PhilTheTHRILL
    PhilTheTHRILL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Early Leans for President's Day CBB

I love Butler tomorrow to win easily in an angry game after their Villanova loss.

Also, Kansas -2 and Pitt +13.

What do you guys think? Let's get some early discussion since the games for tonight are no longer bet worthy.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

I like butler to cover 3 at Creighton. Butler shot awful the first game and still won by 3.

I actually lean West Va to beat Kansas.

Haven't looked into the pitt game but that looks like an awfully big spread after Virginia's 1pt win at home

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

W/o looking closely the butler line seems pretty short. Dunno how I wont be on them.,

W/o actually looking I have no clue on wvu/ku..have to actually look at that 1.

Again havnt looked but so far uva lines havnt adjusted to Anderson loss properly so pit or nothing..

PhilTheTHRILL
    PhilTheTHRILL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Thanks for the input gents

2daBank

obviously dont know the total on ku/wvu yet but if it anywhere less or at KP number of 147 ill be on the over and not worry bout a side. seems like that gm has the potential to have a lot of possessions and ku gonna score on wvu when they break the press, wvu should beat ku on the offensive boards to get theirs plus they prob win the turnover battle as long as they can just keep away from unforced turnovers cause ku doesnt force a ton.. both teams will most likely shoot a good number of fts. last but not least zones are what is causing wvu problems and there not much chance ku gonna play zone. think both teams could be hovering round 80..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    I like butler to cover 3 at Creighton. Butler shot awful the first game and still won by 3.

I actually lean West Va to beat Kansas.

Haven't looked into the pitt game but that looks like an awfully big spread after Virginia's 1pt win at home
    my only concerns, butler got to the line way more, 16-24 butler to jays 10 of 13..butler does better job getting to the line but jays dont commit a ton of fouls so you would think that discrepancy at least much smaller if not flipped in jays house.. id expect butler to win the turnover battle again but prob not by the numbers of the 1st meeting where jays turned it over a ton.. same with rebounding, obviously edge goes to butler and we would expect them to rebound a higher clip of their misses but i wouldnt think jays allow them to snag 37% of their misses again..lastly i dont exactly love the fact that butler has played 1 road gm in the last month, a gm they got taken to ot by a marq team that isnt any better than creighton..

i simply didnt have that many concerns about hoosiers against minny today so i question how much i really like it. obviously not as much but maybe butler might be worth a smaller play.. while i think it pretty likely the lopsided amount of possessions butler enjoyed will diminish i also think it very unlikely they shoot 20% from behind the arc and a meager 40% from 2 against a poor creighton d and jays will prob not shoot as well.
    Last edited by 2daBank; 02-16-15 at 12:36 AM.

2daBank

im taking some pit+12.5,, dont think that number gonna stick, im certainly no line move expert but id imagine pit will be on a lot of ppl cards and i could see that dropping another point or 2. maybe i change my mind later and get out with small middle chance, not likely but do think this the best of it.. like i said uva lines have been high since anderson went out, pit actually playing pretty well and look to be making a push to get in the dance, much bigger gm for them and uva hasnt figured out life w/o anderson yet. pit played right around this number at puke and at ville. i think this gm be tighter than those. pit did manage to play 2 close gms against these guys last year as well, ugly as shit and neither was at uva (1 in pit, other neutral conf tourney, both 3 point gms).

this is pits last chance for a quality impressive win before conf tourney and their out of conf schedule isnt impressing anyone. ive never subscribed to betting the team just cause they need the win this time of yr but when that team has been coming on strong, they facing a team still figuring things out from losing a important player, and catching a bunch of points it seems like the right side to me.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    my only concerns, butler got to the line way more, 16-24 butler to jays 10 of 13..butler does better job getting to the line but jays dont commit a ton of fouls so you would think that discrepancy at least much smaller if not flipped in jays house.. id expect butler to win the turnover battle again but prob not by the numbers of the 1st meeting where jays turned it over a ton.. same with rebounding, obviously edge goes to butler and we would expect them to rebound a higher clip of their misses but i wouldnt think jays allow them to snag 37% of their misses again..lastly i dont exactly love the fact that butler has played 1 road gm in the last month, a gm they got taken to ot by a marq team that isnt any better than creighton..

i simply didnt have that many concerns about hoosiers against minny today so i question how much i really like it. obviously not as much but maybe butler might be worth a smaller play.. while i think it pretty likely the lopsided amount of possessions butler enjoyed will diminish i also think it very unlikely they shoot 20% from behind the arc and a meager 40% from 2 against a poor creighton d and jays will prob not shoot as well.
    didnt realize chrabascz broke his hand during the nova gm,, that hurts butler. he had 13 points the 1st meeting, far more importantly they really dont have much depth, size, or experience behind him at the 4. most jays 4s are stick figures that have taken more treys than 2s so i dunno that they can take adv? they certainly can throw a little height at the position that butler cant match.. think the more i look the more it a pass for me..