Yons18
    Yons18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

UC Irvine +9

Probably going to catch a lot of heat but whatever, anyone else feel this? Harrell is going to have his hands full down low with the trees of Irvine and their lack of 3-point shooting plus Irvine's 39% behind the arc has me taking Irvine. Obviously a lot more to it than just those aspects, but right now I like this.

HeeluvaGuy
    HeeluvaGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3926

Back in November Irvine had a 3 point lead on Arizona at the half in McKale. Zona's obviously much better now, but that may give the Anteaters some confidence. Also shows that they have at least played some top flight competition. Will Davis vs. Harrell could be an interesting matchup.

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

I wanna go to this game in Seattlle, UC Irving +9

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

c'mon now fellas. 9 is not enough.
    at least wait for 10. your gonna need it.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    c'mon now fellas. 9 is not enough.
    at least wait for 10. your gonna need it.
    doubt it, ville is garbage and will be gone by the end of the weekend. wouldnt shock me if they lost here. that mutant down low for irvine will bother harrel with his length and as mentioned ville cant shoot fro the perimeter..

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    doubt it, ville is garbage and will be gone by the end of the weekend. wouldnt shock me if they lost here. that mutant down low for irvine will bother harrel with his length and as mentioned ville cant shoot fro the perimeter..
    the dude who is 7"6 is so slow and foul heavy, he won't be a concern for them, it's Will Davis who will scare them more down low.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Really like it. As banker already mentioned, Ville might have to hit some jumpers

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by bob6199 View Post
    the dude who is 7"6 is so slow and foul heavy, he won't be a concern for them, it's Will Davis who will scare them more down low.
    whatever you say boss. sure he will pick up some fouls but he also makes it incredibly tough to score down low and when he sits they have another monster that comes in. offensively davis has to be the guy but ive seen the mutant take several good bigs out of their gm.

Yons18

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    whatever you say boss. sure he will pick up some fouls but he also makes it incredibly tough to score down low and when he sits they have another monster that comes in. offensively davis has to be the guy but ive seen the mutant take several good bigs out of their gm.
    Exactly, they don't have just one monster to go down low and cause havoc, they have two. If you watched any game of theirs this season, teams got a lead because they were hitting threes or long jumpers. For example, Hawaii got up by like 13 the other night because they were raining threes. Then once they cooled down, Irvine charged back.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

It could also come down to the tempo of the game. Knowing Pitino he's not dumb enough to let this get into a half court type contest because of the 76 guy down low. I mean he's not incredibly nimble or anything. I don't think Pitino would let them get the ball inside that easy prob play the passing lanes aggressive. But they'll try to push tempo full court for sure to avoid too many half court sets that's Irvines tempo.

Yons18

Quote Originally Posted by ringemup View Post
    It could also come down to the tempo of the game. Knowing Pitino he's not dumb enough to let this get into a half court type contest because of the 76 guy down low. I mean he's not incredibly nimble or anything. I don't think Pitino would let them get the ball inside that easy prob play the passing lanes aggressive. But they'll try to push tempo full court for sure to avoid too many half court sets that's Irvines tempo.
    I agree. I think this is just a great matchup that no one is talking about on ESPN or whatever so it's going to be a fun one to watch.

Billy Hunter
    Billy Hunter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I think UC Irvine is a great play. Louisville struggles to score 60 points on a nightly basis. That's what happens when you only have 2 real scoring threats. Irvine +9? great value