tylerguy02
    tylerguy02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

About ready to take a break...maybe some help?

I love crunching numbers and gambling, but this hobby has taken it's toll on my time in the form of researching and watching all the games I wager on. I love sports and betting on them actual gives me a side to root for when I really don't care about the matchup. So, from now on I am going to pick three games to risk a total of 1/2 of my bankroll on so I don't have so much to research and pay attention to. I made this thread to track my plays for the day and I'm hoping people here could help me with leans for the day.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i hear ya it can wear on ya i had to take a little 5 day vacation from this thing we do the other week...turns out it was the best thing i could do to clear my head....

tylerguy02

Yeah, the girlfriend is pregnant and I gotta start focusing on accompanying her to the Dr. appts. and do more shit around the house. I would prefer to throw some wagers that I can watch on TV though so it would be more enjoyable to track for me. This is more of a hobby than a source of income for me. I can't wait for MLB season though...it will be my first year on that one.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Playing you very best bets is definitely the best idea, although betting TV games is generally not a good idea, though if youre just playing for action I get it.

tylerguy02

I love watching games, but hate it when they're not going my way. But I've had way better luck throwing a bigger chunk on best bets instead of little chunks on leans.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

As someone who has done this for many years, I used to be the same way. I wanted to wager on the games on TV so I could watch them. As I've gotten older & wiser I see now that that only raises the stress level, leads to less enjoyable games & alot of *hit broken in arms reach of my recliner.

I LOVE football & would watch it whether I wagered on it or not. Never have been a huge basketball fan or baseball for that matter, but find it easier to make money on. Just from a pure numbers standpoint! Football is just 3 days a week, very few games in pro, there's no room for error. With hoops you have games everyday so you don't have to be as choosy & can risk a little more because there's the opportunity to get it back the next day.

In hoops though, I may put a small wager on the 7:00 ESPN game and the late game, but what I put big bucks on I don't watch & it makes life much simpler. Also with so many games in college hoops every week pick a conference from where you live & just concentrate on it. I have alot of good schools within just 2 hours drive here.
    East Tenn St (although they have very few lined games unless they make it to tourney) Appy St, UT, VA Tech, so I here alot of local stuff around about these teams & in turn the other teams in the conference.

tylerguy02

Thank you for the tips so far!

shawnjohn5
    Always looking for a local!
    shawnjohn5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tylerguy02 View Post
    Thank you for the tips so far!
    A couple things I'd say to you, first of all if you think you need to take a break, you DEFINITELY need to take a break. I'm not saying take a break and only bet 3 games a day, I'm saying take a 4-5 day break, regroup and come back swinging, or just take an extended break. If you are going to pick a few games a day, DO NOT bet HALF your roll on them, maybe 10-15%. I do agree with the other guy about tv games, if gambling is taking up too much of your time do what i do, if you can watch the games you bet on online live feeds or regular tv until half time if you like the 2H line take it, if you don't then don't take it. At that point you can walk away and do other things with your family friends or around the house. No need to always watch the game, no need to stress over every shot, it will NOT change the outcome.... Just a couple things that might help you out a little!!