Quote Originally Posted by restingbird View Post
some of these fools should read

"This was a decision months in the making," Ryan said. "I brought this up to Barry back in April. He advised me to take some time to think it over, and I appreciated that. But in recent weeks, I have come to the conclusion that now is the right time for me to retire and for Greg Gard to have the opportunity to coach the team for the remainder of the season. I discussed this with Barry, and I appreciate him giving me the space to make this decision."

Ryan said that part of the reason he came back for this season was to give Gard time to be with his father, Glen, who was diagnosed with cancer in the spring and died this fall. Ryan said the demands on Gard's time to fly around the country meeting with doctors and helping his dad put his retirement on the back burner. Following Glen Gard's death, Ryan then spoke with Alvarez and decided the semester break would be a good time to step down.
90% of the responses on here are total fools spouting off without knowing the story.... TOTALLY AGREE Resting