DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

LOOK AHEAD to Saturday 2/28 NCAAB Card

You know the deal. Last week I made a thread on Friday, guessed lines for Saturday games, we all previewed games and discussed lines as they finally came out. Saturday rolls around and our homework was already done, I went undefeated over here on standard plays, and I came one Kansas basket away from sweeping a 7-team ATS parlay.

UNC @ Miami
    UNC is highly overrated IMO, they've lost to 8 top 50 RPI teams, and while Miami is not longer up there, they have beaten NC St, @Duke, and came close to beating Virginia, ND, Louisville. Miamis back is against the wall and anything +2.5 or higher is great value here.

Wichita State -4 vs UNI
    Revenge spot at home for the shockers. Shouldn't be more than 5pt favs but I like them to win here.

CMU -10 @ N. Illinois
    Central Michigan is hot, and their potent offense travels. They're playing their way into the big dance and I'll lay single digits in a heartbeat against a shitty northern Illinois team.

Arkansas +14 @ Kentucky
    Bobby Portis just sounds like a big boy name, and he sure is a big body. Arkansas has been playing well on the road as of lately. They've beaten UK before, and they're the right mix to topple this giant: all offense and zero defense. If Qualls and Bell can hit the 3 they got a chance to win. Anything over 12 points and I'm taking the points.

BYU & Gonzaga
    I'd lay single digits with the zags, but more importantly anything around 145 and I'll take the over. Two teams that like to score score score. And BYU plays zero defense.

Xavier +5 vs Villanova
    I love this nova team and I think they can and will make a deep run in March. But they gotta hiccup sometime, and it might as well be against the best offense and best home court in the BEast; Xavier. I like X to play a close game and perhaps get the W.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

I can predict these lines easy:

UNC -1.5

Wichita -2.5

C Mich -4.5

Kentucky -16.5

Gonzaga -12.5

Nova -2.5

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

I wouldn't go against nova they are +3000 to win it all,
    line predictions
    Gonzaga +10.5
    Baylor -3.5
    Arkansas +14 looks spot on
    Northern Illinois+7 these guys are playing close games on the road and coming off road victory
    and C Michigan is at home playing their best ball.

I agree UNC is overrated because it says tarheels on the jersey
    I also Like the shockers at around -5

Plays I'm looking at
    Morehead St -5 this team is 2-0 ats for me this week vs weak division teams and has another weak division opponent Jacksoville St.
    Jacksonville St. has been playing well but just played on the road thursday and has trouble scoring on the road.
    Morehead St. is a good offensive balanced scoring team.

South Dakota St. -6 was impressed by SD St. Watching them play. Unimpressed with South Dakota

Denver +5 This team can shoot,and plays team offense, was 0-2 against them this week

Now that the early lines came out here are plays I lean towards
    IUPUI -3 Very Strong Last home game and already beat omaha by 5 on the road earlier this year.
    Saint Marys -5.5 Very Strong Santa Clara is weak should be a blowout Favorite Play
    UC Davis +1 Cal Poly CalPoly to weak a team to be even favored
    Southern Miss +11
    Last edited by xdodger19; 02-27-15 at 03:57 PM.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Close... But the goal is not to be the best line guesser. Goal is to make unadulterated opinions early and compare to the lines given.

Early lines are now up:

Xavier is +2
    Miamis is +2
    Wichita State is -7
    Arkansas is +17

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

holy cow,, give me some uni+7 all day. guess i missed that number. played uni+6.. imo they just the better team and shockers havnt found a way to properly replace Early on the inside, tuttle will abuse them once again. i think uni wins but either way i believe it comes down to the final possession..
    Points Awarded:

terrortwylight gave 2daBank 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    holy cow,, give me some uni+7 all day. guess i missed that number. played uni+6.. imo they just the better team and shockers havnt found a way to properly replace Early on the inside, tuttle will abuse them once again. i think uni wins but either way i believe it comes down to the final possession..
    I agree 7 is high (I was thinking 4) but I don't think UNI wins here. If Wichita can do something about Tuttle, they have similar defensive skills but generally much better offensive efficiency than UNI. At home, if Baker and VanVleet can hit their shots, plus crowd going nuts, maybe getting close calls, Wichita state should win, setting up the rematch in the conf tourney championship (eerily similar to the old Creighton/Wichita matchup).

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Eddie, LT, Chip, THam, Mo, Bear, Sox, L'kid, James...... Check in guys.

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Northern Iowa + 7 this team is way too good to lay7 and they have only lost two games all season. If the shockers win it will be by like 3.

chipshipley
    chipshipley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1028

Dom i am stuck bad right now -4dimes double what i was stuck last week every fawkin week i get buried until saturday i need a big saturday like I've had the past two weeks. Going to look at the card a bit now.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by chipshipley View Post
    Dom i am stuck bad right now -4dimes double what i was stuck last week every fawkin week i get buried until saturday i need a big saturday like I've had the past two weeks. Going to look at the card a bit now.
    Don't sweat it, we'll get you outta that hole tomorrow. No all-ins or anything crazy, just another big Saturday like you said.

chipshipley

Initial leans for me, not much studying done

UCF-2
    vs ECU

Maryland-9 vs mich

FSU+4.5 vs lou

VMI-4 vs Samford

I see the line @ UNI +6 and my first instinct is to take the points but Uni is going to have trouble scoring i think, and Wichy will be pumped up @ home for this one. I could see Wichy by 2-5 or also by like 12 tough to call

LSU-4 vs ole miss

E WASH -7 vs Montana St

Iowa -4.5 @ PSU

DAVIDSON 1H HUGE
    and game -7.5 vs GW first half of this game could be a big bailout play for me like 1 or 2 dimes

Syr +14.5 @ Duke

CMU -4 @ NIU LARGE

Boise st +7 @ SDSU

UNLV -2.5 vs WYO

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Iowa is not a team I would trust there bro ^

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

CMU -4 @ N Illinois seems like a slam dunk. They don't even belong on the same court. I was willing to lay 10 lol.

Boise state is getting 7pts at SDSU... Seems juicy. They rained down 3s and beat the Aztecs handily a few weeks back. Their offense mixed with Aztecs defense... Even tho aztecs can finally make a basket lately I just don't see them winning by a large margin. Boise has a knack for losing these types of games by 5 or less.

Utah -1.5 vs Arizona seems very interesting. Wildcats spanked the Utes in zona. Lots of people will be allllll over zona here. Are the Utes the sharp play? They're certainly much better at home than on the road...

blumpkin
    blumpkin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5754

any ideas of what the total will be for arky/kentucky??

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    Iowa is not a team I would trust there bro ^
    You're right. So unreliable. They could win by double digits OR lose by double digits and neither would surprise me. I can't put my money on the Hawkeyes anymore.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    CMU -4 @ N Illinois seems like a slam dunk. They don't even belong on the same court. I was willing to lay 10 lol.

Boise state is getting 7pts at SDSU... Seems juicy. They rained down 3s and beat the Aztecs handily a few weeks back. Their offense mixed with Aztecs defense... Even tho aztecs can finally make a basket lately I just don't see them winning by a large margin. Boise has a knack for losing these types of games by 5 or less.

Utah -1.5 vs Arizona seems very interesting. Wildcats spanked the Utes in zona. Lots of people will be allllll over zona here. Are the Utes the sharp play? They're certainly much better at home than on the road...
    central michigan will b my biggest bet in quite a while. also love utah tomorrow, i figured line would be around 3 or so, gonna play the ml fairly big

red12sox
    red12sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Boise is awfully tempting as well as northern iowa...

chipshipley

N illinois has been playing better lately

GHSCREW
    Where did Kemba Go?
    GHSCREW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Central Michigan looks tempting. Chip made a good point on N Illinois, as they killed my Toledo pick a couple nights ago. Don't see how its only 4 though, should be around 7-8. Taking CMU
    Villanova -2.5 @ Xavier. Xavier plays good ball but Villanova is on pace for that 4th #1 seed and I feel get it done in Ohio

mcdonae101

Quote Originally Posted by GHSCREW View Post
    Central Michigan looks tempting. Chip made a good point on N Illinois, as they killed my Toledo pick a couple nights ago. Don't see how its only 4 though, should be around 7-8. Taking CMU
    Villanova -2.5 @ Xavier. Xavier plays good ball but Villanova is on pace for that 4th #1 seed and I feel get it done in Ohio
    nova moneyline will b around -135 or so, that seems like a must bet

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

DAYTON is +7 @ VCU....that's the head scratcher line on the entire borad for tomorrow.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Yo Dom.

Lines that stick out to me are definitely UNI. I think theyre experienced enough to hang at wichy.

I think UGA spanks Mizzou. Mizzou super hyped off of win against Florida.

DePaul looks.... ok.

Oklahoma at the crib

Cincy has no business laying 6.5 on the road.

UMass after performing poorly at home should get some redemption.

Idk if i can fade SJSU again or not.. Nevada is so up and down. But 14 is not alot against that team.

Like davidson and ST Joes.

rattlemonkey
    rattlemonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 647

I like fsu +4, nc state -5 and miami fl +1 so far...

dawgs777
    dawgs777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1606

nc state -5
    g town -1.5
    VMI -4
    northern Iowa +5.5
    Oakland +8
    v tech +20
    uc davis +3
    Washington PK

dawgs777
    dawgs777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1606

add UL Monroe -5

mcdonae101

starting the day pounding nc state for half and game

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

What up dom. Haven't looked at much yet. Browsed through tomorrow's card just 2 secs ago to see anything that caught my eye. I'm with u on miami and X. I also like Utah. I think byu hangs closer than the 12. I'll stay away from UK game but you would think ark can stay closer than the 15. The wich st game I think the line is gonna be right on. Think wich st wins that at home by 4-6. So I would prob take the points if anything. I think Baylor handles wv and I think Iowa st will put k state back to earth. Georgia prob win big. North Texas been hot lately, and they are good at home. Penn st plays physically tough at home but they need another scorer or 3 for me to bet them with confidence.

I'm not sold on anything quite yet but my early leans for my top three plays would probably be Utah, Baylor and north Texas. I'm up big for the week right now so I'm not pressing like the last 2 weeks. Haha, although the last 2 Saturdays like yourself I had great days. I'm probably gonna relax the rest of the night and be up early tomorrow looking for only a few strong plays.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Eddie, LT, Chip, THam, Mo, Bear, Sox, L'kid, James...... Check in guys.
    Bear? which bear??

On a side note what do you think of Utah -1'5?

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    Bear? which bear??

On a side note what do you think of Utah -1'5?
    Edit: Just saw your post about Utah

bobtoma
    bobtoma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Wichia State that is lotta points..

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Liking uri and evansville ..up early to get the low #s

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Clemson - 4

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Fsu/ville under 126

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

ST johns
    LaSalle
    Miami
    Wichita
    Xavier

red12sox
    red12sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

What is everyone's take on the maryland/michigan game? I'm strongly considering Michigan +8.5, they are very well rested and I could see spike having a big day.

12 Last