davidg123
    davidg123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

What Do Y'all Think For Northeastern-W&M?

I am leaning towards Northeastern, but can't decide if it's better than the Pelicans...hmm...

davidg123
    davidg123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Don't trust Pelicans on road, playing three games in four nights. Northeastern is my selection.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

CAA final takes place as NE and WM battle it out for the right to advance to the NCAA tourney. They split 2 meeting on the yr holding serve on their home floor. WM does hold a 3-1 h2h record the last 2 years.

WM comes in off a double-OT game against Hofstra in which they had to rally multiple times and won on a last-gasp 3 by Dixon. It required a 37 pt night from Thorton the conf. Player of yr.. NE on the other hand got a well-balanced effort in a game in which they took control and pulled away late for the W vs NCW.

Looking at both games this yr WM won at home as they shot well over 50% and forced NE into 14 TOs. In the rematch NE handled business shooting almost 60% from the field and not losing the TO battle as well as being aggressive attacking the basket by drawing 14 fouls to only 8 for WM.

The stat that jumps out is NE having out rebounded WM by almost double digits in both games and esp on the offensive glass. In the first game NE was ice cold and did not convert those opportunities. However on a neutral floor second chances are a killer. WM also hit 18 3s total in both games and yet got blown out in the game that they dialed 12 long balls. Obviously the formula is simple for WM hit the long ball and win the TO battle.

Way I see it I know a dramatic W like the one WM had last night can carry a team to greater things but I think NE wants it just as bad and still has a few scores to settle from last yrs sweep. It's clear that NE has the size inside and rebounding to create problems for WM and I expect NE to use thst to their advantage. WM could be suffering from heavy legs after a grueling game and I don't expect them to shoot nearly as well from the field. That being said I like NE to attack inside and move the ball around like they've been doing all tourney and try to get this game to their tempo in the 70s or so and I see them winning against a gassed WM team. Bank the Huskies here.

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Liked the under @ 140