ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Northeastern ML+110 7ET

CAA final takes place as NE and WM battle it out for the right to advance to the NCAA tourney. They split 2 meeting on the yr holding serve on their home floor. Wan does hold a 3-1 h2h record the last 2 years.

WM comes in off a double-OT game against Hofstra in which they had to rally multiple times and won on a last-gasp 3 by Dixon. It required a 37 pt night from Thorton the conf. Player of yr.. NE on the other hand got a well-balanced effort in a game in which they took control and pulled away late for the W vs NCW.

Looking at both games this yr WM won at home as they shot well over 50% and forced NE into 14 TOs. In the rematch NE handled business shooting almost 60% from the field and not losing the TO battle as well as being aggressive attacking the basket by drawing 14 fouls to only 8 for WM.

The stat that jumps out is NE having out rebounded WM by almost double digits in both games and esp on the offensive glass. In the first game NE was ice cold and did not convert those opportunities. However on a neutral floor second chances are a killer. WM also hit 18 3s total in both games and yet got blown out in the game that they dialed 12 long balls. Obviously the formula is simple for WM hit the long ball and win the TO battle.

Way I see it I know a dramatic W like the one WM had last night can carry a team to greater things but I think NE wants it just as bad and still has a few scores to settle from last yrs sweep. It's clear that NE has the size inside and rebounding to create problems for WM and I expect NE to use thst to their advantage. WM could be suffering from heavy legs after a grueling game and I don't expect them to shoot nearly as well from the field. That being said I like NE to attack inside and move the ball around like they've been doing all tourney and try to get this game to their tempo in the 70s or so and I see them winning against a gassed WM team. Bank the Huskies here.

davidg123
    davidg123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

I like it! I got NE at +1.5 (-105)! Let's do it!

ringemup

Quote Originally Posted by davidg123 View Post
    I like it! I got NE at +1.5 (-105)! Let's do it!
    60/40 toward WM public fade a good option at this number as well.

ringemup

Championship game will up the ante raise the stakes a bit.

Shalack4
    Shalack4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

On it, but taking the pts. GL man!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

ringemup

Quote Originally Posted by Shalack4 View Post
    On it, but taking the pts. GL man!
    :cheers:

BadLuckSanta
    BadLuckSanta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19889

great job breaking this game down

ringemup

Adding MANH +4 like the Jaspers to play a tight one these guys know each other so well again double revenge in play and Manhattan has been here and knows how to play in big situations.

ringemup

Quote Originally Posted by BadLuckSanta View Post
    great job breaking this game down
    Thanks and congrats. Man they put on a show tonight.

ringemup

ringemup

Small play SJ pucks.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Great call and nice preview read

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by ringemup View Post
    CAA final takes place as NE and WM battle it out for the right to advance to the NCAA tourney. They split 2 meeting on the yr holding serve on their home floor. Wan does hold a 3-1 h2h record the last 2 years.

WM comes in off a double-OT game against Hofstra in which they had to rally multiple times and won on a last-gasp 3 by Dixon. It required a 37 pt night from Thorton the conf. Player of yr.. NE on the other hand got a well-balanced effort in a game in which they took control and pulled away late for the W vs NCW.

Looking at both games this yr WM won at home as they shot well over 50% and forced NE into 14 TOs. In the rematch NE handled business shooting almost 60% from the field and not losing the TO battle as well as being aggressive attacking the basket by drawing 14 fouls to only 8 for WM.

The stat that jumps out is NE having out rebounded WM by almost double digits in both games and esp on the offensive glass. In the first game NE was ice cold and did not convert those opportunities. However on a neutral floor second chances are a killer. WM also hit 18 3s total in both games and yet got blown out in the game that they dialed 12 long balls. Obviously the formula is simple for WM hit the long ball and win the TO battle.

Way I see it I know a dramatic W like the one WM had last night can carry a team to greater things but I think NE wants it just as bad and still has a few scores to settle from last yrs sweep. It's clear that NE has the size inside and rebounding to create problems for WM and I expect NE to use thst to their advantage. WM could be suffering from heavy legs after a grueling game and I don't expect them to shoot nearly as well from the field. That being said I like NE to attack inside and move the ball around like they've been doing all tourney and try to get this game to their tempo in the 70s or so and I see them winning against a gassed WM team. Bank the Huskies here.

Great write up, great break down, great post, and you deserve your payoff.

Well done, well done indeed.

ringemup

Congrats let's keep it hot while it lasts.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shalack4
    Shalack4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Thanks for the play man!