Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

we have Mo narrowed down to 1 of like 90,000 students at

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Yeah, landing in the number three slot might not be beneficial.

I'm not even sure I trust Ingram. The guy has got major stoner's eyes. Ben Simmons is ready take the torch from Kobe. Too much upside, his game will translate better in the pros.
    Ingram all about upside in my opinion. Unreal size and length for his skill set. Will probably draw some Kevin Durant comparisons in the pros.

7'3 wingspan will help him be a legit defender. So young but showing some legit range as he is hitting 40+% of his 3s. Potential is tremendous. I hate that old adage that "You can't learn size," but in this case it is true. Skill set and physical profile too good to pass up.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Mo i went to UOFT
    Oh serious? I thought I remembered you mentioning that at one point but wasn't sure.

I finished my undergrad last year.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Ingram all about upside in my opinion. Unreal size and length for his skill set. Will probably draw some Kevin Durant comparisons in the pros.

7'3 wingspan will help him be a legit defender. So young but showing some legit range as he is hitting 40+% of his 3s. Potential is tremendous. I hate that old adage that "You can't learn size," but in this case it is true. Skill set and physical profile too good to pass up.
    Unreal knowledge this Canadian kid has.

Mo, what about the stoners eyes? I worry that he may love to get high over playing basketball. Is it a concern?

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    we have Mo narrowed down to 1 of like 90,000 students at

Archie it is only 86,500

We are a small intimate liberal arts college.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Unreal knowledge this Canadian kid has.

Mo, what about the stoners eyes? I worry that he may love to get high over playing basketball. Is it a concern?

It worked out well For Michael Beasley

It could be a problem.
    Points Awarded:

The Giant gave MoMoneyMoVaughn 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I don't think Hield will be much in the NBA, I think he's probably a 7 or 8 at best , and easily guardable

The Giant

It worked out well For Michael Beasley

It could be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I don't think Hield will be much in the NBA, I think he's probably a 7 or 8 at best , and easily guardable
    It's hard to not respect Kraken's opinion on all things Oklahoma related.

This guy is tuned in with the best of them.

Thank you for adding a little legitimacy to my humble thread, Kraken.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Guy can shoot which is super important in todays NBA. He is a lot like Mcollum who is scoring 21 a game this year.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Hell of a player, hopefully it works out for him. Just wish he would finish chewing whatever the fuk he has in his mouth before the post game interviews. Can't understand anything the guy is saying.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

reminds me of the way kemba improved at uconn. Wicked underachiever then last year in school and just went nuts

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

An ex of mine was a graduate assistant for one of his classes when he was a freshman, marking papers etc.. and she thought he was border line challenged from reading his writing. Guy wont get a job at McDonalds if this doesnt work out in the NBA.

And Canadian schools have played well against NCAA teams in pre-season games over the summer. Kentucky was down at the half (the Brandon Knight team) against a Canadian school before they took over in the second-half, if I recall.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/08/21/...re-season-game

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

He has got plenty of money right now---Hugh loan against future earnings.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Hell of a player, hopefully it works out for him. Just wish he would finish chewing whatever the fuk he has in his mouth before the post game interviews. Can't understand anything the guy is saying.
    Could some of that be his accent? His seems pretty thick, Unlike Tim Duncan who always sounded American.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Could some of that be his accent? His seems pretty thick, Unlike Tim Duncan who always sounded American.
    He's from the Bahamas where the accents are thick and the language is spoken fast... Only 2 Bahamians have had NBA success. Mychal Thompson (Klay's dad) and Rick Fox.

His story is an incredible one. He has like 6 other siblings and they were so poor they all slept on one bed sideways. He would sneak out of the house late at night to play basketball until 3am telling people that he was going to be the next Kobe. All his family and friends told him he'd never make it out of Freeport. He cut out a milk carton and hung it up in the neighborhood. He'd keep the entire block up late at night with his dribbling and shooting. Every year he would show up to a basketball camp hoping that one day he would get noticed. Finally when he was 13 or 14 a scout saw him in the stands and was intrigued how everyone was mesmerized by his personality. He was the most popular kid in the gym and the scout never even saw him play. The scout saw his personality and immediately thought that any team could use a kid like this on their squad. He recommended a HS team in Kansas and Hield eventually left his family for high school.

When he got to HS, he was immediately ostracized for his heavy accent. He was so unhappy that he was going to quit and go back home but he thought of how so many other Bahamians came and went back in failure and was determined to succeed. He had a strong desire to show his neighborhood that he could make it. He put on 40 pounds in 2 years and led the HS team to national rankings. The rest is history.

I look at his story and think of how hungry this kid is. Most of our kids here in the US have it too easy. They are not nearly as motivated.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    He's from the Bahamas where the accents are thick and the language is spoken fast... Only 2 Bahamians have had NBA success. Mychal Thompson (Klay's dad) and Rick Fox.

His story is an incredible one. He has like 6 other siblings and they were so poor they all slept on one bed sideways. He would sneak out of the house late at night to play basketball until 3am telling people that he was going to be the next Kobe. All his family and friends told him he'd never make it out of Freeport. He cut out a milk carton and hung it up in the neighborhood. He'd keep the entire block up late at night with his dribbling and shooting. Every year he would show up to a basketball camp hoping that one day he would get noticed. Finally when he was 13 or 14 a scout saw him in the stands and was intrigued how everyone was mesmerized by his personality. He was the most popular kid in the gym and the scout never even saw him play. The scout saw his personality and immediately thought that any team could use a kid like this on their squad. He recommended a HS team in Kansas and Hield eventually left his family for high school.

When he got to HS, he was immediately ostracized for his heavy accent. He was so unhappy that he was going to quit and go back home but he thought of how so many other Bahamians came and went back in failure and was determined to succeed. He had a strong desire to show his neighborhood that he could make it. He put on 40 pounds in 2 years and led the HS team to national rankings. The rest is history.

I look at his story and think of how hungry this kid is. Most of our kids here in the US have it too easy. They are not nearly as motivated.
    What about Duncan?

LT Profits

What about Duncan?
    Never mind, just saw Duncan is from the Virgin Islands.

Mac4Lyfe

Never mind, just saw Duncan is from the Virgin Islands.
    Yeah, US territory where they speak "good" English. lol

Ironically, I lived in the Bahamas for 4 years from 8 - 12. I moved their with my family from Cleveland. I got picked on mercilessly for being an American boy with a bad accent. 4 Years later, when we moved back all the kids said I spoke too fast and sounded British. After college, I moved to Augusta, Ga., where years later people said I had a southern drawl. I guess I'm a chameleon.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post
    An ex of mine was a graduate assistant for one of his classes when he was a freshman, marking papers etc.. and she thought he was border line challenged from reading his writing. Guy wont get a job at McDonalds if this doesnt work out in the NBA.

And Canadian schools have played well against NCAA teams in pre-season games over the summer. Kentucky was down at the half (the Brandon Knight team) against a Canadian school before they took over in the second-half, if I recall.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/08/21/...re-season-game
    Not sure how seriously they take these games though. Canadian teams have everything to gain and nothing to lose. I remember Syracuse lost to our best college team once but I don't think any of their starting 5 saw more than 10-15 minutes.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

I hope the Raptors get him.

Huge West Indian community in Toronto that should, atleast ostensibly, make him and his family, should they move here, feel at home.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14697

MO, I would take Buddy & Denzel over Simmons.
    Before all three of them, I feel Niang fits in perfectly with the Raps current roster.

Buddy is going to handle A&M and that weak offense.

Doesn't play D....cmon existential

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    MO, I would take Buddy & Denzel over Simmons.
    Before all three of them, I feel Niang fits in perfectly with the Raps current roster.

Buddy is going to handle A&M and that weak offense.

Doesn't play D....cmon existential
    I agree Jay.

Unlike many Toronto guys, I think the chances are pretty high that we lose Derozan. Hield or Valentine would be a welcome scoring presence. Valentine can create offense for others too but remains to be seen how that will translate to NBA. Toronto drive and dish would work for Buddy as he is a solid shooter.

Not sure I would take either over Simmons or Ingram but that's not gonna happen so not worth thinking too much about. Raptors don't need a project player, they need a guy who can contribute immediately and maybe help fill the void left by a potential Derozan departure.

Ujiri probably has a much better idea of what becomes of Derozan and will hopefully draft accordingly. Our biggest needs are at the 4 and 2 if we lose Derozan. If he resigns I'd love to see them take Labissiere, Rabb, Ellenson or Devonta Davis. Won't be able to contribute at a high level first couple years but could be solid guys in a few years. Still hoping Caboclo can speed his development up and find a spot in the rotation next year.

Would prefer Hield because I like the kid as a person and player but a solid, physical 4 probably the most pressing need. I like Patterson but he's not particlarely versatile and Scola not a guy we can depend on going forward.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

pacers are not interested currently

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Where do guys see Derozan going? Things are so good in the 6 right now i would be surprised. Im just trying think of what teams he would really dip that city for and have to pay state taxes hmmm

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    Where do guys see Derozan going? Things are so good in the 6 right now i would be surprised. Im just trying think of what teams he would really dip that city for and have to pay state taxes hmmm
    Huh? Canada's tax rate is 48% for Derozan, whereas he'd be in the 35% top bracket if he played in the US, that includes State Taxes which are deductible. Players are much, much better playing in the US than Canada from a tax perspective.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Huh? Canada's tax rate is 48% for Derozan, whereas he'd be in the 35% top bracket if he played in the US, that includes State Taxes which are deductible. Players are much, much better playing in the US than Canada from a tax perspective.
    Incorrect.

46.16%

And that's only on 99.09% of his income.
    Other 0.91% taxed at a reduced rate.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

According to my calculations he would actually pay roughly the same amount of Tax in California (which I believe has the country's highest state income tax rate) if he were to go play for the lakers.

Less if he chose any other state though. Would pay much less if he were to play for the Jazz for example.

Though I believe players are taxed in every state in which they play or something crazy like that.

For too complex an equation for my baboon brain.

The Giant

Derozan is unrestricted this off-season?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14697

What about the exchange rate?
    Does that factor or are they paid in USD?

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Derozan is unrestricted this off-season?
    Yes. I think player option for 2017 though.

No way he will take it as it's far under what he's worth.

I think Raptors can afford to offer him max under new cap size but so can other teams.

The Giant

Yes. I think player option for 2017 though.

No way he will take it as it's far under what he's worth.

I think Raptors can afford to offer him max under new cap size but so can other teams.

Weird. I haven't heard much about him becoming available.

Who are the best free agents this off-season besides Kevin Durant, Mo? The Lakers have money to burn. Who do you see coming here?

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    What about the exchange rate?
    Does that factor or are they paid in USD?
    Not really sure about that.

I know most major banks will allow you to have USD accounts. They probably do that. When you're that wealthy I imagine the banks are willing to exchange for you at a small cost if any.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

The weak Canadian dollar probably to their benefit. They are paid in USD so after conversion, 54% of $33 million still quite a bit more than 60% of $25 million.

Buying power of Canadian dollar better than exchange rate would suggest.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Weird. I haven't heard much about him becoming available.

Who are the best free agents this off-season besides Kevin Durant, Mo? The Lakers have money to burn. Who do you see coming here?
    I would say best free agents are, in order:
    Durant
    Derozan
    Drummond
    Beal
    Horford
    Howard (uh oh)

Wouldn't surprise me if beal or Derozan end up on LA. Derozan not going totake option so he will be UFA.

Beal and Drummond RFAs but will get offer sheets for Max RFA amount so not sure they stay put.

Lakers lineup of:

Russell
    Derozan
    Simmons
    Randle
    Hibbert (dear god)

Could be very dangerous. Simmons might not be a great fit for the 3 but who knows. Very talented group regardless.

Sort of tough because Simmons obvious pick at #2 if 6ers don't take him, which I don't think they should, and lakers sort of already have a high upside PF. If 6ers take Simmons then Ingram obvious choice which works a little better cuz he's a true SF.

From what I've read I think it's likely KD stays put in OKC but who really knows.

Lakers likely get a decent FA cuz they can afford and things could get better quickly with Russell starting to find his game and a high draft pick on the horizon. On the other hand the west is tough as nails so tough to say many will be a attracted to a team whose ceiling is second tier western conference squad at the best and likely still a few years away from a real contender.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if this off season is all bark no bite as I can see just all the top guys staying put.

Dwight not staying in Houston but is a huge risk for any team as he will have a high price tag for a habitual underachiever.
    Last edited by MoMoneyMoVaughn; 03-21-16 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Typos
    Points Awarded:

Jayvegas420 gave MoMoneyMoVaughn 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Giant

Mo, fantastic writeup!! If you ever get your own newsletter, I'm going to be an instant subscriber.

I'm not sure the Lakers need a two guard, unless they're planning on moving Clarkson. I believe he is up for a contract soon, it'll be interesting to see what he gets offered.

It's weird how nobody has really any clue where Durant is going to end up. I've heard he stays put, goes home to Washington, hops on the Warriors bandwagon, comes to the Lakers, heads to New York City, etc. etc. None of the other dominoes will likely drop until he signs.

First 123 Last