GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

#1,#2, or #3 seed likely to go down?

I'm saying UVA gets all they can handle with Belmont. They should of gotten beat last year as a #1 to Coastal. UVA style of play allows teams to stick around which is a recipe disaster come Tourney Time. Wouldn't be Surprised if UAB gives Iowa State a game either.....a double digit dog is winning in the first round so who ya got?

KD Esq.
    KD Esq.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1186

EW over Gtown. Gtown has to travel almost 3,000 miles, they are playing in Portland, EW fan base will make it down from Washington. It will be like a home game. EW is going to run Gtown out of the gym, there style of play matches up perfectly to beat Gtown. There is a reason it opened at -9 and is down to -7.5

jmbrandt87
    jmbrandt87's Avatar Become A Pro!

Virginia and gonzaga going down their second game. Iowa making sweet sixteen along with Michigan state :-)

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by KD Esq. View Post
    EW over Gtown. Gtown has to travel almost 3,000 miles, they are playing in Portland, EW fan base will make it down from Washington. It will be like a home game. EW is going to run Gtown out of the gym, there style of play matches up perfectly to beat Gtown. There is a reason it opened at -9 and is down to -7.5
    Got them already locked in playing Stephen F Austin in the second round and winning that one too

KD Esq.
    KD Esq.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1186

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Got them already locked in playing Stephen F Austin in the second round and winning that one too
    There ya go! Then how about Wichita State over Kansas.

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Iowa State is not going to lose to UAB, Virgina will probably look ugly, but still win against Belmont and Nova will crush whoever they are playing. this isn't the region for upsets...

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by bob6199 View Post
    Iowa State is not going to lose to UAB, Virgina will probably look ugly, but still win against Belmont and Nova will crush whoever they are playing. this isn't the region for upsets...
    I got Nova and Kentucky in the finals

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Northeastern and Harvard have my attention. Doubt either wins though

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

might be worth it to parlay the 1 2 and 3 seeds on the ml this year. new mexico st appears to have the best chance to ruin one though to me, you didnt see anyone get good matchups teams like belmont and nd state probably should have been 13 or 14 seeds and get screwed, albany sucks should be a 16 seed

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by KD Esq. View Post
    There ya go! Then how about Wichita State over Kansas.
    I got Wichita but there gonna have their hands full with Indiana....I wanted to take Indiana but they just don't play good enough defense.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

good point about indiana, you saw what happens to teams who dont play defense just right now

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

if sfa would have drew any other 5 i would have them advancing in more brackets but even tho utes wernt great down the stretch they much better than a 5 imo, i think both teams got hosed here honestly..

of coarse i got gtown going down but i actually like the inevitable 12/13 round of 32 gm to be valpo vs buffalo

2daBank

I got Wichita but there gonna have their hands full with Indiana....I wanted to take Indiana but they just don't play good enough defense.
    i have shockers getting a rematch with uk, which of coarse they lose and it prob wont be as close since they have lost best front court player while uk added a few..ill take that coach, their guards, and playing with a chip and expect shockers to clear out the bottom half of that bracket.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    if sfa would have drew any other 5 i would have them advancing in more brackets but even tho utes wernt great down the stretch they much better than a 5 imo, i think both teams got hosed here honestly..

of coarse i got gtown going down but i actually like the inevitable 12/13 round of 32 gm to be valpo vs buffalo
    kills me cause terps been so good to me but i think valpo can play with them and lets face it no numbers support terps being as good as they have and vegas has hated them all year..most terps ppl i know thought they were a yr away before the start of the season so i kinda have the feeling the fresh tremble struggles and this time terps lose the type of close grind it out affair they have won all year (11-1 i believe in gms decided by 6 or less). biggest concern is wells a animal and he might not allow them to lose.

bob6199

Utah is not playing good at all, If SFA can get there shots to fall early, Utah is screwed.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

kills me cause terps been so good to me but i think valpo can play with them and lets face it no numbers support terps being as good as they have and vegas has hated them all year..most terps ppl i know thought they were a yr away before the start of the season so i kinda have the feeling the fresh tremble struggles and this time terps lose the type of close grind it out affair they have won all year (11-1 i believe in gms decided by 6 or less). biggest concern is wells a animal and he might not allow them to lose.
    I have the same feelings. I'll definitely be on valpo and buff spreads just not sure if I can take valpo over terps for my bracket

2daBank

Utah is not playing good at all, If SFA can get there shots to fall early, Utah is screwed.
    they havnt been playing well, they have also had some time off and it premature to assume they will continue not playing well. ive had this team as a boarderline top 10 most the season and just because they have struggled some doesnt mean they cant make a run, ive seen many a team be playing even worse than them coming in make runs.. i dont believe that wright is gonna let his team play like shit to end his career, id be vary wary of expecting them to continue playing poorly when we know they can play with pretty much anyone in the country. sfa got fukked with this draw, 1st off they shouldnt have been a 12 to begin with, secondly utes are way better than every 5 except the other team that got fukked (uni who should have been 1 of those 3s big 12 didnt deserve)..

i could be wrong maybe they continue to slide but i really doubt it with their stars being 2 upperclassmen.. imo everyone thinking puke has it made is really underselling the fact playing utah aint gonna be easy, they defend, have size, have legit star, if they crash and burn so be it but im riding them past duke in a few of my brackets.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

might be a no coin special friday take buffalo ml if it loses go with valpo ml

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

read alan bostons twitter rant about utah sfa game

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

I agree that the only double digit seeds I see getting to the sweet 16 are valpo and ole miss. Could be a couple first rounders like Davidson, UCLA, Texas, Dayton/Boise, and Ohio State.

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Virginia will crush Belmont....I don't see that game being close at all. Utah should be able to lock down SFA, but I thought VCU would last year as well. Who knows!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    read alan bostons twitter rant about utah sfa game
    ive never been to twitter in my life so this is all mine. ive heard he has been a great read but honestly dont know what he been saying since im not a twitter/facebook type guy, of coarse meaning im old. lol..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    might be a no coin special friday take buffalo ml if it loses go with valpo ml
    im sure im playing buffalo, most likely valpo with the points at least, hoping i can get 6.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Memento View Post
    Virginia will crush Belmont....I don't see that game being close at all. Utah should be able to lock down SFA, but I thought VCU would last year as well. Who knows!
    no uva wont. you crazy to lay that number. belmont can score from the perimeter which is what you need to do vs that d. uva still trying to figure things out with anderson playing with a fukkin splint on his hand. if we were talking about the real uva i would agree with you. uva right now is not a team i would lay 16 with and a team i think gets bounced in the round of 32..

sfa was a easy ass play last year, one of the reason it fukkin retarded they got given another fukking 12 seed. this gm wont be easy but again utes are a top 10 type team that is playing as a 5 seed cause the committee is stupid at best. i think utes get it done but i would have took sfa against 2 of the other 5s and several of the 4s and 3s the dumb fukk committee awarded to teams far crappier than utes or uni.
    Last edited by 2daBank; 03-17-15 at 11:39 PM.

incognitoh
    incognitoh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4202

Damn... I have this matchup (valpo vs. buff) in the first bracket I did... thought I would be the only one...lol.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by incognitoh View Post
    Damn... I have this matchup (valpo vs. buff) in the first bracket I did... thought I would be the only one...lol.
    if it makes ya feel any better im pretty fukkin smart, lol..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

no uva wont. you crazy to lay that number. belmont can score from the perimeter which is what you need to do vs that d. uva still trying to figure things out with anderson playing with a fukkin splint on his hand. if we were talking about the real uva i would agree with you. uva right now is not a team i would lay 16 with and a team i think gets bounced in the round of 32..

sfa was a easy ass play last year, one of the reason it fukkin retarded they got given another fukking 12 seed. this gm wont be easy but again utes are a top 10 type team that is playing as a 5 seed cause the committee is stupid at best. i think utes get it done but i would have took sfa against 2 of the other 5s and several of the 4s and 3s the dumb fukk committee awarded to teams far crappier than utes or uni.
    My problem with Utah (and I believe the selection committee's as well) is that they did absolutely nothing away from SLC.

bob6199

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    My problem with Utah (and I believe the selection committee's as well) is that they did absolutely nothing away from SLC.
    It;s why i'm fading them, they very well could get to the sweet sixteen, but i would truly be stunned if they made it past Duke, I'll be shell shocked.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    the selection committee's problem is they dont know a fukkin thing about basketball so not worth discussing any other problems they might have.. your point is fair enough, they did beat byu away, not saying that some big accomplishment but the selection committee obviously didnt mind the fact that ucla did less than nothing on the road or neutral. utes did take ku to the wire on the road and just barely got clipped at sdst. unlv not a bad road win, nothing special but other teams went to vegas and lost... all i know is they are really liberal with when they choose to use the "eye test", mostly whenever it convenient for their argument, so ill invoke it here, there no way that utes a 5 seed. do i exactly trust them? no, but they have way more potential than any of the other 5s cept uni who also got fukked..

2daBank

It;s why i'm fading them, they very well could get to the sweet sixteen, but i would truly be stunned if they made it past Duke, I'll be shell shocked.
    why? if they can get past sfa i think they will give puke everything they want. only reason im hesitant to put them past that gm in many brackets is cause they have to play the best 12 seed by a mile.

bob6199

the selection committee's problem is they dont know a fukkin thing about basketball so not worth discussing any other problems they might have.. your point is fair enough, they did beat byu away, not saying that some big accomplishment but the selection committee obviously didnt mind the fact that ucla did less than nothing on the road or neutral. utes did take ku to the wire on the road and just barely got clipped at sdst. unlv not a bad road win, nothing special but other teams went to vegas and lost... all i know is they are really liberal with when they choose to use the "eye test", mostly whenever it convenient for their argument, so ill invoke it here, there no way that utes a 5 seed. do i exactly trust them? no, but they have way more potential than any of the other 5s cept uni who also got fukked..
    what have they done recently on the road is more important as teams are different from the start of the year til now. Since the start of the new year they are 6-5 away from SLC and those 6 wins are USC(Sucks), ASU(SUCKS) Colorado(average), WSU(SUCKS), ORST(average), and Stanford on a neutral court in which Stanford completely forgot to play in the 2nd half. Not only that, in those wins in 3 of them they looked horrible, Duke has better players then Utah in general, and no way if they match up will they win. The only reason i think they can get to the sweet 16 is because GT blows as well and if they do get by SFA, they should probably beat EWU or GT, but that is where the run would end. They haven't looked good away from SLC for the last 2.5 months and it's a legit and good reason why people should and are fading them.

2daBank

what have they done recently on the road is more important as teams are different from the start of the year til now. Since the start of the new year they are 6-5 away from SLC and those 6 wins are USC(Sucks), ASU(SUCKS) Colorado(average), WSU(SUCKS), ORST(average), and Stanford on a neutral court in which Stanford completely forgot to play in the 2nd half. Not only that, in those wins in 3 of them they looked horrible, Duke has better players then Utah in general, and no way if they match up will they win. The only reason i think they can get to the sweet 16 is because GT blows as well and if they do get by SFA, they should probably beat EWU or GT, but that is where the run would end. They haven't looked good away from SLC for the last 2.5 months and it's a legit and good reason why people should and are fading them.
    i think ppl get way too caught up in what happened at the end of a long conf season. there a gang of teams i could point to over the years that ended in such bad fashion or worse then went on to make runs.. i prefer full season body of work and talent level. im glad everyone fading them cause that means i have a leg up in my bracket already. fade away..

GT21Megatron

UAB

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Lots of trendy upsets picks. A lot times its teams that no one talks about that are the most dangerous.

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Lots of trendy upsets picks. A lot times its teams that no one talks about that are the most dangerous.
    I do like Eastern Washington later and belmont tomorrow for the bigger upsets....of course Buffalo and Valpo are real trendy

12 Last