TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Went to die like the Big East when it dropped football

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

OP I had similar reaction to u in last year

It's such a bizarre geographic mix too.

Seattle should be in a better conference.... Makes perfect sense for WCC both geographically and denominationally (I believe all WCC schools are... Were?). Apparently maybe gonzaga doesn't want it. Would also needa 2nd school added. Denver? But I don't think it's religious-affiliated any longer

Nothing to do with WCC or WAc, but Sac State and/or UC Sandiego would be good pickups for big west. Jayne sf state too

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Football schools left for the mountain west

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    OP I had similar reaction to u in last year

It's such a bizarre geographic mix too.

Seattle should be in a better conference.... Makes perfect sense for WCC both geographically and denominationally (I believe all WCC schools are... Were?). Apparently maybe gonzaga doesn't want it. Would also needa 2nd school added. Denver? But I don't think it's religious-affiliated any longer

Nothing to do with WCC or WAc, but Sac State and/or UC Sandiego would be good pickups for big west. Jayne sf state too
    I agree it seems like all of these teams need to be split up and put in their geographical conference/denominational conference.

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    I agree it seems like all of these teams need to be split up and put in their geographical conference/denominational conference.
    yes, it's a big remnant conference for now

not sure who would want some of them......... west coast area though seems like it could consolidate nicely. sacramento would be nice new market for big west (alot of LA schools). and seattle area would be huge pickup for big west or WCC. a new TV/recruiting market. as i said all WCC teams though are associated at least weakly with religion. have to check if pepperdine still is but i think so.

one thing that fascinates me is how many chicago universities there are but almost no one seems to care about any of them. i remember early to mid 80s when depaul was one of the nation's featured TV team...

combining 2 team ideas, you would think that seattle and kansas city should be able to support great mid-major programs... oops, i forgot about UW but still i think it makes sense.

gojetsgomoxies

yup, pepperdine is still "affiliated" with a church. not how strongly any of these WCC religious schools are (ex. BYU of course)

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

all about money

so many teams do not belong in big conferences either

The big boys want them to because easy wins