wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

UNCW at ECU

Taking UNCW -2.5 here. UNCW's only loss this season was at Georgetown by 5 points in their last game. I've seen them play twice and they are legit and too much for the Pirates. And forget about ECU having a home court advantage because there will be approximately 800 screaming pirate fans at the game.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

I'm on the other side, pal. That Georgetown loss doesn't look so impressive after watching monmouth dismantle the Hoyas on the home court last night. Who else has uncw played? Etsu? Wmu? Eky? These pirates played cal close in Berkeley, played coc close in Charleston, and had a big lead on ua-lr in tourney play before turning the ball over 20 times and still only losing by 8. ECU introducing a new head fb coach making first public appearance tonight at home court, and say watcha want about the home court in Greenville, but the east Carolina pirates are undefeated this season on that court. Uncw puts up some points, I'll give em that, and they might win/cover, but my data shows 85% of public bets ATS and 97% of public ML wagers on uncw, with 90% public wagers OVER payed total of 146. Not that this is a big public play generating lots of interest, but I couldn't play uncw in this spot, so I'm buying the hook, and hammering ECU +3 risking 1.98u to win 1.65u. I fully expect ECU to win straight up, and wouldn't be surprised if the number falls under the total.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyeshamus View Post
    I'm on the other side, pal. That Georgetown loss doesn't look so impressive after watching monmouth dismantle the Hoyas on the home court last night. Who else has uncw played? Etsu? Wmu? Eky? These pirates played cal close in Berkeley, played coc close in Charleston, and had a big lead on ua-lr in tourney play before turning the ball over 20 times and still only losing by 8. ECU introducing a new head fb coach making first public appearance tonight at home court, and say watcha want about the home court in Greenville, but the east Carolina pirates are undefeated this season on that court. Uncw puts up some points, I'll give em that, and they might win/cover, but my data shows 85% of public bets ATS and 97% of public ML wagers on uncw, with 90% public wagers OVER payed total of 146. Not that this is a big public play generating lots of interest, but I couldn't play uncw in this spot, so I'm buying the hook, and hammering ECU +3 risking 1.98u to win 1.65u. I fully expect ECU to win straight up, and wouldn't be surprised if the number falls under the total.
    Cash 'em.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

A couple things. UNCW was down 21 to GT with under 6 minutes to go, losing by 5 didnt tell the whole story, they were losing by double digits the entire game and simply got hot late when GT let up, game wasnt close in reality. I hit up ECU 2nd half, was an easy bet for me because I basically watched the entire 1st half. If you only have one fan in the stand it doesnt matter if you have 3 refs on your side. The refs kept the game close in the first half.

After seeing that I knew there was no way ECU was going to lose this game at home. UNCW plays stupid defense, always reaching at ballhandlers when they arnt even at a good position to get the ball, they run a full court press, but its weak, ECU broke it repeatedly with little effort, UNCW they foul an awful lot, but still quite a bit of the calls were nonexistent, if I remember correctly UNCW was called for 22 first half fouls and ECU had shot 29 free throws in the first half, 51 total for the game. If not for the fishy refs UNCW would have won going away, referees are the ones who make gambling more difficult than it has to be.
    Last edited by jtoler; 12-17-15 at 08:57 AM.