Billy Hunter
    Billy Hunter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

3/17 play in plays

Manhattan -9
    BYU -4

Definitely more confident in the Jaspers covering than I am BYU. Hampton will more than likely be without their best player, Meikle facing a tournament tested team in Manhattan. (played Louisville and hung around all game last year in 1st round) I think Manhattan rolls in this one.

The one time I watched BYU happened to be the night they went into Gonzaga and came out with a victory. That was their one and only signature win on the year which makes me a little leery. BYU was unfortunate last year when Collinsworth went down and they got blasted by Oregon 1st round. This year, he's healthy and surrounded by better shooters. I don't think it's farfetched at all to place BYU in the Sweet 16. Ole Miss is too inconsistent for my liking. I know they lost in overtime in Kentucky but UK was off for almost 2 weeks with their last win coming in the instate rival game @ Louisville. (typical letdown/rust spot) Give me BYU's prolific offense over a team that lost to woeful TCU and Western Kentucky on their home floor.

8-4 ytd

Yons18
    Yons18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

With Meikle being out, Manhattan has a greater chance at winning due to the fact that he's not just their leading scorer, but their leading rebounder which is what a team like Manhattan is more concerned with. They can handle scorers (ex. Iona) but where they're really going to be able to run over Hampton is on the boards and covert that into points in their favor. If Meikle was just a guy who scores and that's it then his absence wouldn't be that much of concern for me considering Hampton has three other guys in double digit PPG.

I am also a big BYU fan this year. I love classic college basketball style offense (early 90's Loyola-Marymount). So I think they can run the table on other fast paced teams that don't have as great of scorers as they do. Which Ole Miss sure as hell does not.

I like your two plays here and also intend on taking them myself. Also, I like the Over on BYU/Ole Miss at 157.5