Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

ND beat Duke and NC to win the ACC tourn and now they suck because they struggled a little bit in their first 2 games. Wich is tough but ND is more athletic and they don't play D like Butler. They don't have much size. I think the Irish win by 6

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Wow never seen a #7 favored over a #2 and now a #3.

The ACC champion a dog vs MVC?
    Witchita State is a cult team.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

ND had a bad game last week

Look for a strong effort this week

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

I dont k ow gold. That last ND game looked like 8 on 5 at times. I felt the refs bailed out ND (the driving guards in particular) way too often in the 2nd half.
    A lot of things happened in ND's favour that I just don't think are gonna happen vs. The Shockers.

I hope the line movement indicates what I am thinking right now & that's a huge overwhelming public following in ND but sadly I expect wichy will be closer to -3 by tip.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    I think if the boat is missed on two 7 seeds, then something is amiss.
    Mich st didnt even deserve a 7 seed. So they won 2 games in the tourney, shit happens. They are still a very mediocre team for Sparty standards.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Mich st didnt even deserve a 7 seed. So they won 2 games in the tourney, shit happens. They are still a very mediocre team for Sparty standards.
    hence why they are a 2-3 point favorite over a decent 3 seed in the Sweet 16. The jobbing Wichita State got was awful though. They were AT LEAST a 4 seed, more like a 3

FUqer
    FUqer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 861

I got Notre Dame by 2 and Oklahoma by 4.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    ND beat Duke and NC to win the ACC tourn and now they suck because they struggled a little bit in their first 2 games. Wich is tough but ND is more athletic and they don't play D like Butler. They don't have much size. I think the Irish win by 6
    The typical thought process of an average Joe. Those on ND will take them based on this angle which I think has some merit to it but you can't put all weight on that angle alone. Have to remember WICHY has guys that have proven the ability to win against bigger programs like PITT, ZAGS, OHST and nail biters vs LOUISVILLE and KENTUCKY. Last 2-3 years they've consistently beaten the pulp out of teams from the power 5 conferences so the angle with favoring ACC over MVC is an obvious but useless angle on this game. What I believe it will come down to is offensive execution and as much firepower as ND has WICHY is simply better on defensive side of the ball they don't take possessions off on that side of the ball like ND does.

CHUBNUT
    CHUBNUT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7628

The comments in this thread tell you the line is right, how come nobody has mentioned the total. Everything you read says ND and WS are weak on defense plus you have the OT in your favor. Over 137 might be a better bet.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Wichita State is not weak defensively, they are just not as good as last year. They are still 13th in defensive efficiency and 27th in effective field goal percentage allowed (NINTH in two-point defense) this year. The major slippage has been in three-point defense, but Shockers still do everything else well.

joeye
    joeye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

the line is -1, which is rarely a game you want to bet, unless its just for fun. witch is definitely playing better .

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Wichita State is not weak defensively, they are just not as good as last year. They are still 13th in defensive efficiency and 27th in effective field goal percentage allowed (NINTH in two-point defense) this year. The major slippage has been in three-point defense, but Shockers still do everything else well.
    Indiana lit up Wichita offensively and several teams gave Indiana problems offensively this year. I'm not sold on Wichita

CHUBNUT

Wichita State is not weak defensively, they are j

ust not as good as last year. They are still 13th in defensive efficiency and 27th in effective field goal percentage allowed (NINTH in two-point defense) this year. The major slippage has been in three-point defense, but Shockers still do everything else well.
    Oh my. So surfaces the statistical sufferer. When someone mentions slippage in a sports context and joined in 06, you have the bettors equivalent of a Walking dead walker. Same stats, same opinion, same outcome, no change. Watch this sail over lol

CHUBNUT

Quote Originally Posted by joeye View Post
    the line is -1, which is rarely a game you want to bet, unless its just for fun. witch is definitely playing better .
    If you believe that then you are stupid

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Withita State hottest team right now you have to bet witchita it makes no sense betting ND on a game thats basically a pickem i personally say take Withita or better yet just lay off theres better games.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

The one thing ND has going for it is Wichita St plays better fast - so does ND. The play is the over.

joeye
    joeye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Quote Originally Posted by CHUBNUT View Post
    If you believe that then you are stupid
    yeah me and the oddsmakers are stupid. But what we do know is this is a coin toss, otherwise the line would not be -1. A game that will hard to predict. If you cant find better odds than that, then I don't know what to tell you

LT Profits

Oh my. So surfaces the statistical sufferer. When someone mentions slippage in a sports context and joined in 06, you have the bettors equivalent of a Walking dead walker. Same stats, same opinion, same outcome, no change. Watch this sail over lol
    I have no opinion at all on the total, was just pointing out that calling the Wichita State defense "weak" is inaccurate. I am starting to lean more and more toward Shockers even at -1.5, still not sure if I will pull the trigger though.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Notre dame better odds to win the title, but an underdog in the game?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Notre dame better odds to win the title, but an underdog in the game?
    Probably means Notre Dame would be a smaller underdog vs. Kentucky than Wichita State, even though Wichita State is slight fave here? It's all about matchups.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

......-2 & climbing

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Notre Dame, but they havent impressed in the tourny yet. Wichita has one of the 5 best coaches in the country... not sure if ND's talent outweighs this or not. I think if you take Notre Dame +2 and the under, would be hard to lose them both.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    I like Notre Dame, but they havent impressed in the tourny yet. Wichita has one of the 5 best coaches in the country... not sure if ND's talent outweighs this or not. I think if you take Notre Dame +2 and the under, would be hard to lose them both.
    ;grrr:

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

The comments in this thread tell you the line is right, how come nobody has mentioned the total. Everything you read says ND and WS are weak on defense plus you have the OT in your favor. Over 137 might be a better bet.
    Both wichita and Nd can hold opponent to low 60 pts. Given neural court, stats would suggest under 138 is the play here but given JJ 's comment ND and Wichita as well may be improving in offense. I like Nd+ 2 and over.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    The one thing ND has going for it is Wichita St plays better fast - so does ND. The play is the over.
    Neither team plays fast.

mrlif1
    carrie got her period in the shower
    mrlif1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3555

Some food for thought. An emotional capping...

Wichita st got to finally play Kansas - a team accused of continually ducking them - and whooped there ass for 20 minutes. Must've felt great. 'Now we are closer to a rematch with kentucky' is the latest narrative hope from public. Perhaps a slight look ahead.

Notre dame wins in overtime thanks to a couple clutch 3's and a block in regulation as time expired. After the game the players find out - along with majority of country - breys mother had just passed. That wasn't even the 'win one for the coach' game. A little spiritual backing, and added emotion, usually bodes well.

Something to rally around, a close ones death, is not to be taken lightly. Boston marathon, Katrina, even dolphins head coach mom passing with San Diego in town. I'm sure there are anti-examples as well, duly noted....

ville was dog to popular north iowa pick, to the casual march madness gambler that was probably absurd. Notre dame has no reason to be overlooking Wichita st here, and has played a much better schedule all year. All the while maintaining a top 3 offense.

not gonna over think it, not gonna unload on it. But I think Irish at + money is a swell wager. My two cents.

Gl

TPowell

better team and better coach is Wichita. They should win this easily. Same goes for Michigan State. Oklahoma overachieved all year while Michigan State is finally healthy and peaking

That Dude Nate
    That Dude Nate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3892

Conference foe who could arguably be better than Wichita st N. Iowa was exposed last round bc of their poor sos and non conference schedule. Wichita st best non conference wins are memphis and tulsa. Beat a bubble Indiana team and a short handed Kansas team. Think ND wins by 4-5 here.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Nd bigger guards should cause some trouble for State's guards to score and defend.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    better team and better coach is Wichita. They should win this easily. Same goes for Michigan State. Oklahoma overachieved all year while Michigan State is finally healthy and peaking
    0-2

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    0-2
    good luck with that

LT Profits

I went ahead and bet Wichita State -2 +100. The juice free made it worth a shot IMO.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Kansas had a lid on the rim and Wichita was hot. Kansas didn't hustle. They didn't
    rebound well and were flat all game. That's why Wichita had no issues. It was less
    about them and more about Kansas. ND is a team that has no struggles scoring.
    I think they will put up over 70 points tonight. Wichita will be hard pressed to
    keep this within 1-2 possessions.. my prediction is ND by 6+

TPowell

I went ahead and bet Wichita State -2 +100. The juice free made it worth a shot IMO.
    I took -130 on the ML. Would have liked to have got -1 -110

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Irish light it up!

First 123 Last