Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Just locked in my 1st play. Will probably have 1 or 2 later on, just waiting out the lines:

1) WAKE FOREST +5.5 (risk $55 to win $50)

Since losing 2 straight around Thanksgiving, the Demon Deacons have played great ball. On the road since then, they beat Gonzaga, lost by 1 to Miami FL, crushed UNC and lost by 20 to Duke. The Duke score is misleading, as they were tied with 12 mins to go. I've been very impressed with their balance inside and out. Now if Wake can just handle the ball, and get up shots rather then turning it over, they will be a top 3 or 4 in the ACC end of the year. Minus a big home win vs Duke, I don't know what G-Tech has done to get themselves ranked in the top #25? I think Wake's body of work has been more impressive, and Wake sits ahead in the ACC standings. G-Tech's 3 conference wins have been by a combined 8 points. G-Tech's leads are never safe with their constant struggles from the charity stripe. I expect the Deacons will try to force the tempo, and speed things up. Sure G-Tech has shown the ability to press and score, but they prefer the game in the 60's.
    I like the Wake call..the money has been flowing like crazy into G.T so I plan to wait just a tad bit higher before I pull trigger..

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I have a feeling that the line comes back down to +5 or +4.5. That's why I locked it at +5.5.

Troillunge
    Troillunge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Jumping on the tailing train here. Thanks for the write-up's, I feel confident tailing you. Seems like you have it under control

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

wake has been rising as well! think it goes to +6?? just saw your anser...might as well lock it in now i guess! thanks

Regul8er
    Wordd

2) SETON HALL -2 (risk $55 to win $50)

Some might say this is a trap game for the Pirates, and you might be right. But in my opinion, it's hard to pass on Seton Hall tonight. They have been extremely competitive in Big East play this year, and finally have been rewarded with two hard fought home wins against Louisville and Pittsburgh. They desperately need to win this game, as their next two are at Villanova and Pitt. They can't afford a letdown in this spot if they want any chance at postseason play, and I expect an animated Bobby Gonzalez has gotten this message across to his guys. Overall there 2-3 on the road this year, but lost tight games at UConn, Georgetown and V-Tech and won by 10 at Cornell (thats impressive). Jeremy Hazell might be the best "scorer" in the Big East and Herb Pope may be the best true rebounder in the Big East and feel good story. After watching them play Lousville last week, they have a few other blue collar guys who play hard and contribute. South Florida is not by any stretch the most difficult place to win a Big East road game, with their lone home win coming at the hands of Rutgers. Yes, Dominique Jones is coming off a huge offensive performance pouring in 46. I expect him to score on a less then stellar Pirate defense. South Florida is desperately missing big man Gilchrist, and they will be much improved upon his return, which isn't tonight. I expect South Florida's lack of depth and a steady inside presense to be exploited tonight.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5224

i really like this seton hall play- man these guys can score. that weird-lookin hazell kid with the ears is fearless.
    i also hope this -2 isnt a trap

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Yeah, Seton Hall been playing good recently. LMAO @ those ears he's got.

Regul8er
    Wordd

3) ARIZONA STATE -4 (risk $55 to win $50)

I was too late on this one, could have had -3.5 but I'm still confident enough to pull the trigger here and put my 5-0 PAC-10 record on the line. Wells Fargo arena has been a difficult place to win the past few years, and the Sun Devils look to avenge an embarassment to Arizona on Saturday. Arizona State defends about as good as any team in the nation, and really makes things uncomfortable. If they can keep Randle and Boykin out of rythem, Cal will have a difficult time scoring enough points. They will slow the game down like they have all season, and should be in good shape if Abbott and Kuksiks can knock down some shots. The Sun Devils are averaging about 9 three's a game. Whats impressive is their margin of victories in Pac-10 play; 17, 25, 19 and 9. I just see Arizona State coming out aggressive, and feeding off their crowds energy to move into a tie for first with the Golden Bears.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Anyone watching the Wake Forest game? WOW, they look horrible. Didn't see this kind of domination by a long shot.

Regul8er
    Wordd

If ALL 3 of my games tonight lose (which is very likely), then I am done and taking the $360 out. Would be a nice $250 gift from rebatewager. But my word, 8 straight wins turns into 6 straight loses. This is a crazy game fellows, and I'm not looking for a roller coaster ride.
    It's been a fun week guys!

Regul8er
    Wordd

Chalk up Seton Hall as a loss too! Very weird game. Seems like Seton was behind by 2-5 points the whole 2nd half, and everytime they got it tied or to within 2, South Florida would score. As I was watching, I kept picturing the Illinois/Penn St game from yesterday.......thinking the better team would pull away late, and South Florida was buckle under the pressure. I kept seeing it and seeing it, just never happened. Not sure what I've been seeing last two days, but sure hasnt been winners!

Hope some of you had a good days! Now cmon Arizona St, lets get me back on track and keep me in the game for a minute longer.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO

yeah exactly- right after i woke up from my late-afternoon lazy bastard nap, i looked back at the play-by-play to see if somethin fishy went down
    seton wall was up one point at the half- they let S. Florida score first and then they just coasted behind one score the entire second half- that was pretty weird to see.

Arizona state doesnt cover but i hope youre still gonna get at it. even if you pull some out and leave in 80 or 100 dollars.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Well I did a fun late night 3 team parlay with Santa Clara, Oregon and Phoenix Suns that won all my losses back for the day.
    I shall be back another day!

bigboyfosho
    bigboyfosho's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice job, good luck tonight

Regul8er
    Wordd

Thanks Bud. I risked $28 on that parlay to win $168, and gain $3 on the day after a horrid start.
    What I have done is request a payout for $360, leaving me with $165 still in my account. This allows me to play at least 3 more games risking $55. My record in my signature only reflects the plays I have posted (games from winning parlay not included)

I'll be back with an Ivy League play or two later in the day. Hopefully I can build this thing up once more.

mugsey15
    mugsey15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Best of luck to you today to getting hot again. smart move on taking some of the money out. Always good to know you will make some profit.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO

no shame in waiting till tommorow either- full slate of games- even some involving black guys and stands with people in them

Regul8er
    Wordd

haha! I hear ya glitcher. I don't think Harvard has a white guy in the starting lineup amazingly.

But I took the day off Monday, because I couldn't find any value, but I think I have found some in 2 Ivy League games tonight. Will post shortly, stay tuned. You from Canada buddy? I'm guessing so with the pic of Negreanu. I grew up just outside of Toronto, and now live in Cincinnati.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11105

Congrats on cashing in some money.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Clear mind tonight, gonna try and get back to my winning ways. Two Ivy League plays on my card:

1) YALE -8.5 (risk $55 to win $50)

Yale was able to beat Brown on the road last Friday by 8, now they play at home against an even worse Penn team. Yale comes in riding a little momentum, while Penn comes in playing like garbage and wih little confident. Penn got blown away against 3 local Pittsburgh teams all at home (Temple, St. Joe's and Lasalle). You would think if the Quakers would be up for any games on their slate, these would be the ones at home. All of a sudden after years at the top, Penn really lacks talent. Minus a win over 1-20 UMBC on the road, the Quakers have been getting pounded by an average of 25 points. You get the point! Expect Yale to ride Alex Zampier to a comfortable home win.

2) DARTMOUTH +25.5 (risk $55 to win $50)

25.5 points is a lot of points in a conference game. Yes, Cornell is a very strong, legitmate team with potential NBA talent and will not come close to losing tonight. I've been encouraged with how Dartmouth has played the last two games. They beat St Francis (NY) and lost by 4 at home to Harvard (after losing to them by 29 two weeks earlier). Harvard's head coach Tommy Amaker was very impressed with how inspired they played last weekend. I'm thinking it may be difficult for Cornell to get too fired up for this game knowing Harvard is coming to town tomorrow night. If Cornell does build a comfortable lead in the 2nd half, I have a tough time seeing the coach leaving their starters in with all thats at stake tomorrow. I'm hoping the Big Green can ride the momentum they've created lately, hang around early, knock down some shots and stay within 25.

Goodluck tonight fellas!

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Keep up the good work!!

kboiler
    kboiler's Avatar Become A Pro!

This has been a fun thread to follow. BOL tonight!

Jerrod
    Jerrod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

gl man play money is always easier to make money off of

bigboyfosho
    bigboyfosho's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck

Regul8er
    Wordd

Tread lightly dudes.....I have lost my last 6 posted plays!

Regul8er
    Wordd

Dartmouth got hammered.......but Yale snapped my streak! Take the good with the bad, and you can never complain when you only drop $5 in a day. On to tomorrow, I'll see yall then.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Alot of games I like today, but I will start with two 12:00 games, and be back later.

1) GEORGE MASON -8 (risk $55 to win $50)

I capped Mason as being 13 point favorites before looking at the lines, so I'll take the extra 5 points. Alot of teams in the CAA have had trouble with the Duke's big man Denzel Bowles. Ryan Pearson did a good job slowing him down, as Mason beat James Madison by 11 on the road a few weeks back. George Mason is very well coached with Larranaga, and always has the Patriots ready to go. Coaches reports show James Madison has lacked energy and consistent bench play all year, an area George Mason will certainly take advantage of by coming out with high intensity, looking to build an early lead. Larranaga will find the weakness of opponents, and exploit it. -8 seems like a great spot at noon.

LOUISVILLE +7.5 (risk $55 to win $50)

The Cardinals have been searching for a marquee win all year, and no better time then on the road at #9 ranked West Virginia. Louisville is a disappointing 1-4 on the road this year, but not without opportunities to win. They lost by 3 at Seton Hall, 5 at Pitt, 9 at Kentucky and 5 at UNLV. I fully expect that with a week between games, Pitino will have a solid gameplan, to give the Cards a chance to win the game. I like taking teams as road dogs when they are at a crossroads when a loss could cause major detriment to their NCAA chances. We all know Louisville has the talent, its just a matter of showing up to play for 40 minutes, and not just 30-35. WV won't make things easy by any means as Morgantown is one of the toughest places to play, but I expect a classic Big East battle from beginning to end.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Another split on the early games, at least I'm starting to remember what wins feel like. Going to up the amount a bit here.

3) BOSTON COLLEGE Pick (risk $77 to win $70)

After a sluggish start this year, BC seems to hitting their stride and moving in the right direction. Jackson, Raji and Sanders have been contributing more consistently as of late, taking some offensive pressure off Trapani. Florida St. is a good young talented ACC team, but they have not proven they can't play great basketball away from Tallahassee yet. Florida St flew straight to Boston after their 14 point loss to Duke on Wednesday, and have been out of routine. This doesn't always bode well for younger teams. I expect BC to continue its surge in the ACC, and get back to .500.

4) AIR FORCE -1.5 (risk $77 to win $70)

The Falcons are still winless at 0-6 in the Mountain West, and have their best opportunity to date to get in the win column. They are starting to get healthy after a slew of injuries early on. Most notably, guard Grant Parker has returned after missing 10 straight, averaging 15 points per game. Air Force had something to feel good about, only losing by 10 points at UNLV. On the other hand, Wyoming is a pretty competitive team in Laramie but have yet to scratch out a road win this year in 5 chances. Just as Air Force is getting healthy, Wyoming now has to continue the rest of the season without leading scorer Afam Muojeke who suffered a knee injury last week. If Air Force is going to win a MWC game this year, they better do it this afternoon.

Regul8er
    Wordd

boy oh boy

Regul8er
    Wordd

BC craps the bed.....cmon Air Force hang on! If not, I'll be happy with my much needed $360.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Air Force wins to keep me alive in this thing. I currently have IOWA +13 going. They are down 12 at half, ouch!

I tried to add boy oh boy to my above post, and ended up deleting my Iowa writeup! Oh well, I didnt post until like 2 mins before tip, so no one would have had time to read anyways! Sorry fellas

I have just added a 6th game today:

OREGON +2 (risk $77 to win $70)

Again, Oregon is a tough place to play, as UCLA found out two nights ago. They welcome in a struggling USC squad who have dropped 3 in a row, including a loss on Thursday to Oregon St. Oregon has a little bit more to play for here, trying to creep up the standings, and USC's seeding makes no difference because of their postseason suspension. I think factor takes a little energy away from Kevin O'Neill's squad that normally be present. I like Oregon to get the weekend sweep of the Southern California teams.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Hit with DRAKE last night (wasnt around to give a writeup or list the pick), to give me a 4-3 Saturday, winning $51. How about my 7-0 Pac-10 record! Not too shabby! My account is now sitting at $211 (after my withdraw last week)

Two games on the slate today:

1) MARYLAND +3.5 (risk $77 to win $70)

Clemson is a little banged up (2nd leading scoring Stitt is out tonight), and have been slipping a bit in the ACC. Maryland is playing as good of ball as anyone in the conference, currently sitting alone in 1st place. They've played well in their two road ACC games, crushing BC and losing by 2 at Wake Forest. Maryland is led by three seniors, Vasquez, Milbourne and Hayes, who have all been key contributors. I see this being a tight contest, but the seperating factor could be percentages from the free throw line. Maryland is one of the best in the country in this area, Clemson struggles year in and year out. Give me Maryland and the points.

2) WICHITA ST. -1 (risk $77 to win $70)

If the Shockers want to legitmately make the Missouri Valley a 2 bid conference, it desperately needs a win on the road tonight, especially with a tough game at Northern Iowa this week. We all know how good this team is at home, but they are 2-3 on the road. They have won at Indiana St and Missouri St, and lost by a point to Creighton. This tells me they have the talent and ability to play and compete away from home. Since beginning the season 9-2, the Salukis have since gone 3-6, including three Conference losses on their home court. Wichita St. gets a little more production off their bench from Gabe Blair and David Kyles, which could be a key factor tonight.

Goodluck today guys!! Hope yesterday wasn't too bad

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL today man, I went against MD unfortunately. Now I'm hearing Clemson's PG isn't expected to play

Regul8er
    Wordd

YUP reports say Stitt it OUT...and apparently Booker broke his nose last game, and will be wearing a facemask tonight. If he's never played in one, it could certainly be a distraction and limit his aggressiveness and toughness in the paint. The facemask can have big effects on some, little on others, it all depends.

Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

GL!

First 123 Last