rnunez91
    rnunez91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4981

Would love to pull the trigger on UNC.. But...

I understand the tar heals strength is playing physical, controlling the pace, and dominating the paint... But what worrys me is how well dominant guards do against unc guards. Villanova is top 10 in offense and defense if their shots continue to fall like they have ALL tournament how will unc who is one of the worse 3 point shooting teams keep up...

I've been thinking unc all the way but my gut truly tells me villanova... Starting to become a no play for me but I need this action lol

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

dude i hear you, this is one of the toughest games in the past few years in my opinion. you looking at the over or under at all?

readytowinem
    readytowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

Preaching to the choir...

rnunez91

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    dude i hear you, this is one of the toughest games in the past few years in my opinion. you looking at the over or under at all?
    Honestly I've played about 3 over/unders in my 5 years of gambling lol. I've decided on my play I'm going with tar heals... Even if their shots aren't falling they WILL grab PLENTY of offensive rebounds to keep them in the game and I just can't see nova shooting lights out again today.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 145

When you rebound 40% of your misses and 50% of your baskets come from inside the paint you don't need to hit 3s. Unc was 0/10 from 3 yet still lead by 11 in their last game. You know any other team that can lead their final 4 game by double digits with 10 missed threes, shooting 0%? Didn't think so. If UNC hits a high percentage from 3 Nova can shoot 70% and still lose by 9. Look at the ND game, the Irish shot 68% in the first half in the Elite 8 and was still trailed. You guys are thinking way too much

readytowinem

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    I think the over under has value. I personally like the under. The over has hit 5-1 last 6 years...

dallahbill33
    Big ballin
    dallahbill33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 445

Unde0087 you seem like you know your shit on NC.. How much you playing ?

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

Villanova will be the best team UNC has faced all season. Take a look at the very good teams UNC has faced this year. Louisville, UVA, Duke, ND.......Combined record of 3-4 against those teams. UNC has been clicking but they've also faced no one better than a 5 seed. With that being said, this game comes down to the referees in my opinion. Mike Higgins and Michael Stephens and Brian Dorsey. Nova can stroke it from the free throw line. If they can get to the line like they did against Kansas, 18 for 19 from the line, compared to 7 for 11 for Kansas, then Nova could definitely beat UNC.

rnunez91

Undee I completely understand your point but you're also forgetting that they were up because they were able to handle that zone defense and make their shots inside the 3.... Were talking about a complete diff defense in nova here who not only plays man 2 man but their guards can play defense.. And also can't compare Syracuse offense to villanova not even close as far as recent play. Just because nc didn't make a 3 and lead the half doesn't mean it will happen again against nova.. But 3 ball is over rated angways
    Last edited by rnunez91; 04-04-16 at 03:28 PM.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by dallahbill33 View Post
    Unde0087 you seem like you know your shit on NC.. How much you playing ?
    Dall, all bets throughout tournament have been for the same amount. Unc has cashed 7 straight games I have posted no reason to think that is going to change now as we know what we are getting from the Heels. If you do decide to take Nova I would bet them ml as they will either win or not cover, obviously I don't believe this will be within a basket. I am not here to change anyone's mind but my money is on the team that can score on anyone, as they have shown, winning by 16 a game, every game because of their size and balance. When you have 8 players that can score 10+ points there is no one an opponent can try and single out and Nova can't wear down unc because they go 10 deep and Roy will play all of them. Good luck whatever you chose, both teams playing well but you dance with the one that brought you there and for me that Carolina. Good luck guys, I look forward to the game win or lose. I will be sad to see ncaa basketball be over

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by rnunez91 View Post
    Undee I completely understand your point but you're also forgetting that they were up because they were able to handle that zone defense and make their shots inside the 3.... Were talking about a complete diff defense in nova here who not only plays man 2 man but their guards can play defense.. And also can't compare Syracuse offense to villanova not even close as far as recent play. Just because nc didn't make a 3 and lead the half doesn't mean it will happen again against nova.. But 3 ball is over rated angways
    Unc plays Virginia and Ville who both have very good man to man, I believe Virginia was #1 in the country. What about Carolina defense, they cause just as many turnovers and are the best fast break team in the country. They also are by far the largest team Nova will face so jump shots will be contested and so far no one has made enough to even keep it close. Not saying Nova isn't good, they have hit their shots, but I dont believe they will be shooting 70%

Also, unc doesn't have to settle for jump shots as they own the paint against all foes

Aye J Mac
    Aye J Mac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11884

Trust unde!

dallahbill33
    Big ballin
    dallahbill33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 445

I got 2 k on NC

$1000 -2.5
    $1000 ML

Go NC!!!

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3768

UNC is a very intense and physical team
    I don't think Villanova is ready for this.
    They will get desperate and lose control.

readytowinem

Nova doesn't lose control and fears no one... UNC also plays a pro style offense so don't think they can't play a man defense...