CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

What is a reverse ?

A few weeks ago I asked a question in the players think tank and in this forum,it was this, with every one talking of thier sides, parlays and teasers how come no one talkes about reverses.? I was surprised to find out that many cappers dont know of reverses. I have got many PM asking about reverses,so I will try to explain here.
    A reverse is nothing more than a if bet that is reversed.Team A IF TEAM B and TEAM B IF TEAM A. Now this is important.! This is NOT a if win bet. For example, a $100 reverse team A AND team B win,you win $400.Both A and B lost $ - 220. TEAM A wins and TEAM B PUSHES. The net is $ + 200. BUT if TEAM A LOST and TEAM B PUSHES, THE NET IS $ -220. Now here is the biggest drawback, You split on the picks TEAM A wins and TEAM B LOST THE NET IS $-120.( WHEN YOU DO THIS ON PAPER IT IS CLEARER.)
    Now a 3 TEAM REVERSE on a $ 100 3 TEAMER IF YOU WIN ALL 3 THE NET IS $ + 1200, LOST ALL 3 $ -660. IF YOU WIN 2 OUT OF 3 THE NET IS $ + 160, IF YOU LOST 2OF 3 NET IS $-460. MANY points I WISH TO MAKE , so if you go to the betting tools at the forum you can mix and match you scenarios to your likeing, there is a reverse calculator.
    You can see the multiplier effect of reverses,NEVER,NEVER LAY MORE THAN -120 ON A TEAM USEING REVERSES.NOW HOW ABOUT A 3 TEAM WITH SOME UNDERDOGS IN BASEBALL. ON $ 100 3 TEAM , TEAM A + 180 ,TEAM B +160 ,TEAM C + 120 . ALL 3 WIN,NET IS $ + 2024.!!!!! A BASEBALL FORUM WILL BE MY NEXT FORUM, BUT BELIVIE ME THIS EXAMLE IS VERY REALLAISTIC.
    Reverses are not for everyone, one must weigh the RISK/REWARD trade off of that doing outrites and parlays. But let me tell you , when you are hot and doing REVERSES ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING, ITS LIKE A SORE PRICK............YOU CANT BEAT IT. THERE IS MUCH MORE TO ADD BUT FOR NOW THIS SHOULD GET YOU GOING. PLEASE REFER QUESTION TO THIS FORUM SO WE CAN EXPLORE IDEAS.

ONE LAST THING DID YOU KNOW THAT SOME BOOKS WILL NOT OFFER A 3 TEAM REVERSE.!!!! WHY.?? BECAUSE IT IS NOT IN THEIR BEST INTREST TO DO IT.!! WELL THEN WHOS INTREST IS IT IN.???

CappinTerp

Just wanted to keep this up the list in the forum, any qestions

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I played a few reverses and was not so successful...Im gonna stick to my straight spread bets.. Thanks for all the write ups and best of luck this weekend..

CappinTerp

yes, reverses are not easy, best of luck to you

jram68
    tell obama to keep his change
    jram68's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

WOw that sounds kinda tricky, I think I may try one though

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

to me the only time i would play a reverse is when im hammered and have no idea what the hell im doing,cause it almost sounds like a reverse is like a round robin with the confusion

CappinTerp

CappinTerp

Just wanted to put this back into the flow in case anyone who PM me missed it.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    to me the only time i would play a reverse is when im hammered and have no idea what the hell im doing,cause it almost sounds like a reverse is like a round robin with the confusion
    2nd that