....cant even buy the fukkin hook!!!! even bodog lets you do that

dknight734

my book won't sell points on cross sports parlays

PRC
    PRC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Quote Originally Posted by dknight734 View Post
    not sure about the buying points thing, can someone explain it to me.
    you lay extra juice to get more points added on to the spread. Usually just throwing away money. The books wouldn't offer it if it helped the punter.

dknight734

no i get how it works what don't get is if the points cost you on the bet or does it come off the winnings. not that it matters they don't offer points on cross sports parlays

dknight734

any early leans?

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

All buying the points in a parlay does is decrease how much you would win on it. It never costs any more to play it. say you have a 2 teamer and one team is -8.5 and the other is -5.5 and want to buy the hooks on each one to make them -5 and -8. A normal parlay would be $50 to win $125. when you buy the hooks it might be more like the $50 will only win $110. It simply recalculates the payout for you. The more you buy the less you win if it comes in. All books vary a bit I'm sure. like mine only lets me buy 2 points max on anything...which i would never do anyway. fyi...you normally can't buy points if you are doing more than a 3 team parlay or if you are parlaying any kind of a halftime bet!! hope that helps and good luck

dknight734

yeah it's clear to me now, thanks. any leans?

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

If there's ever a time to buy points in CBB, it would probably be a low totaled game late in the year. The lines are tighter late in the year and the tighter the line, the more valuable individual half points are. Some of the NBA point buying strategies don't work in CBB because the end game fouling in CBB is a lot less predictable. It's rare to see an NBA team foul down 11 with 10 seconds left but that's not uncommon in CBB.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    If there's ever a time to buy points in CBB, it would probably be a low totaled game late in the year. The lines are tighter late in the year and the tighter the line, the more valuable individual half points are. Some of the NBA point buying strategies don't work in CBB because the end game fouling in CBB is a lot less predictable. It's rare to see an NBA team foul down 11 with 10 seconds left but that's not uncommon in CBB.

except for fukkin por fri night against the rockets and it worked enough for those bastards to cover and fuk up a big parley down 8 with less than a minute to go pack it in like every other nba team you pricks

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by dknight734 View Post
    my book won't sell points on cross sports parlays
    I'd advise finding a new book sir if you are interesting in buying points. But as everyone said, buying points is mainly useless, just a SMALL, VERY SMALL insurance policy for your plays. I mainly use it to get back to an original number or previous number that has changed to a number out of my favor.