Kaister
    Kaister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

American Conference

Hey! I have been betting successfully on the american conference so far this year. I joined this site to go find some other games to bet on. anyway, i decided to share my picks for those interested. Today's games: Lasalle vs Temple and UCF @ USF. My picks are Temple -10 and UCF -3.

Ucf is a much better well rounded team, and has covered in every game in the american this year. McBride and Fall are two big bodies in the paint, which has been an issue for USF this year, and AJ Davis can take over any game with his shooting. These teams played 2 weeks ago in Orlando and UCF won by 11, after blowing a 15 point first half lead and falling behind early in the second half.

Good Luck. Will be back daily if you guys are interested

Kaister

Just realized i didnt give any reasons for Temple.....
    This is a tough spot for temple, having just player a 2OT game with cincy and a big game with SMU up next but Temple is an excellently coached team, and they wont take an off night vs a cross town rival. Temple might be a little overrated and tend to play to their competition, but bottom line is Lasalle just isntr playing good enough to compete

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Good luck

bndet99
    bndet99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 579

Also, as a Temple fan, I watch plenty of the American Conference. Love your analysis, come again

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

gl, looking forward to thread...

who is team that you picked american conference to follow?

Kaister

Honestly im a broke college kid whos good at stats and excel haha. I go to Texas A&M so i picked a random ass conference so i wouldnt be biased.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

sharp, enjoy college station

Kaister

Both teams covered today.... and both games went pretty much as expected.
    South Florida had plenty of chances to make UCF pay for several mistakes, but could not get easy shots or make their free throws, and the young team collapsed at the end, allowing UCF to break away and re-establish a double digit lead. South Florida came out strong early, but lost focus and let UCF take control of the game. AJ Davis had another great game for UCF, with 22 points and 10 boards. Chris Perry had a nice game for South Florida, but the young team doesn't have all the pieces in place yet. UCF is surprisingly the second place team in the american at 4-1, but has all of its wins against teams without a win in conference (ECU and USF).

Temple beat La Salle by 13 in a game which was never more than 3 points away from the 10 point spread for the entire second half. Temple couldn't fully put away La Salle, but the game was never really in doubt. Neither team shot the ball well from three, but Temple was able to handle the ball better which lead to some easy looks and fewer turnovers, ultimately the difference in the game. Up next for Temple is a huge game vs undefeated SMU.

Tomorrows game is Memphis @ Cincinnati (-7.5) with tip off set for 6 PM CST. I should have my pick and reasoning up about 2 hours before Tip.

Kaister

Not liking the spread tonight, think its right on. Cincy is off to a 3-3 start in the american, and after their last lost to temple they came out and absolutely shit down a Tulsa team which has been looking really good as of late. Memphis has also been playing well, coming off a couple consecutive home wins. Memphis struggles from three, shooting under 30% on the year and about 21% in there last two games. That kind of shooting wont work against Cincy, who's strong defensive zone will be trying to force outside shots from Memphis. If Cincy responds with a better shooting night than the game vs temple over the weekend (1-18 on threes) they should be in a good possition to pull away in this one. Take Cincy to cover at home

BIGBOY88
    BIGBOY88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 787

BOL!!

Kaister

temple -5.5 and Tulsa -1 are both killer plays. Going big on both. Will provide reasons later

Kaister

Trying to get back on track here.... been a busy few weeks. anyway, really like the Houston SMU game tonight. SMU is coming off a solid win vs Memphis, while Houston is coming off a double OT win at ECU. This is a match up of the two highest scoring teams in the AAC, with SMU and Houston both averaging over 78 a game. This makes the over 141 an interesting play, but with Houston's leading scorer Rob Gray Jr. injuring his ankle in a overtime vs ECU the SMU -6 looks like the better play. These teams played a close 77-73 game in Dallas a few weeks ago, but Gray had an outstanding game. Houston won the rebounding battle, something which rarely happens to SMU, the conferences best rebounding team. SMU has won 5/6 vs the cougars, and even though the cougars have a good perimeter defense, SMU should have a better shooting day than the 3-13 day the last time they met. Even if they cant hit, SMU shoots a lower percentage of threes compared to most AAC teams, and without gray the SMU guards should give SMU the advantage they need to cover the 5.5 points.

bndet99

I like it!

bndet99

FYI: Gray didn't play the last time these two teams met.

Kaister

Quote Originally Posted by bndet99 View Post
    FYI: Gray didn't play the last time these two teams met.
    Lol shit don't I look dumb. You're totally right. Everything else is right though

bndet99

Houston has definitely been trending downward. Losing their best player shouldn't help either. Is he definitely out?

Kaister

There's no source saying he will play, no source saying he 100% won't. But the general consensus is he won't. Plus SMU is on their us against the world quest. The lost to temple in a game which was thrown off due to the snow, and temple hit something like 15/30 threes. Houston just struggled with a young ECU while SMU handled a veteran Memphis team.

bndet99

I'm on it with you. Let's get it!

Kaister

Quote Originally Posted by bndet99 View Post
    I'm on it with you. Let's get it!
    Hell yeah I'm feeling lucky

bndet99

I just made this a bomb play. Hopefully, it works out for us

bndet99

So when is SMU going to start playing basketball? They are playing careless.

Kaister

Looking good at th half, here's to hoping it keeps up!

Kaister

SMU goes up 47-36 and then stops scoring. 23-6 run for Houston, currently 14 straight points. I swear whenever I bet on them I'm covering at the half and then Houston either gets ice cold or red hot to screw me lol.

Kaister

I like UCF +3 at Tulane. UCF has a pair of big bodies in McBride and Fall and force their opponents into threes, something Tulane ends up shooting more than they should. If they don't fall and Tulane is picking up offensive rebounds, they usually end up in trouble.

Kaister

Looking good with UCF, all my bets beside A&M winning, and i feel like keeping the hot streak going. Uconn is at -2.5 and just had their starting center return for the first time in conference play in their last game vs UCF. The result? UCF shot under 25%. Uconn won by three against memphis at home earlier this year, but were heavily outrebounded. Memphis hasnt been spectacular at home, and uconn has some good road wins. Uconn -2.5 is my pick for this one

Kaister

Back to .500 on here (4-4)! Two games today Cincy -3 at Memphis and Temple -4.5 @ UCF. i like The Cincy -3 line, as the bear cats have been playing really well recently, especially after halftime. These two played in Cincy about 3 weeks ago, and Memphis was hitting too many threes for Cincy to pull away and cover -8. Cincy still won by 4, but the margin should have been bigger. Memphis needs a win, but it looks like Cincy has finally righted the ship and has some momentum going to get back into the mix for the top spot in the AAC, with SMU out of the postseason.

Kaister

Ecu -5 is gold