QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Summit League pick for Wednesday, Feb. 10

I've been following the small schools and seeing some real gems out there. Two teams at the top of the ATS roster are Oakland University and Summit League member IPFW. Plenty of money to be made with these two teams.

Since I started following IPFW I've been noticing a couple lines off dramatically from the result of the game. So I have been following this conference in hopes I might catch some soft lines. That is why I am posting this the night before.

The game in question is the South Dakota State Jackrabbits vs. the Omaha Mavs. You've heard it before, these are 2 teams going in opposite directions.

First the visitor (SDSU):
    SDSU has a road record of 6-5 causing concern for some as to how the Jacks perform away from home. However, 1 of these losses was to Texas Tech, a much bigger school. The other 2 road losses were to North Dakota State (10-1 at home) and Weber State (9-1 at home). Since losing to NDSU on the road, SDSU is 3-0 on the road and have won their last 5 overall and now have a 19-5 record.

The home team (Omaha):
    The Mavs have lost their last 2 games in dramatic fashion. Two games ago they let Western Illinois get their first conference win. Three days later they lost to 13-11 Denver at home. They have no recent injuries that would explain this slump.

I'm taking the hot team at only -3 vs. the slumping team.

SDSU -3 over Omaha

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

They clamp down on D and out shoot Omaha, this match up has gone under last 4 games,
    Omaha's biggest issue is lack of defense. About 79-72 around 153 points
    jackrabbits

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by xdodger19 View Post
    They clamp down on D and out shoot Omaha, this match up has gone under last 4 games,
    Omaha's biggest issue is lack of defense. About 79-72 around 153 points
    jackrabbits
    Thanks for the input.

Yeah, I think the Jackrabbits' defense is what has been partly what has lead to their good record.

xdodger19

Looking good 15 minutes in, trending over a bit, no defense from omaha at all

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Looking good 15 minutes in, trending over a bit, no defense from omaha at all
    Ended up losing with Omaha winning the game outright. I don't see how this Omaha team lost to Denver a few nights ago but beat So Dak State. I guess they were up to beat the league leaders.

If it was easy we would all be millionaires by now.

On another note, I mentioned Oakland and their ATS record. I don't believe I'll be taking them at -6 Thursday night because they play Milwaukee who has a good record. We could have another repeat of what we saw tonight with the underdog getting up for the game against the league leader.

IPFW plays Denver at home on Saturday. I'm hoping to get a good line on that game since IPFW lost to NDSU and will want to bounce back.

xdodger19

It was a bad game plan for San Diego ST who played too fast, omaha was able to get some steals
    they are a quicker team. Omaha dictated the pace this game
    Summit league games are high field goal percentage

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

It was a bad game plan for San Diego ST who played too fast, omaha was able to get some steals
    South Dakota St.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

I got some of my money back on the 2nd half over. I hit it big when the announcer mentioned the same thing you mention here.