Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

$110 Rebate..let's roll with it on NCAAB

Have taken a break from betting with real money for the most part the past few months. Was pleasantly surprised to find out I had not collected my 25% from RebateWager from my last deposit back in October. Well let's see what we can do with $110.

Will track my rebate plays here, keeping in mind I may not advance past tonight. Since I suck at NBA, NFL, Tennis, Soccer, etc and don't suck quite as bad with NCAAB, I'll stick with it and see where it takes me.

Pick 1: Georgia Tech -1.5 (risk $55 to win $50)

Both G-Tech and Clemson have been rather impressive this year, both sitting in the top 20. Both have had a few surprise wins, with the body of work looking very similar between the two. The reason I like G-Tech (besides home court) is the fact that Clemson seems to falter in these situations over the past decade. Clmson always seems to creep into the top 20, and when they have the opportunity to dive into the top #10, they hit a rough patch in the ACC schedule.
    Also, I really like how Iman Shumpert has played the past few games, as he's been creating good looks with his ability to get in the lane.

Pick 2: George Mason +3.5 (risk $55 to win $50)

With the exception of a blowout loss in Boston vs Northeastern, G Mason has been playing solid basketball, winning 5 of the last 6 Colonial games (including a win at home vs Hofstra) They are playing there typical grind it out defense, and scoring key buckets when necessary with a balanced attack.
    Hofstra on the other hand has lost 5 of their 6 Colonial games. I watched them lose by 13 at home to VCU last week, and they looked less then impressive. Besides Charles Jenkins, the Pride have a tough time scoring with no one else averaging double digits. What I feel is really going to hurt Hofstra is their lack of depth. You can expect a very physical game whenever Mason takes the court, and Hofstra only has 7 guys who play 10 minutes a game. I expect a low scoring game, which eventually Mason takes over late.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Sadly I am against you on Georgia Tech. Best of luck with your other play though

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

i like clemson tonight, but i like mason a lot better. hofstra is lame as hell.....gmu isnt really that great either but they're plus points and hofstra is garbage.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Thanks rebatewager for keepin me in the game.....for now. A 2-0 day, with a blowout and a nailbiter. Hopin everyone had a profitable day. Good night gents

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Regul8er
    Wordd

When looking at the today’s schedule last night, I became very dizzy, very quickly when I saw just how many games were on the board. I then thought to myself, it’s time to focus on a handful of conferences, and not spend time researching others. I went back into some spreadsheets, and selected 9 conferences I have had some success betting in the past. I have decided to focus on ACC, Big-10, Big East, Pac-10, Colonial, Ivy, Metro Atlantic, Missouri Valley and MWC. This will save me tonnes of research, and allow me to focus on a fraction of the NCAA basketball teams the next two months. Let’s get into today’s selections:
    Pittsburgh -1 (risk $55 to win $50)
    Along with K-State, Pitt has to be the biggest surprise in Division I ball this year. What was supposed to be a down year, has turned into a remarkable year. What a fantastic job by Jamie Dixon putting the Panthers into such a compromising position. Pitt has began Big East play 5-0 with arguably the most difficult schedule to date, with key wins at Syracuse, Cincinnati, UConn and a home win vs Louisville. Who needs Young and Blair? I’ll take a team riding a 52 game home winning streak at -1 any day of the week, especially against a Hoyas team who has dropped their last two on the road.
    Drake +1 (risk $55 to win $50)
    Before looking at the lines, I quickly cap the games, and come up with my own line. This game had the biggest discrepancy of the 17 I looked at. I had Drake at -5. After a really slow start, it looks like Drake is finally turning the corner and straightening out the ship. They come into Evansville riding the confidence of a 3 game winning streak, with a 5 point win at Southern Illinois and double digit point home victories over Missouri State and Illinois State. On the other hand, the Aces have been getting dealt 2-7 off suites thus far. Besides being 0-7 in the Missouri Valley hasn’t kept a conference game within 8 points. Evansville is very young, inexperienced and not ready for the battles theValley presents day in and day out.
    James Madison +8 (risk $55 to win $50)
    I think the Dukes are getting too many points here. James Madison’s record is less then at 2-5 in the Colonial and 8-9 overall, but they have been playing competitive basketball with the addition of Texas A&M transfer Denzel Bowles. Bowles has taken the scoring weight off the back of Julius Wells, giving the Dukes two legitimate scoring threats (maybe the best 1-2 offensive punch in the conference). Bowles is averaging 22.4 points and 9.7 boards per game. I don’t think Drexel has a solid enough big body to keep Bowles in check. In recent road contests, they lost by 4 at Stanford, 2 at Old Dominion and 7 at William & Mary. Drexel has been living and dying by the 3 point shot, and they come in ice cold the past 2 games shooting only 2-27 from beyond the arc. If this shooting slump continues, James Madison can post a nice road victory and get back to the middle of the pack in the Colonial.

Regul8er
    Wordd

1-2 thus far today.....not really what I was looking for, but thats ok.

Hoping to even things up on the day with UNLV -6 (risking $55 to win $50)

Tonight the Runnin' Rebels show Colorado State why they belong near the top of the Mountain West and why the Rams belong near the bottom. After a close loss to the Utes, UNLV will be looking the right the ship tonight. Colorado St is fresh off an embarassing 44 point loss to the Cougars of BYU.

onthewhat
    onthewhat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck buddy

Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

nice hit on UNLV

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Just lost juice today...keep it going.

Glitch

not too shabby

NY Playa
    NY Playa's Avatar Become A Pro!

could have been worse. you could be living in Haiti...

Regul8er
    Wordd

I appreciate the support and props gentlemen.

Tonight I'm going to ride:

1) Louisville -1.5 (risk $55 to win $50)

Desperation time for Rick Pitino's Cardinals tonight. A loss would drop them to 3-3 and in the middle of the Big East race, not a compromising position. Rick Pitino has had a bitter taste in his mouth since last Saturday's meltdown in Pittsburgh. Rest assured, he will have his boys ready tonight. Samuels has been a beast this year, and I expect nothing less against the Pirates. I'm sure the gameplan is to pound it inside early and get Herb Pope into early foul trouble, as he's been having a tough time staying on the court as of late. I love the role players in Sosa, Knowles, Smith, Delk and Jennings. As battle tested this bunch has been over the years, I expect them to get up early and stay ahead. I understand Seton Hall is a team on the rise, but they are catching Louisville at the wrong time.

2) Washington State +7.5 (risk $55 to win $50)

Minus two double digit losses at Kansas State and Arizona State, the Cougars have been tremendous despite their youth. They have been playing in a lot of tight games, with 5 of the 6 Pac-10 games being decided by 5 points or less (3 wins). I'll be honest, I don't know many names on the roster, but I watched them play Arizona on the road, and they were a scrappy bunch trying to make a name. USC also sports a young roster, and have exceeded expectations up to this point. With the postseason looming, and every game being critical, I see less motivation on the side of the Trojans due to the fact of their postseason ban. I expect a low scoring struggle, that gets decided in the last couple of minutes. Gimmie Wash St and the points.

Glitch

goodluck. i like louisville alot, probably too much.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I apologize I couldn't get back on here last night, but I added UCLA at +3.5 last minute. Since Im tracking my plays, I feel I need to add it here. Will try avoiding this in the future. Will be back later with probably two picks. Waiting for better lines

onthewhat
    onthewhat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Regul8er
    Wordd

One game, no time for writeup. YALE +2.5. To win $50

Regul8er
    Wordd

7-3 on my rebate, and rolled the account up to $295.

Three games on my card thus far, probably add another game or two a little later:

1) MICHIGAN ST. +2 (risk $55 to win $50)
    I was going to leave this game alone, until I found out last night that Minnesota PG Al Nolen will not suit up today because of academic issues. Lawrence Westbrook will most likely handle those duties today, and if so expect a lot of pressure as he's prone to turning the rock over. Yes, Michigan State has been winning in ugly fashion and has lacked the energy you'd expect from a Tom Izzo team. The Spartans in my opinion are still the class of the Big Ten, and are the most talented. It's not often you say this, but a road trip may be what Mich St. needs to get back to the level they are capable of playing at. Minnesota is no slouch (especially in Williams arena) and I expect them to feed off the crowd. I just think Izzo has his boys ready to go and ready to avenge their disappointing win on Wednesday vs Iowa.

2) VCU +3.5 (risk $55 to win $50)
    This pick is more a gut feel then anything else. VCU started Colonial play at 1-3 but has since won 4 in a row. They dropped a home game a few weeks back to Northeastern, and I fully expect them to have that loss fresh in their minds. VCU is still the class of the Colonial, and championships always seem to run through the Rams. Larry Sanders is arguably the best player in the Conference and has take over ability. VCU is a veteran squad that has alot of players who have played big minutes in NCAA tournament games the last few years. Northeastern has been playing tremendous after a very disappointing start, riding a 10 game win streak. Even though Northeastern is at the top of the conference at 7-1, playing at home and the favourite, I still feel VCU takes this game knowing they can't aford to drop more games if they want to be an at large team in March.

3) UCLA -1.5 (risk $55 to win $50)
    I won with and watched UCLA beat Washington on Thursday and was very impressed with the energy they played with. They overcame adversity on numerous occasions to pull out a BIG win and put themselves in a good position in the Pac-10. In fact, a win today puts them in the top half. If freshmen Tyler Honeycutt and Reeves Nelson and play as they did Thursday to compliment Lee, Roll and Dragovic, UCLA can be a factor during the regular season and Pac-10 championship. I will admit, I do like Washington St, winning with them Thursday as well. They played a very physical game against USC, in which they overcame a 13 point 2nd half deficit to win by 8. I'm hoping they come out a little flat, and feel satisfied with getting a split on the Southern Cal swing. Lets go Bruins.

Wishing everyone the best of luck today. Tred carefully, as the card is MASSIVE. Goodluck gents.

sportsfan2009
    Braves Runline -1.5 (+127)
    sportsfan2009's Avatar Become A Pro!

ucla will not win today its sunny here in westwood and when the sun comes out they lose just kidding i donot know good luck ucla is too scary for me

Regul8er
    Wordd

Just added WAKE FOREST -5.5 (risk $55 to win $50)

Virginia's magical run comes to a haulting stop today. I see Wake putting it to them early and often.

Regul8er
    Wordd

3-1 start to the day and 10-4 overall.....not a bad start.

Two more games to finish off Saturday, both in the Pac-10. Hopefully I can keep it going!

STANFORD -4.5 (risk $55 to win $50)

The Cardinal have been playing particularly well this season, especially at Maples. Landry Fields has been tremendous and Oregon will have a very tough time keeping from having a big game. Oregon has really hit a snide, and their moral is really taking a hit. With the exception of Porter and Longmire, Oregon has all freshman and sophomores. The sophomore class is certainly getting used to losing games going 8-23 last year and getting off to a rocky Pac-10 start this year. If Stanford can stay within themselves, and keep this a halfcourt game, the Ducks are dropping to 2-5 in conference.

ARIZONA +10.5 (risk $55 to win $50)

Since the start of the Pac-10 season, the Wilcats have been winning by double digits and losing tight games. Away from home, they beat UCLA and Oregon and lost by 6 at USC and 3 at Oregon St. Seth Miller has been doing a pretty good job thus far implementing a defense first gameplan, and its keeping them in a lot of games. Even thought Arizona has a young team, they are very talented and will be a force for years to come. The Sun Devils have been the most consistent Pac-10 team even with the loss of Harden to the NBA. With the styles of play I can see the winner scoring high 50's to low 60's. Even if Arizona falls in defeat, I expect a grind from start to finish.

Goodluck tonight fellas.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Alright Boys.........lets keep this little roll going. Had a solid 5-1 Saturday...pushing me to 12-4 overall. How about getting +10.5 with Arizona and them winning straight up by 19! Been able to raise my $110 rebate up to $490. Two games on my card today:

1) PENN STATE +12.5 (risk $55 to win $50)

Yes, the Nittany Lions are at the bottom of the Big Ten at 0-6. Yes, the Nittany Lions are having a difficult time scoring, and certaintly it won't be much easier vs the Badgers. Yes, the Nittany Lions lost by 17 at home to the Badgers three weeks ago. That 17 point loss was the only loss of the 10 they've suffered that's been larger then 11 points. They have been losing a lot of close Big Ten games on the road vs notably Minnesota and Illinois. Talor Battle is starting to find his stroke and reaching his stride. I've found in many cases, especially recently Wisconsin will play to the level of their competition. Wisconsin is not a team designed to blow teams out of the water. I fully expect Wisconsin to win the game, but I expect it to be by around 7 or 8.

2) CREIGHTON BLUE JAYS -3.5 (risk $55 to win $50)

I really like this line tonight at 8pm. Both teams are sitting in the middle of the Valley at 4-4. Creighton's 3-1 at home, with wins over Wichita St, Southern Illinois and Drake (loss to Northern Iowa). On the other hand, Missouri St is 1-3 on the road, with an 18 point loss at Bradley, 11 point loss at Drake and 8 point loss at Northern Iowa (win at winless Evansville). This is a tale of two teams who have great success at home, and little success on the road. The Qwest Center has always been a tough place to play, and the Bears find this out tonight.

Goodluck today. I'm going to stay disciplined, and avoid betting the AFC and NFC Championships!

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good job , this is one of the reasons I use RebateWager .

Regul8er
    Wordd

Gotta love the backdoor cover from Creighton last night. Down 1 with a minute to play, and squeeze out a cover from the charity stripe in the final seconds.

Today there is only one game that fits my Conference criteria (G-Town at Syracuse). I will be taking a pass on this one, and sitting the night out. Maybe my few month hiatus has taught me to be more patient and manage money more efficiently.

Very happy about my 14-4 record and +9.60 units, risking 1 unit per play. Will be back tomorrow if I see some value. Goodluck on your plays tonight boys!

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow, very impressive run, hope you can keep it up, GL!

Regul8er
    Wordd

After a day off yesterday, I’m hoping to keep my strong start in tact with a couple double digit dogs. I was trying my hardest to force in a 7:00pm game, but I didn’t feel comfortable with any of them. I’m maturing, watch out now! haha

Pick 1: DePaul +17 (risk $55 to win $50)

After looking at the lines, I had West Virginia as a 10 point favorite. I couldn’t turn down the opportunity to get DePaul at +17. The Blue Demons actually come into the game with a little momentum with a home win vs Marquette and a road loss by 10 at Notre Dame where they put up 77 points in a hostile environment. DePaul has put forth good efforts early in the season, with a win over Northern Iowa and 4 point loss against Tennessee, so maybe their suddenly remembering how to compete and fight under their interim. #9 ranked West Virginia comes in off a nice home win over Ohio State over the weekend. Even though the Mountaineers are 4-2 on the road this year, all but one effort has been less then impressive. Other then crushing South Florida, they won tight games over Cleveland St, Seton Hall and Marshall, while losing to Notre Dame and getting blown out by Purdue. I can see West Virginia taking this game for granted, and looking forward to a big home game on Saturday with Louisville. I’m hoping Will Walker can keep his hot hand which scored him 35 vs Notre Dame over the weekend to score just enough to have DePaul cover the line.

Pick 2: Northwestern +12 (risk $55 to win $50)

I had this game capped as Minnesota being a 7 point favorite, so I love the fact I’m getting 5 extra points. Both teams come into the contest at 3-4 in Big Ten play, and would love to get back to 500. Northwestern is 1-2 away from home in conference, with a 6 point win at Michigan, a 6 point loss at Illinois and a 20 point loss at Ohio St. They came out VERY flat against the Buckeyes falling behind by 15 about 5 minutes into the game. Once they settled down, they played pretty good ball. Mixed in between this loss, they beat Purdue and Illinois at home. John Shurna and Michael Thompson have really picked up the slack this year, putting the Wildcats in a position to reach the NCAA’s. Both teams tonight like to slow the pace down, use shot clock, and work primarily out of the halfcourt set. If Northwestern can knock down some 3’s (there averaging about 8 per contest) I see them sticking around late. Minnesota comes in riding a 3 game losing streak, and really missed the present of Al Nolen vs Mich St on Saturday down the stretch. Devoe Joseph had to handle the PG duties most of the way, and did a pretty good job. He didn’t seem overly confident in that duty though, and fizzled out in crunch time. Tubby will have the Gophers prepared, but I see a tight game with all that’s at stake in the Big 10 standings.

Goodluck on everyones cards tonight........Peace Fellas!

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Nice work so far Reg, keep it up!!

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Aweome Regula8r!! I just found your thread. Your on fire brother..

Regul8er
    Wordd

Thanks Tobias and lyon! Another 2-0 night yesterday, pushing my record to 16-4 . Not sure how DePaul covered yesterday after falling behind 17 in the 1st half, but I'll take it. I've locked in two games already, and will be back with the 3rd, as I feel I can get a better line.

1) Penn St. -1 (risk $55 to win $50)

I waited a little too long, as I could have had Penn St. at +1.5, but had to settle for -1. I'm going to stick with them, as they gave me a nice road cover at Wisconsin on Sunday. 6 of their 7 Big 10 losses have been by less then ten points, so they have been in a lot of games, just having trouble finishing. I think a re-match with Illinois at home is just what the doctor ordered to get them in the win column. They played Illinois tough on the road two weeks ago, losing by 1 point. In this game, the Nittany Lions struggled shooting 34%, 28% on three pointers, and 55% on free throws. Talor Battle had probably his worst game of the year, scoring only 9 points on 4-19 from the field, with 4 boards and 3 assists. In the three games since, Battle has scored 27 points per game and grabbed 6 points. If Battle can continue this production, it may be the difference which wasn't there in Campaign. Illinois is only 2-6 on the road this year, with there lone Big 10 road win coming to the hands of Indiana. Illinois seems like a team who really steps up against the top tier teams, and plays down to the bottom feeders. I expect the home crowd to will Penn St. to their first conference win tonight.

2) Bradley -2.5 (risk $55 to win $50)

Bradley has been hitting its stride in the M-Valley, winning its last 3 to position themselves in a tie for 3rd in the Valley. They have really turned on their defensive pressure as of late, and have rebounded well. I generally love betting Creighton as small favorites at home, but they are a different story on the road. They are 1-3 on the road in the Valley, with there lone win coming against winless Evansville. A big factor in this game is that Creighton coach Dana Altman has suspended 3rd leading scorer P'Allen Stinnett.
    I love picking small dogs and small favorites at home in the Missouri Valley, as most venues are very difficult for opposing teams to steal wins. If Bradley can continue committing to working hard on the defensive ball, Creighton has been prone all year to going into scoring funks. 1 or 2 of these dry spells may be enough for Bradley to pull off their 4 straight conference win.

I'll be back with my 3rd game later in the afternoon!

Glitch

very good stuff, this is one of my favorite threads to keep up with lately- good shit man. do it to it

this thread should be turned into a movie

Regul8er
    Wordd

thanks glitch......glad your enjoying the thread. I now have locked in my thirs and final game of the day:

3) Notre Dame +10.5 (risk $55 to win $50)

I was hoping the line would jump to 11, but I'm confident getting double digit points here and I've lost my patience. Big spot for Notre Dame. It's seems the media is writing them off, as they've faltered in their big games this year. If the Irish really want to make some noise, they better give Villanova all they can handle. I think Villanova has a big edge is guard play, but Harangody gives ND a big edge inside. I don't think Pena and King can physically handle Luke. With all the experience on this team (3 SR's and 2 JR's in the starting lineup), they shouldn't be intimidated. They get to play in the Wachovia Center, which isn't Villanova's TRUE home court. Minus the final 5 minutes against Syracuse last week, Notre Dame has played hard and kept games close. If Harangody can dominate early, he can really open up the outside. If Villanova goes zone, Harangody is about as good as they come in finding the holes and creating scoring opportunities. On the big stage vs Villanova, I see Notre Dame battling, and possibly stealing a win. Now be nice to me Scottie Reynolds!

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Awesome run Buddy!! Keep it rolling..liking today's picks as well

Regul8er
    Wordd

Guys I think Im really maturing at this sports betting thing. I finally had a cold night going 0-3 dropping my record to 16-7. Normally I would be picking every late game and 2nd half I could find and turn a -$165 day into a -300 or worse. Tomorrows a new day and I plan on getting things back on track. Hope many had successful nights!

Regul8er
    Wordd

Just locked in my 1st play. Will probably have 1 or 2 later on, just waiting out the lines:

1) WAKE FOREST +5.5 (risk $55 to win $50)

Since losing 2 straight around Thanksgiving, the Demon Deacons have played great ball. On the road since then, they beat Gonzaga, lost by 1 to Miami FL, crushed UNC and lost by 20 to Duke. The Duke score is misleading, as they were tied with 12 mins to go. I've been very impressed with their balance inside and out. Now if Wake can just handle the ball, and get up shots rather then turning it over, they will be a top 3 or 4 in the ACC end of the year. Minus a big home win vs Duke, I don't know what G-Tech has done to get themselves ranked in the top #25? I think Wake's body of work has been more impressive, and Wake sits ahead in the ACC standings. G-Tech's 3 conference wins have been by a combined 8 points. G-Tech's leads are never safe with their constant struggles from the charity stripe. I expect the Deacons will try to force the tempo, and speed things up. Sure G-Tech has shown the ability to press and score, but they prefer the game in the 60's.

jgiun1
    jgiun1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

GL man,,,,,,,I added it, if your on it.....IT'S golden

123 Last