frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Wyoming +7 and ML +235

I love this play. I watched both Northern Iowa and Wyoming in multiple games in their conference tournaments.

Both teams play the exact same slowdown style of basketball and good defense. Both teams are led by a talented, do everything big man.

With that being said, I think Wyoming is deeper and has slightly overall better players, especially at the guard position. I wasn't that impressed with UNI's wins over Loyola and Illinois State(two non-tourney teams). I was impressed with Wyoming's wins over tourney teams Boise State and San Diego State, even though they were close wins. Wyoming grinded out a win over San Diego State, a team similar to Northern Iowa, and probably about as good. San Diego State might be more athletic while Northern Iowa can score better.

These two teams are a mirror image, which is why its ridiculous that Wyoming is getting 7 points here. This game should be a pick'em. Wyoming lost Nance Jr. in February to an illness, their record would be better(and seed) if that didn't happen. At full strength Wyoming is a legitimately decent team.

Don't forget as well that this game is in Seattle. Wyoming fans will be in greater numbers, plus will win over the neutral fans(who always go for the underdog).

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Pass.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

UNI defense is much better, and they actually have an incredibly efficient offense, even tho they don't score a ton.

As you like to point out the best player on the floor will be Seth Tuttle.

tailingcuzisuck
    tailingcuzisuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

I like it. Larry nance jr is more athletic than Seth Tuttle. Wyoming has some decent guards too.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

may be a close game, but this Wyoming squad isn't even a very good 12 seed. UNI should win and control the game throughout

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Quote Originally Posted by tailingcuzisuck View Post
    I like it. Larry nance jr is more athletic than Seth Tuttle. Wyoming has some decent guards too.
    Tuttle is better then Nance and Wyo Only has 1 guard ONE, NI will beat them pretty soundly, Wyo isn't very good against good Defensive teams.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Tuttle is a top 10 player in the country all together. He's an amazing player

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

How many freaking useless threads can you create???

Yons18
    Yons18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

I think SDST proved how to beat Wyoming (literally only lost because they didn't start doing it until they were down by 14 in the MW Championship). Double team Nance, you will shut them down completely.

If Wyoming double teams Tuttle, UNI has an efficient enough offense to put the ball in the basketball and beat you. I don't see Wyoming winning in any situation here.

DavieVegas
    DavieVegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Ya, no one scores accept for nance jr and he gets minimal help by Josh adams. I dont see them beating NIU

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

With such a defensive battle, I like +7.

As a Mountain West guy, I don't like the ML at all.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by bob6199 View Post
    Tuttle is better then Nance and Wyo Only has 1 guard ONE, NI will beat them pretty soundly, Wyo isn't very good against good Defensive teams.
    They just beat San Diego State on a neutral floor

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by DavieVegas View Post
    Ya, no one scores accept for nance jr and he gets minimal help by Josh adams. I dont see them beating NIU
    Another person who doesn't watch games, Adams won the Boise State/San Diego State games for Wyoming to get them in the tourney

bob6199

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    They just beat San Diego State on a neutral floor
    SDSU is horrible, and Wyo barley beat them, the MWC as a whole is fade material in the tournament as it was weak this year. NIU is better then SDSU on all facets of the game, they might "cover" because NIU doesn't blow team away, but i'll be stunned if they win, easiest 5-12 match-up to predict.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Morons.

UNI = Northern Iowa

NIU = Northern Illinois (not in the big dance)

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

UNI is much better than SDSU and Boise from what I have seen.

bob6199

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Morons.

UNI = Northern Iowa

NIU = Northern Illinois (not in the big dance)
    Is it that important? I'll call them what i want to and NIU is easier, so i will be calling them that throughout the tourney.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by bob6199 View Post
    Is it that important? I'll call them what i want to and NIU is easier, so i will be calling them that throughout the tourney.
    I am going to do the same with Louisville

FUKU -8.5
    Points Awarded:

DOM_Toretto gave MoMoneyMoVaughn 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by tailingcuzisuck View Post
    i bet wyo all the way threw the mw tourney (on the ml),, nance aint half the player of tuttle and while wyo plays a similar style uni does everything better.. maybe wyo covers but i wouldnt count on it and they damn sure not winning..

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

Every year I see pairings on the bracket that I hate. This is one of them. I liked both these teams going in to do some damage and now only 1 can. This is a great matchup so I'd say take 7, can see Wyoming winning this coming out of MWC but do feel UNI slightly better overall

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pass

If I did bet blindly take dog

DavieVegas
    DavieVegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Another person who doesn't watch games, Adams won the Boise State/San Diego State games for Wyoming to get them in the tourney
    I actually watch all MWC games since Im a UNLV fan. Adams is not consistent. You see it game in and game out this year. Sorry to say. He had two better games which your referring too but he wont amount to anything vs NIU. Two good games means nothing over the course of the whole year. When Nance went down with mono, Adams couldnt score more then 12 a game and Wyoming looked like they wouldn't win another game. Wyoming is REALLY overrated. You will see this first round.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by cbiscuit View Post
    Every year I see pairings on the bracket that I hate. This is one of them. I liked both these teams going in to do some damage and now only 1 can. This is a great matchup so I'd say take 7, can see Wyoming winning this coming out of MWC but do feel UNI slightly better overall
    i agree it sux cause i would have liked to play wyo in the 1st round myself, especially if they were paired up with a team that prefers playing at a quicker pace, they could have grinded them to a halt and made them really uncomfortable as possessions against them are more valuable than others..unfortunately that the same gm that uni plays except uni does it way better as they incredibly more efficient on the offensive end, unlike wyo can knock down treys (wyo perimeter d isnt great either as they prefer defending the interior, that great against the sdst's of the world who cant shoot but if they go out of their way to limit tuttle uni has the shooters to make them pay), defend better as they defend the perimeter as well as the paint, and tuttle is twice the player of nance who anyone who has watched him knows has a limited gm which mostly consist of finishing around the rim.. ill probably pass cause it a big number to lay with a gm that gonna be played in the 50's to mid 60's tops. that said i think everyone knows that and they kinda begging you to take wyo, these guys waxed iowa on a neutral court (held them to less than 50 in that gm and id expect a similar offensive output from a wyo team who doesnt have the offense iowa does), beat shockers by 16 in the gm they won, and just covered this number vs a illi st team id argue is better than wyo..

Duke Fan
    Duke Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9801

Under 109?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Fan View Post
    Under 109?
    i guess if you told me i had to play the total. id prob consider 1st half more than gm because it so low and gotta think there be plenty of fouling at the end.. i really think uni gets into the 60s tho, prob low 60s which would mean they gotta hold wyo to around 45.. maybe wyo team total under which based off line id think is around 50-51?

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Wyoming was great coming back from their illnesses (and that was a good angle the last few weeks), but I'm fading them now. UNI rolls in this one, and might make a bit of a run in the tournament.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

everyone, even the big mush thinks wyoming is the sharp play. i'm going with northern iowa.

Lincoln Scofield
    Lincoln Scofield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Why the shit are we still discussing this game? Anchor this thread. Wyo don't stand a chance damnit. Stfu