texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7763

Josh Pastner heavily rumored to be inking a deal with GA Tech

So who will be the next Memphis coach?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Who is Josh Pasta? Horrible for GT. GT needs a big name.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 145

I give him 2 years before he is fired

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I give him 2 years before he is fired
    He's terrible for sure.

The interesting thing will be who Memphis will be able to hire. The no buyout in Pastner's contract has been the big sticking point, university handcuffed themselves there, so it will be interesting to see what kind of deal will be struck between the schools to get that taken care of, and then what kinds of resources are still here for a new hire.

Jeff Goodman of ESPN, who wrote the article above, seems to think Gregg Marshall isn't totally out of the question according to his tweets. While I don't expect that, these high profile writers are usually privvy to more than us average folk, and wouldn't that be something...

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

We want Archie, Fuk this clown

GT21Megatron

Counzo was coming yesterday. Him and his rape kit

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

How does he get these name jobs, lol, GT gonna suck even more for a few more years now.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    We want Archie, Fuk this clown
    Bunker? Why would Miller go there.

texhooper

pastner is adored by the media, recognized as the quintessential "good guy." he is seen as a "great recruiter" because of years where he landed memphis guys who grew up with the calipari-era squads and wanted to represent the city anyway. (now those same kinds of homegrown guys are off to exotic locales all across the united states thanks to him.) he runs a "squeaky clean" program, graduates all the guys so he has an outstanding apr, which a school like georgia tech will be concerned with more than your average school. and went to 4 ncaa tournaments in a row, which you'd be surprised how infrequently that happens across the country, so that's technically a pretty nice feather in his cap.

all in all i think he's a piece of shit weasel with not one ounce of goddamn honor in his soul. so georgia tech fans, should this all come to fruition, be prepared for him to never take accountability for anything and blame the players every single step of the way. be prepared for new stock talking points every single season that he will hammer home relentlessly despite the point at hand, just like a weasel politician. the guy wouldn't know class if it slapped him in the face, and he gets a pass every step of the way for being a "good guy" but i ain't buying into all that shit. oh and he can't coach to save his life and will squander away every ounce of talent he happens to get. assuming they all don't transfer out after a year or two.

ok i think that's about it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    How does he get these name jobs, lol, GT gonna suck even more for a few more years now.

no idea

Tech not really relevant though

texhooper

Well it is now official. Pastner to Georgia Tech.

So now there's the requisite speculation on the Memphis job. Should be an interesting search. University has a ton of pressure to not whiff on this one after the disaster that was Pastner.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Terrible

Gregory had them ballin down the stretch

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15066

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    all in all i think he's a piece of shit weasel with not one ounce of goddamn honor in his soul. so georgia tech fans, should this all come to fruition, be prepared for him to never take accountability for anything and blame the players every single step of the way. be prepared for new stock talking points every single season that he will hammer home relentlessly despite the point at hand, just like a weasel politician. the guy wouldn't know class if it slapped him in the face, and he gets a pass every step of the way for being a "good guy" but i ain't buying into all that shit. oh and he can't coach to save his life and will squander away every ounce of talent he happens to get. assuming they all don't transfer out after a year or two.
    You just described the Dave Rice era at UNLV.

I don't even think the question is "who will take over at Memphis now"? I don't think many people care anymore. Fading into irrelevance IMO.

texhooper

I don't think so Ralph, Memphis has been a pretty strong program since the 70s. Two bad years aren't going to undo all of that. Memphis is a good job and they will get back on track.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15066

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    I don't think so Ralph, Memphis has been a pretty strong program since the 70s. Two bad years aren't going to undo all of that. Memphis is a good job and they will get back on track.
    Hey, I hope they do, I just see them fading unless they punch above their weight with the new hire.

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Bunker? Why would Miller go there.
    GT hoops was one of the best programs in the ACC in the late 80s under Cremins. The program has a rich history. They made it to the finals in 04 and lost to Uconn. They are in a hotbed for High School hoops. The only knock on Gregory is that he can't recruit. Pastor is a recruiting genius. Archie would of been the perfect fit to go up against Roy and Coach K. Would of loved to get him and it would of been a step up from Dayton for sure. My guess is that GT couldn't come up with the price tag since they had to buyout Gregory and are still paying that jackass Hewitt

texhooper

A writer for Bleacher Report is now pumping up Gregg Marshall for the Memphis job. Of course the entire city, every city who loses a coach, wants Marshall, but these are national writers going public with Marshall to Memphis talk.

I'm really trying not to get my hopes up but this would be a John Calipari-esque slam dunk of a hire if they're able to pull it off.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Bad move by GT. This new coach is not the answer. GT needed to get a bigger name. Someone with a pedigree.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16085

GT is irrelevant in anything so who really gives a fukk

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Wish we could give them cronin.you don t want archie.he is as bad as his brother is good.plus he always has guys being kicked off squad. I still wonder y xavier coach. Gets no love. I m a cincy fam but miller of ariz and mack are 2 of best college coaches not at ky,louisville or duke