flyest
    flyest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

#8 Texas A&M vs Vanderbilt?

why is a team that's ranked 8th in the nation underdogs against vanderbilt? any wisdom will be greatly appriciated.
    Last edited by flyest; 02-04-16 at 05:41 AM.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by flyest View Post
    why is a team that's ranked 8th in the nation underdogs against vanderbilt? any wisdom will be greatly appriciated.
    I wondered the same thing last week when they were small favorites against Arkansas..... and they were down 7 at the half and lost by 3.
    With that being said..... I like them tonight

flyest

i was doing some research and it turns out vanderbilt practically dismantled arkansas and arkansas beat texasA&M. what i dont understand is; off that one loss, the bookmakers fix the #8 team as underdogs against vanderbilt? i dont get it. the freshman center tyler davis is a lil undersized against damien jones but is that factor really enough to fix them as underdogs? i must be missing something else on this one.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Vandy is good. They are 9-2 at home. Lost AT Kansas by only 7. I did have the exact same thought you are having when #5 Texas A&M was heading to Arkansas when they had beaten Ark 92-69 3 weeks prior. I still think TAM beats Arkansas 8 out of 10 times AT Arkansas.... but that night they turned the ball over a ton and fell down by double digits early and could never get back on top. Home court is big in BB. Remember.... the book makers really don't care who wins and covers. They are looking to get action on both sides. Watch the line closely. If 75% of the public is betting TAM and the line doesn't move I'd stay away! I am with you.... especially with a recent loss in memory.... that Texas A&M should be able to win this one.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Line is based strictly off their loss at Arkansas last week.

Same spot, small spread, ESPN, weeknight in conference game, and lost straight up.

Shouldn't happen again, A&M needs to win this game

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I wrote on it in my thread

flyest

just read your post. explains a lot. tnx for the insight.