gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

san francisco dons +17.5 @ BYU?

seems like alot of points.... san francisco playing much much better of late, although check of power ratings shows the same for SF.

i guess the numbers do support the spread. 16.7 difference in 5 game ranking.. #10 vs. #138 (last 5)

san francisco found it hard getting out of the gate, lost some seniors, then two other key non-seniors left, including their only good big man (very dynamic player too). went to arizona on graduate transfer.

devin watson their PG is fantastic. derksen = good SG.... and that was all they had to start the season.. alot of it early to mid-season was basically devin watson doing everything. and the results weren't good.

but they seem to have found alot of balance now with new players in the lineup.

san francisco is my minor conference semi-local team (spend alot of time in SF) so maybe i'm just too postive on local team... coach (rex walters) seems like a major diiiicccckkkk but i still cheer for the team.

i basically see this as a reasonably competitive game that finally gets away from SF and they lose by 10-12, NOT 18

p.s. i checked to make sure watson is playing. he seems to be.... also need to check BYU HFA. i imagine it could be huge. but i think HFA is much bigger deal on tight point spreads.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

ok, so BYU's home advantage last year ranked #268. statistically they weren't even better at home i.e. the same.

of course, i know about small sample sizes, a bunch of uncompetitive games etc..... i just wanted to make sure BYU's HFA isn't really big statistically and hasn't been really big for years.

it would make sense that high altitude and crazy fans would lead to HFA.