2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

11/25 ncaa discussion thread

good morning everyone, so far so good, 2 threads 2 winning days with lots of participation from the good guys around here. lets see if we can keep the good times rolling as i attempt to make more this week than i would have at work

drinking my coffee and taking the 1st look at the card now so i dont have any plays yet just wanted to get the thread started.

there are 2 tournaments starting today where i have had great success playing unders over the years. the battle for atlantas kicks off in the bahamas and this is the tourney i believe they play in a makeshift gym that more like a convention hall, teams generally do not shoot well here early on as depth perception is a little tricky. unfortunately zags and udub are the 1st game and they will fly up and down the court, nice high total tho, just something to keep in mind, might not play the 1st under but tex/am matchup and ucon/mich will both offer opportunities as the day goes on..

the other is the great alaskan shootout which tips off much later tonight. this one isnt as much gym related as it is we usually see crappy teams here, their body clocks are all out of whack, i mean who shoots well in freaking alaska?

ok thread is up, ill start posting plays as i go through the card, as always look forward to all your questions and comments.
    Points Awarded:

Dmoneytx gave 2daBank 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

2daBank

zags/udub un 166 (.5x).. just going a half unit here as even tho i swept my totals yesterday im still a little leery with the reduced shot clock and incessant amount of ticky tack fouls being called, add to that we have two really fast paced teams and gonna side with caution. that said i know these been profitable and books have adjusted their numbers so still think worth a play. both teams been lighting up the scoreboard but that been against much weaker opponents. udub played a similarly fast paced tex team at a neutral court to open the season and the results were far lower. both teams are holding opponents to very low fg percentages and as i mentioned they should be aided by the venue here.. i hate playing unders in what appear to be track meets but the fact they the early start and 2 teams way out of their regular time zones makes it a must for me..

2daBank

ucon-3..give me the team that plays defense and will win on the glass facing off against a jump shooting team playing in a venue that historically tough on shooters.

MSUSpartan32
    MSUSpartan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

I will be on UConn as well, Bank. A trend to pay attention to this year, with Michigan, teams that are physical, get into them defensively, and will crash the glass is a recipe for disaster. Xavier showed it against them last week. Finesse teams that want to run up and down and swap jumper, take Michigan, very skilled. The more physical the game, the lesser the chances of this team.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by MSUSpartan32 View Post
    I will be on UConn as well, Bank. A trend to pay attention to this year, with Michigan, teams that are physical, get into them defensively, and will crash the glass is a recipe for disaster. Xavier showed it against them last week. Finesse teams that want to run up and down and swap jumper, take Michigan, very skilled. The more physical the game, the lesser the chances of this team.
    yea i agree 100% and this venue will make it even more troublesome for them i do believe. rare that guys shoot well here with this odd backdrop they not used to and fairly tight rims if i recall correctly.

2daBank

ill ask the same thing i asked before umass creamed clemson as 8 point dogs, who the fukk is clemson offensively challenged asses to be laying this kind of number? rutger stinks but clemson just doesnt play the style of game making them capable of covering big numbers.

BXbomber11
    BXbomber11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big UConn follower here bank. This team is legit this year. They play excellent team ball offensively and defensively. Ollie has a number of lineups he can switch between and they can score consistently both inside and out and should be able to run in transition all day if they want. Mich gonna have to keep it respectable on the glass and shoot lights out to have a chance.

BXbomber11

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    ill ask the same thing i asked before umass creamed clemson as 8 point dogs, who the fukk is clemson offensively challenged asses to be laying this kind of number? rutger stinks but clemson just doesnt play the style of game making them capable of covering big numbers.
    Clemson overvauled once again and UMass undervalued vs Creighton imo. I think umass will beat Creighton straight up so I'll def bite in the 3.5

Wesley
    Wesley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6293

I like Rutgers 1st half +7 and 1st half ML +360 here...Clemson played really bad 1st halfs against Umass and Texas Southern

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

San Francisco - 3 may be a nice little night play

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BXbomber11 View Post
    Big UConn follower here bank. This team is legit this year. They play excellent team ball offensively and defensively. Ollie has a number of lineups he can switch between and they can score consistently both inside and out and should be able to run in transition all day if they want. Mich gonna have to keep it respectable on the glass and shoot lights out to have a chance.
    think that even less likely at this venue., really like ucon here a lot and may add to it.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    San Francisco - 3 may be a nice little night play
    i hate playing against teams that have losses vs stronger teams and are stepping down in class like the gauchos are doing here.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Im hoping to get CMU +2 first half vs Milwaukee. Im 0-2 backing milwaukee in the last 2 days by like a combined 4 points, and they do alot of good things, but just as many bad. They have been in b2b battles losing to murray by 3, and last night against the dukes in OT.

Keno Davis' squad also is 0-2, losing to a good weber team in the opener, followed by getting ran outta the gym last night by the hill toppers. I like the Chippewas to bounce back today and play well in the first 20 minutes against a game panthers squad who has to be more beat up both physically and emotionally. Keno has no depth so I just wanna back them 1h here for a unit as a dog, because like i said Milwaukee won't lay down.

PorkChop

Texas A&M - 3 vs Texas seems a little low. Neutral court however

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Adding to that ^ a big reason I've backed milwaukee was their rebounding edge in the first 2 games, but cmu should combat that.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I wanna back washington 1h, but not sure how all those freshman will handle it vs zaga. Gotta pass there, and also lean under banker

PorkChop

CMU has been inept without Fowler

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Loyola chicago is a 10 Ptfav against San diego. San Diego is a bad bad team do u think Loyola can cover the 10 here in this spot
    Last edited by SEAHAWKHARRY; 11-25-15 at 08:20 AM.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    Loyola chicago is a 10 Ptfav against San diego. San Diego is a bad bad team do u think Loyola can cover the 10 here in this spot
    10 seems way steep to me but likely be one of those tourney games where im on the under in one form or another rather than a side..

KDF500
    Long time listener, first time caller
    KDF500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1117

Rutgers +12 indeed. Also

A little intrigued at Yale +13...

2daBank

zags/udub un 166 (.5x).. just going a half unit here as even tho i swept my totals yesterday im still a little leery with the reduced shot clock and incessant amount of ticky tack fouls being called, add to that we have two really fast paced teams and gonna side with caution. that said i know these been profitable and books have adjusted their numbers so still think worth a play. both teams been lighting up the scoreboard but that been against much weaker opponents. udub played a similarly fast paced tex team at a neutral court to open the season and the results were far lower. both teams are holding opponents to very low fg percentages and as i mentioned they should be aided by the venue here.. i hate playing unders in what appear to be track meets but the fact they the early start and 2 teams way out of their regular time zones makes it a must for me..
    making this 1x but splitting between 1st half and game.

1st half un 78.5

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KDF500 View Post
    Rutgers +12 indeed. Also

A little intrigued at Yale +13...
    i was at 1st with yale, my problem is they been really counting on offensive boards and puke has so much size i dont know if they can count on them here. i like their experience tho, i also like fading home teams this time of year but cameron probably still crazy even when kids are at home..another thing i dont like is it yale 3rd straight on the road and i try to avoid that situation as much as possible.

BXbomber11

I wonder what St Johns chaminade line will be

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BXbomber11 View Post
    I wonder what St Johns chaminade line will be
    i would think it has to be double digits, almost certain ill be on chaminade, they always play one of these games tough and it usually the other sucky team, they hung with unlv yesterday for a while, thin they can stay with johnnies most the game..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Im hoping to get CMU +2 first half vs Milwaukee. Im 0-2 backing milwaukee in the last 2 days by like a combined 4 points, and they do alot of good things, but just as many bad. They have been in b2b battles losing to murray by 3, and last night against the dukes in OT.

Keno Davis' squad also is 0-2, losing to a good weber team in the opener, followed by getting ran outta the gym last night by the hill toppers. I like the Chippewas to bounce back today and play well in the first 20 minutes against a game panthers squad who has to be more beat up both physically and emotionally. Keno has no depth so I just wanna back them 1h here for a unit as a dog, because like i said Milwaukee won't lay down.
    ive had my fill of this shit tourney and should have left well enough alone with waves day 1 and dukes 2nd half yesterday.. gave it back when waves fukked off down the stretch and backing cmu yesterday, you said yesterday how thin they were so im curious why you would want to back them on day 3 of a tourney?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I wanna see the rider/hou bap line... Houston Baptist is awful

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Also like so dak state to hand Cleve state.
    Jack rabbits got a nice squad this year

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Indiana can't cover a number against anyone this year....

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Wondering about ISU-TCU game... Not sure I like either

2daBank

uga so garbage, they gonna get to the ft line a ton but they shoot a gawd awful percentage. see that LK likes high point +9 and i tend to agree that the right side.

high point +9

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Tex A&M got a good team.. But this seems like a game Shaka smart wins more times than he loses...

KDF500
    Long time listener, first time caller
    KDF500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1117

I don't for sure. Staying far away from this unless the line suggests otherwise

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Go ahead and take toledo....

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    I like Rutgers 1st half +7 and 1st half ML +360 here...Clemson played really bad 1st halfs against Umass and Texas Southern
    makes sense. clemson have to damn near shut a team out to cover 7 in a half, lol..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Wondering about ISU-TCU game... Not sure I like either
    im a big fan of ise and their coach, as i mentioned yesterday i wouldnt lay those points against them in a tourney setting, they had terps on the ropes til the end. tcu was better than RI for much of that game yet managed to barely cover down the stretch cause they dont have any go to scorer with the injuries. id be very tempted to back illi st if they dogs.

1234 ... Last