Billy Hunter
    Billy Hunter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

3/15 play

Dayton +1

The better team is getting points here. VCU, clearly not the same team without Briante Weber, is somehow favored. Game opened at a pick em and now VCU's giving 1, 1.5 some places. I like Dayton a lot here. Hope everyone killed conference championship week. but the REAL fun begins next week...

7-2 ytd

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Damn, I was leaning the other way

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

agreed, i was pretty surprised by the line. my only concern with making this a really big play is even with 1 less gm than vcu this week i still worry about fatigue setting in for the flyers. they go what like 6 and a half deep and 3 of their guys log over 80% of the minutes? throw in they had to battle 1st against a really long bonnies team who gave them everything they had, then today played RI who i think the most physical defense in the conf, once again battling down to the wire. now they gotta deal with 40 minutes of havoc and while i think they a terrible matchup for vcu most the time when you fatigued turnovers against pressure certainly more likely.. i still like dayton but im less enthusiastic for that reason..

Yons18
    Yons18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    agreed, i was pretty surprised by the line. my only concern with making this a really big play is even with 1 less gm than vcu this week i still worry about fatigue setting in for the flyers. they go what like 6 and a half deep and 3 of their guys log over 80% of the minutes? throw in they had to battle 1st against a really long bonnies team who gave them everything they had, then today played RI who i think the most physical defense in the conf, once again battling down to the wire. now they gotta deal with 40 minutes of havoc and while i think they a terrible matchup for vcu most the time when you fatigued turnovers against pressure certainly more likely.. i still like dayton but im less enthusiastic for that reason..
    I love Dayton and they made me a lot of money this season, but I think VCU is a lock tomorrow. They tore up an undersized Davidson team today. Dayton is undersized and fatigued after already having played grinders against much bigger teams,

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Yons18 View Post
    I love Dayton and they made me a lot of money this season, but I think VCU is a lock tomorrow. They tore up an undersized Davidson team today. Dayton is undersized and fatigued after already having played grinders against much bigger teams,
    i think you selling dayton really short (haha).

seriously comparing them to davidson isnt real accurate imo,.

dayton plays defense which davidson doesnt really,

i think dayton more athletic than davidson,

flyers bigs can all handle the rock the length of the court better than most (honestly cant say if davidson 4 and 5 have that ability or not?),

flyers a battle tested group who i think are just simply much tougher minded, physically stronger, and coached better than davidson who quite honestly havnt beaten one legit team off of their floor all season.

not trying to knock davidson they been good to us all, but i think you giving vcu more credit than they should get for beating a team that is relatively young with no real experience in this type atmosphere being their 1st year in a good conference..

like i said i do worry about the flyers lack of depth and the fact they have had to battle a couple tough teams, that said even tho davidson was a cake walk today vcu has played 1 extra day and they did get a couple tough gms from richmond and lasalle. none the less i think the better team is the dog and more importantly that team is well equipped to deal with vcu's pressure as they did when they went to vcu and only turned it over 8 times in a W, if you can deal with havoc on rams court where they traditionally a nightmare i think you can handle it on a neutral..

all the fatigue concern does for me is make it a normal type play instead of a bigger one on dayton. if vcu continues shooting treys like they have the last 2 days so be it but i dont think for one minute that dayton is gonna allow them to run around and get a bunch of open looks. miller is a really good coach and his team plays smart ball, they gonna turn this into a grind it out affair because they have the adv in the half court on both ends..
    Last edited by 2daBank; 03-15-15 at 01:37 AM.

thecutter
    thecutter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

2 great coaches but (don't slaughter me) adv. Archie miller . Anyway Dayton is quick enough to break press. And as said above . Experienced team.

Yons18
    Yons18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i think you selling dayton really short (haha).

seriously comparing them to davidson isnt real accurate imo,.

dayton plays defense which davidson doesnt really,

i think dayton more athletic than davidson,

flyers bigs can all handle the rock the length of the court better than most (honestly cant say if davidson 4 and 5 have that ability or not?),

flyers a battle tested group who i think are just simply much tougher minded, physically stronger, and coached better than davidson who quite honestly havnt beaten one legit team off of their floor all season.

not trying to knock davidson they been good to us all, but i think you giving vcu more credit than they should get for beating a team that is relatively young with no real experience in this type atmosphere being their 1st year in a good conference..

like i said i do worry about the flyers lack of depth and the fact they have had to battle a couple tough teams, that said even tho davidson was a cake walk today vcu has played 1 extra day and they did get a couple tough gms from richmond and lasalle. none the less i think the better team is the dog and more importantly that team is well equipped to deal with vcu's pressure as they did when they went to vcu and only turned it over 8 times in a W, if you can deal with havoc on rams court where they traditionally a nightmare i think you can handle it on a neutral..

all the fatigue concern does for me is make it a normal type play instead of a bigger one on dayton. if vcu continues shooting treys like they have the last 2 days so be it but i dont think for one minute that dayton is gonna allow them to run around and get a bunch of open looks. miller is a really good coach and his team plays smart ball, they gonna turn this into a grind it out affair because they have the adv in the half court on both ends..
    I 100% agree with you but my gut for some reason is lying with VCU and maybe I'm completely wrong but I don't count Dayton out what so ever, but lately they've been keeping me on the edge of my seat because of their grinders that go back and forth so maybe I personally just don't feel comfortable backing them. Again, just personal opinion.

Billy Hunter
    Billy Hunter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

VCU was 7-1 with Weber on the floor. Without them? a pedestrian 5-5. As the UCONN Huskies have demonstrated in years past, the month of March is all about guard play. VCU is a shell of themselves without Weber. Give me Jordan Sibert and Schoochie Smith over anyone on VCU. Quite frankly, i think the public suffers from nostalgia and that's the only reason why the Rams are favored here. Over valued. I think this line goes back to pick em after the sharks start pounding the dog

2daBank

I 100% agree with you but my gut for some reason is lying with VCU and maybe I'm completely wrong but I don't count Dayton out what so ever, but lately they've been keeping me on the edge of my seat because of their grinders that go back and forth so maybe I personally just don't feel comfortable backing them. Again, just personal opinion.
    it could obviously go either way and im certainly not here saying it couldnt, early money seems to agree with you. if all things were equal i play flyers and heavy just like the 1st meeting @vcu, of coarse i imagine that the potential fatigue has a lot to do with how the line is moving as well, or just a overreaction to vcu waxing davidson (hell if i know). in a day with very few gms there no doubt im still playing dayton but for less than i would if circumstances were different.

i dont think you should let the recent grinders be an indictment (other than the fatigue angle and that so so hard to really know before seeing them on the court), RI is a really solid squad that prob just a yr away, hell i was prepared to back RI all the way thru the championship it just unfortunate they had to play dayton in the semis or i think they in this gm. bonnies played a unbelievable gm and are a team vcu didnt beat this season, they also executed at a incredibly high level in the half court during that gm.. most importantly for me is grinders are exactly the type of gm dayton is comfortable playing and i think this gm will be exactly that. when vcu isnt dictating tempo with the press their offense has tendency to get stagnant in the half court, richmond had them dead to rights for the 3rd time this season but vcu had 2 incredible spurts of treys and spiders let themselves get sped up in critical moments. richmond is a much closer resemblance to dayton than davidson is imo, only difference is dayton a little smaller more talented version..

would it shock me if vcu won? no, but i wasnt throwing around the "L" word, lol..at least one of us will win,, hopefully both teams play well and it a good gm.. gl either way..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Hunter View Post
    VCU was 7-1 with Weber on the floor. Without them? a pedestrian 5-5. As the UCONN Huskies have demonstrated in years past, the month of March is all about guard play. VCU is a shell of themselves without Weber. Give me Jordan Sibert and Schoochie Smith over anyone on VCU. Quite frankly, i think the public suffers from nostalgia and that's the only reason why the Rams are favored here. Over valued. I think this line goes back to pick em after the sharks start pounding the dog
    doesnt hurt that they just smoked everyone's fav team either..

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

The public did not move the line yet.......... The early line movement indicates others.....public comes in three to four hours before tip off

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Pin Fish View Post
    The public did not move the line yet.......... The early line movement indicates others.....public comes in three to four hours before tip off
    im pretty confident im "public" and i bet overnights almost every night where i see lines i think will move or im simply happy at current number. surely lots of ppl do dont ya think?

Pin Fish

It takes money to move lines this much this early no disrespect are you dropping 10g's on a game?

Pin Fish

btw.......... pic am not betting that amount........;-))

Pin Fish

I am not......... Betting that amount

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

I bought a point and booked Dayton +3 risking 3.77u to win 2.90u big play for me. BOL.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Pin Fish View Post
    It takes money to move lines this much this early no disrespect are you dropping 10g's on a game?
    fuk no. lol.. where the hell can you get down 10 g's on ncaa hoops overnights if i wanted to(which i dont)? pretty sure it doesnt take that much to move them (maybe this time of year, i dunno).

that wasnt my point tho, certainly wasnt implying im moving a line.. all im curious about is i hear far too often these times when "the public" allegedly makes their bets and i really dont get who not public and what makes you think just anyone doesnt bet overnights? while i understand the logic of when certain ppl bet gms i think that is really outdated thinking.. there just no way (i think anyway) for me to know or care to make assumptions about who moved that line and somehow i should fear this unknown gambler/gamblers?