No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

2-11 hoops discussion

Was going to post these in my thread, but figured I'd open the dialogue for tomorrow's big card. A ton of games and a lot of them stick out to me. I'm already looking at Providence and Illinois State as potential big plays.

Providence +4.5 vs. Villanova
    Illinois State +7.5 at Northern Iowa
    LaSalle +8.5 at VCU
    UMass +3 at St. Bonaventure
    Boston College +1.5 vs. Syracuse
    Wake Forest +1.5 vs. Miami (Fla.)
    St. Joseph's +2 vs. Rhode Island

Thoughts?

Yazworm91
    Live betting is the Devil
    Yazworm91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1353

Umass stood out. Would like to see it even move to 3.5. Look forward to seeing the total. The under might be a play.

chinoloco212
    chinoloco212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I like Providence and La Salle,

What you think about Virginia vs NC State +8, I'm looking at that one, Virginia loses their best shooter, and probably athlete (brogdon is up there), plus they dont have many possessions, and NC State plays the top tier teams tough at home, should be a close game, I think im unloading on that one might even throw some on the ML

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

been playing provo most the year it seems. big gm for them, if you throw out the beatdown nova gave them at home last year the majority of these gms been tight last several years including double ot in provo last season.. my concern would be that the last 4 gms or so provo has started allowing teams to shoot above their avg from 3, defending the perimeter was and should be a strength of theirs as they have length all over and have done a good job running teams off the 3 until recently. .they need to get back to contesting those shots cause we know nova aint shy bout shooting it(damn near 47% of their shots been treys in conf), on the bright side nova hasnt shot nearly as well on the road of late..

on the other side provo gonna have to impose their will on the offensive glass, plain and simple. they not scaring anyone from long range so the only weapon they really have against teams zoning them up is to make them pay on the glass. no reason they shouldnt win in that area, nova really doesnt have the horses to deal with provo's length. after ochefu there not much else down low to deal with them, if he sits for any amount of time it asking a lot of pinkston to handle cleaning up the defensive glass.

provo+4.5 for me. nova's 3 point percentage on the road been way lower, pretty bad every gm outside of johnnies and they have a history of shooting well at msg..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: No coincidences

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by chinoloco212 View Post

What you think about Virginia vs NC State +8, I'm looking at that one, Virginia loses their best shooter, and probably athlete (brogdon is up there), plus they dont have many possessions, and NC State plays the top tier teams tough at home, should be a close game, I think im unloading on that one might even throw some on the ML
    ncst seems like a good play. if i recall correctly they shot really well and had uva on the ropes majority of the gm before crumbling last 8 minutes the 1st meeting at uva... not sure if brogdon is their best shooter but losing him does put more pressure on anderson to make shots and him and perrantes to create..

chinoloco212

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    ncst seems like a good play. if i recall correctly they shot really well and had uva on the ropes majority of the gm before crumbling last 8 minutes the 1st meeting at uva... not sure if brogdon is their best shooter but losing him does put more pressure on anderson to make shots and him and perrantes to create..
    LOL anderson is actually the one out, I meant to say anderson is their best shooter, but it puts pressure on others to make shots, they might make some but i don't think they cover this one

2daBank

with thorton back im back on the uga bandwagon,, i just think they the better team here. AM hasnt had many tough teams come to their gym, up until thorton went down uga had played tough on the road, w/o him they just too thin up front and it showed getting creamed at s.car. outside of that loss without their best player i think this team has played really well. have a feeling uga bout to run off 4-5 straight and will give uk everything they want when they visit athens in a couple weeks.. give me the better team catching the points..

2daBank

LOL anderson is actually the one out, I meant to say anderson is their best shooter, but it puts pressure on others to make shots, they might make some but i don't think they cover this one
    oh shit,, you had me thinking it was brogdon too, i guess that what happens with this new schedule im trying going to sleep early then waking up and giving myself 3 hours in morning before work, lol.. yea well in that case their best shooter is gone..hard to say who more important but either way it gonna be a adjustment as one of uva's strengths is their athletic wings who can shoot and both are bout 25% of the offense .

chinoloco212

oh shit,, you had me thinking it was brogdon too, i guess that what happens with this new schedule im trying going to sleep early then waking up and giving myself 3 hours in morning before work, lol.. yea well in that case their best shooter is gone..hard to say who more important but either way it gonna be a adjustment as one of uva's strengths is their athletic wings who can shoot and both are bout 25% of the offense .
    exactly, im going pretty big on this game, so I hope it pulls through, with a sprinkle on the ML! LETS GO

2daBank

lasalle scares me just cause ive watched them a couple times now and that price kid is damn near the whole offense and he can be erratic. dude a pit bull, he attacks ill give him that but it aint the prettiest thing to watch and sometimes it looks like he doesnt even know where he going when he puts his head down.. wright and zach should be able t do work down low and on the offensive glass. really comes down to whether price can stay under control and not turn it over a bunch. vcu will struggle to score on lasalle in the half court but so did umass and lasalle let them off the hook a ton with poor decisions allowing umass to get out in transition. the bright side of that is when lasalle breaks the press it will give them some desperately needed easy looks as well.. the points are very tempting and only way i would play it..

2daBank

given how the season started and way i liked maryland cant believe im saying this but ya gotta be crazy to lay 6 with them right now.. i know hoosiers a different team on the road but look what terps have done the last month, granted they have won their 2 home games but we talking barely getting by psu and NW, not covering the number against either... off the iowa ass whipping it not really a great spot to fade them but they really playing shit ball..

2daBank

ya'll know i love uni, think only other gm ive been against them all year was the 1st meeting at illi st.. catching 7.5 here is enough for me to take illi st again. they have a little bit of size they can throw at uni and they really dont have a answer for it.. i think this gm is gonna be another battle. so much so that illi st got caught looking at this gm and let themselves get beat by siu the last time out while uni was smashing yet another victim. this their last test till they square back off with shockers to win conf reg season at end of the month. uni will pull it out but i think this a 1-2 possession gm.

2daBank

just noticed illi st on your list too NC,, dunno if it a good thing or not but so far ive been in agreement with everything you have listed.

2daBank

well this new strategy of waking up early to get card done has resulted in lot of plays today, lol..so far im on.

uga+3.5
    illi st+7.5
    lasalle+8.5
    ncst+8
    provo+4.5

we shall see how it goes with line moves but dont have the luxury of sitting around and seeing, dont want to come in from work and have lost the number and pass like i did lsu. happy with all those where they currently are, no idea where the lines will go tho.

2daBank

well this new strategy of waking up early to get card done has resulted in lot of plays today, lol..so far im on.

uga+3.5
    illi st+7.5
    lasalle+8.5
    ncst+8
    provo+4.5

we shall see how it goes with line moves but dont have the luxury of sitting around and seeing, dont want to come in from work and have lost the number and pass like i did lsu. happy with all those where they currently are, no idea where the lines will go tho.
    adding.

indy st+16.5.. havnt went against shockers since the uni gm and havnt taken a big spread against them in seems like longer. feels like good gm to get back at it, simply too many points. sycamores not siu/drake/bradly, ya know a bottom feeder. they being lined like it here and i dont agree. they can shoot so like normally they have a punchers chance to hang around. 16' in a gm that gonna have limited possessions, getting a team that puts a lineup out there where 1-5 can hit a 3 , and a team that has hung way within this number against uni twice this season already makes for a decent play...

2daBank

i need a fav or 2, lol.. johnnies are tempting but i dunno if i can lay that number with them? depaul made 8 freaking 2 point baskets in the meeting in depaul they won in ot! 8! if they chucking up 30 3 pointers again it could get ugly..

2daBank

i need a fav or 2, lol.. johnnies are tempting but i dunno if i can lay that number with them? depaul made 8 freaking 2 point baskets in the meeting in depaul they won in ot! 8! if they chucking up 30 3 pointers again it could get ugly..
    wvu looks like another potential beat down. they need a bounce back gm and who better than a k-st team who's back to being the shit team ive said they were since nov. they tried to make a little push once conf play began but bottom line is they just not that good and now playing that way again., wvu could clean a lot of stuff up from that gm in manhatten, they do that and this one should be over early.. hate numbers this high in both cases tho..

2daBank

damn,, couple you guys got to get on board with my new schedule,, was hoping to have little discussion before i left for work! at least now i can come home and dont have to rush to try and cap the card,, might still make a play or 2 on games i rather see where the line goes but wont be scrambling this way look forward to seeing where everyone else at later.. ya'll enjoy your day

2daBank

even tho i think they a bad idea doing several teaser combinations with johnnies/wvu/osu/boise/ and lebron.. mixes of 4 point 2 teamers/ 8 point 3 teams/ and 4.5 point with 3-4. lol.. gotta go ..

ta34pack
    ta34pack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I'm rolling with road teams IPFW -1.5 and Wyoming +11. Last night Providence jumped out at me but I'm gonna pass on that one. GL

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Like NC State, but why +8 given Anderson's out? I figured it would be +5.5 or so.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

ya'll know i love uni, think only other gm ive been against them all year was the 1st meeting at illi st.. catching 7.5 here is enough for me to take illi st again. they have a little bit of size they can throw at uni and they really dont have a answer for it.. i think this gm is gonna be another battle. so much so that illi st got caught looking at this gm and let themselves get beat by siu the last time out while uni was smashing yet another victim. this their last test till they square back off with shockers to win conf reg season at end of the month. uni will pull it out but i think this a 1-2 possession gm.
    I actually think the Redbirds might pull this one out.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

uga+3.5
    illi st+7.5
    lasalle+8.5
    ncst+8
    provo+4.5

Love your plays. Like you said, not sure if that's a good thing or not. LOL.

Yazworm91
    Live betting is the Devil
    Yazworm91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1353

Am I the only one that likes penn st +12? I wanted to see the total in the umass game and I likr the u137 as well.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Davidson 1H?

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Maryland -5
    NC State +8
    Provo +5(-120)
    VCU -8 (-120)
    davidson 1st half minus whatever
    Davidson game -11

more then likely will be playing BC but gonna wait and see where the line goes. 5-1 day yesterday losing the Marquette game which I should of known better and bought out with Carlino out. The USC/Oregon game could get a play for me also....

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Davidson 1H covered in all games except 1 and pushed 1 I believe this season.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

i know it's hard to take PC even at home over Villanova, but consider the only reasons
    they lost at X after having a lead is
    1) coach Cooley had to go to the hospital 2 mins into the 2nd Half
    surely this weighed on players minds
    2) Dunn was still limited mins

Knamelis
    Knamelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8283

UGA +5 on my end here...anyone see a reason for the movement?

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    i know it's hard to take PC even at home over Villanova, but consider the only reasons
    they lost at X after having a lead is
    1) coach Cooley had to go to the hospital 2 mins into the 2nd Half
    surely this weighed on players minds
    2) Dunn was still limited mins
    Lol, why is it hard? PC is a solid squad all around, esp. at home.

chipshipley
    chipshipley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1028

Which one of these teams loses straight up? I think UNI may be in a close one but i don't think they will lose at home. Any thoughts on this? Like Dislike? I don't do many ML parlays

WagerType:PARLAY (4 TEAMS)
    Date: Team:
    Feb 11 NBA [717] G.S. WARRIORS -525
    Feb 11 CBB [732] VA COMMONWEALTH -415
    Feb 11 CBB [768] NORTHERN IOWA -320
    Feb 11 CBB [780] BOISE STATE -470
    Risking 500 USD To Win 676 USD

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by Knamelis View Post
    UGA +5 on my end here...anyone see a reason for the movement?
    79% of bets on a&m

bobtoma
    bobtoma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Like WVU

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

UMass ML

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

A lot of good dogs today. At first glance NCST looked good, but think line is high for a reason. Really no reason for them to open at +8 without their leading scorer.

123 Last