Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Stony Brook in early game today

They have the conference player of the year and defensive player of the year in the same person: Jameel Warney. This guy is a train waiting to wreck your life and hopes, with 8 double-doubles in his past 10 games. He hung 20 points on Albany when they meet 4 weeks ago in Albany. Stony Brook won the game 59-56 an snapped Albany's 14-game win streak. Now these teams match up in a revenge spot for Stony, who got bounced last year by Albany in the championship game and lost their big dance chance. SB has been to the conf championship game four of the last five years and failed to advance to the big tourney. Motivation edge today to finally get it done.

Albany's gym is sold out today for this ESPN2 frenzy. Expect Albany to get up by double digits. That's no problem for Stony Brook. They were down by 16 in their last game and still won to advance to this one (they beat Vermont on Vermont's own court). They were down by 13 to Washington earlier this year and still shocked the PAC-12 power that was ranked #10 at the time, actually winning the game in Washington. This team is relentless and never gives up, and the reason why is because they out-rebound their opponents. They have second-best rebound margin in the entire nation!

Buying half a point cause of Albany's home court advantage, but I think Stony wins this SU due to motivation and heart, and a future NBA-er Warney. Albany is 0-3 ATS at home this year (0-4 overall) and Stony Brook is 4-1 ATS overall.

STONY BROOK +3

Name:  warney.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  8.8 KB
    Last edited by Machine Choice; 03-14-15 at 06:56 AM.

PREMOSIX
    PREMOSIX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2483

Ualbany is my pick...home crowd ready to make the dance

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

stony brook is very offensively challenge,,,you can have the best rebounder, best defense but you cant win if you cant put the ball in the basket.. this game is like last nights Irvine vs ucsb, where Irvine has a slightly better shooters.. watching this game, sb doing exactly same this as UCSB did last night,

thecutter
    thecutter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

You were right about warney showing up he started slow and still basically landed a 1h double double . Solid player

Machine Choice

Warney did enough....

thecutter
    thecutter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

Wack, was rooting for
    S.b in same spot in my living room last year and these stupid looking kids with fake beards do it again

Machine Choice

Yeah, the money's nice but I wish they could have won SU. I wanted them to go to the tournament for once, even though they would have met up with a Villanova type in round 1 and got smoked.

chosen4th
    chosen4th's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

I had Albany on the ML.. almost crapped myself at the end.. They were outplayed like crazy 90% of the game. Some bad FT misses, and sloppy turnovers for SB at the end of the game.