greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

why is seton hall +16 vs villanova

Seton hall just beat them last game. Did someone got injured for hall?

V4Value
    V4Value's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 400

No. but line is a bit too high imo, system has it at 13.5-14.5

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Since the win v Villanova, Seton Hall has gone 3-8 including some poor showings against the bottom of the Big East.

Villanova possess blowout potential especially at home. Line seems to big but I will not be betting this game

greypimps

The last game they play seem like nova was having a hard time scoring.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by greypimps View Post
    The last game they play seem like nova was having a hard time scoring.
    nova played a miserable gm all around, only thing they did well was get on the offensive glass, they certainly had enough chances with all the bricks! they have had a few poor shooting performances on the road and this was def one of them. the fact the only shot 57% from the charity stripe leads me to believe the trouble they had scoring wasnt necessarily hall's doing. sh has allowed conf opponents to shoot better than 53% from inside the arc yet nova couldnt even sniff 40%. nova turned it over more than their avg as well and it not like sh creates turnovers typically. ochefu dominated the paint and the glass, hilliard did his part but was in foul trouble, take away his 3-6 from 3 and the rest of the team went 2-18. sh perimeter d been good but i just dont see that happening in nova's house..

dont get me wrong, it a huge spread. im certainly not looking to lay that number. just pointing out how wrong things went for nova that night, they also fell behind 17-3 to start the gm, yet were still leading by 4 with 8 min to go before losing in ot.. it real easy to see nova flip the turnovers, continue to at least hold their own on the glass, once again get a handful more trips to the ft line, and this time actually shoot around their avg and win this game pretty big. lets also not forget SH was actually playing good ball at the time and have proceeded to stink up the joint for the last month and a half.. it almost always dog or pass when we start talking numbers this big so this a easy pass..

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Losing last meeting could be part of reason why this line is so big. Revenge factor for the much better team. I am not betting Nova, just adding more reasoning.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by V4Value View Post
    No. but line is a bit too high imo, system has it at 13.5-14.5
    Exactly, based on raw numbers, then add a slight bump for revenge and line makes sense.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

@Banker or LT any thoughts on G-Tech? Looks like public burial in making. Tech with a losing record -2.5/3 vs Tigs with a winning record and coming off a blowout at Vols. Nice letdown spot for Clemmy?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    @Banker or LT any thoughts on G-Tech? Looks like public burial in making. Tech with a losing record -2.5/3 vs Tigs with a winning record and coming off a blowout at Vols. Nice letdown spot for Clemmy?
    For me it is Clemson or pass. And Clemson comes of a home blowout of Virginia Tech, so not a letdown spot.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Ahh crap ur right was going off top of my head. Guess it was Lsu that spanked Vols my bad. Thanks for insight LT this one just kind of jumped as a weird "trap" line similar to unranked faves over ranked teams given the record disparity. Trying to focus more on kid ball this wk with nba off.

2daBank

Ahh crap ur right was going off top of my head. Guess it was Lsu that spanked Vols my bad. Thanks for insight LT this one just kind of jumped as a weird "trap" line similar to unranked faves over ranked teams given the record disparity. Trying to focus more on kid ball this wk with nba off.
    i wouldnt even have known the record discrepancy if you didnt bring it up.. id have said i think they pretty close, neither can hit the broad side of a freaking barn. clem defense is little better, tech prob little better on the glass. i guess if you made me id take the dog cause i think tigers will do a better job forcing tech to take jumpers, after that it will just be a matter of whether they can control the defensive glass. that and the 3 points you getting prob equates to 5 in other gms. i wouldnt think clem has the same kind of appeal as a ranked dog but hell if i know what these ppl are thinking. all that crossed my mind when i saw this gm was "that gonna be one ugly ass gm!", no interest trying to figure that one out..

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Haha I hear ya Banker. Just one of those that jumped at me with Clemmy sitting at 15-10 and coming off a Sat blowout. Vs a 11-14 Tech squad coming off a loss. Lotta movement in that gm the pub slamming Tigers yet books have moved to 3 across the board looks like. Total has risen drastically from opener as well.

I'm kind of a situation spot guy more than anything it works in nba anyhow and this one looked funky. Thanks Banker always appreciate your knowledge.

2daBank

Haha I hear ya Banker. Just one of those that jumped at me with Clemmy sitting at 15-10 and coming off a Sat blowout. Vs a 11-14 Tech squad coming off a loss. Lotta movement in that gm the pub slamming Tigers yet books have moved to 3 across the board looks like. Total has risen drastically from opener as well.

I'm kind of a situation spot guy more than anything it works in nba anyhow and this one looked funky. Thanks Banker always appreciate your knowledge.
    oh it gonna be funky, the gm that is.. why the hell the total on the rise beats the shit out of me. maybe just cause low ass totals tend to get bet up i guess. i dunno, i wouldnt bet the over. seems like a gm where 55 could very well win it, to me anyways..

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    oh it gonna be funky, the gm that is.. why the hell the total on the rise beats the shit out of me. maybe just cause low ass totals tend to get bet up i guess. i dunno, i wouldnt bet the over. seems like a gm where 55 could very well win it, to me anyways..
    I actually like the OVER at 116.5, I think total is TOO deflated. Ga Tech conference games are averaging 127.0 points, and while I get that Clemson conference games only average 117.5, that is STILL good enough here (barely), and in an expected close game, late fouling could help too.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I actually like the OVER at 116.5, I think total is TOO deflated. Ga Tech conference games are averaging 127.0 points, and while I get that Clemson conference games only average 117.5, that is STILL good enough here (barely), and in an expected close game, late fouling could help too.
    yea im not playing it either way,, has the feel of one of those gms that gets over one way or another. late fouling, hell ot wouldnt surprise me, or for some inexplicable reason they both learn to shoot and it flies over..

RPK2004
    RPK2004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

You also have to remember that Jaren Sina left the team last week. Saturday was their first game without him and they put up a hell of an effort against Providence, still coming up short. Rumor has it that Whitehead is the cause of a ton of friction internally in the Hall program right now and the reason for Sina's departure.

In my opinion, this is similar to the 'injury' play where you play ON the team in their first game without a key player and against them in their second game w/out said player. I think Hall gave everything they had for the W on Sat and still fell short. They are running into a buzz saw tonight in Nova, at home (where their D is stellar) w/ revenge on their mind. You also have to remember that Hall also knocked Nova out of the Big East tourney last year, giving them a current 2 game winning streak against the CAts.

Large number, but I definitely wouldn't play on the Pirates in this spot.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Whitehead and Gibbs butting heads...

Tons of friction in locker room. Its nova or nothing.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Nova for me.

greypimps

Hmm might have to cancel bet now

RPK2004
    RPK2004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Quote Originally Posted by greypimps View Post
    Hmm might have to cancel bet now
    I would ride with it. Honestly, if both teams play to their potential, the number is too big. Vegas knows all of the above info as well and its factored into the line. It's just a very suspect number for a conference game like this.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Nova for me.
    Easy win.

Seton Hall is a wreck right now.

greypimps

Lucky i double down on nova...

2daBank