DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Big Time Bball Recruit Commits to MSU

ESPN's #8 High School prospect, Caleb Swanigan chose MSU over Duke, Cal or Purdue tonight. He tweeted 'Next year I will be going Michigan State University. Once a Spartan, always a Spartan'. He went on to say Tom Izzo is a great coach, he is a man of March.

Swanigan is 6'8" and around 280 lbs. He joins another McDonald's All American Deyonta Davis (6'9, 210ish) who has a 7'3" wingspan.

Also of note, West Virginia transfer guard Eron Harris has been practicing all season with MSU, and will be eligible to start the 2015-16 season with the Spartans.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Spartans will be good for the next couple years but these guys never stay so they don't really develop into dominant players

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Spartans will be good for the next couple years but these guys never stay so they don't really develop into dominant players
    May be true. The mix of two 1-and-dones, an experience transfer, a senior leader Valentine plus a deep bench makes MSU a very tough team especially come March.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

I know I'm coming off as a fanboy, getting excited for a sport who's season start is 7 months away, but this is really big news and rare for Michigan State to sign two top notch recruits like this.