TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Helpful Hint

Louisville currently around +8.5 at Virginia tomorrow. This line is ridiculous. Most don't factor in how well Louisville shoots the basketball on the road. I can't really divulge too much, but lets just say that the team doesn't have a clear head at home. Anyways, Louisville makes enough shots to AT LEAST keep this game close throughout.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Louisville very similar DNA to UNC. I expect a very similar outcome of what Virginia did to UNC.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Louisville very similar DNA to UNC. I expect a very similar outcome of what Virginia did to UNC.
    are you serious lol? UL is so far ahead of UNC defensively it isn't even funny

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    are you serious lol? UL is so far ahead of UNC defensively it isn't even funny
    Yes you're right. The way they run their offenses are very similar though. Both poor shooting teams, rely on offensive boards, can't make perimeter shots.
    Hoos D is better than the Cards, offense is better too. Hoos length allows them to grab defensive boards and limit opponents' O-rebounds. Hoos defense clogs the interior lanes and prevents teams like UNC/ Louisville/ Zona/ etc. from getting to the basket. If you can't stretch them out it is very difficult to penetrate.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

One more thing. UL lost at home to UK by 8, because they couldn't penetrate the interior D well and were limited on offensive boards. Line is spot on for a game on the road vs a very similar Virginia squad. FWIW, I capped it this morning at Virginia-8 and like that side to cover. Good luck though.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

What did you think it would be? Virginia was favored over Duke by 5-6.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    One more thing. UL lost at home to UK by 8, because they couldn't penetrate the interior D well and were limited on offensive boards. Line is spot on for a game on the road vs a very similar Virginia squad. FWIW, I capped it this morning at Virginia-8 and like that side to cover. Good luck though.
    Louisville lost that game because they couldn't throw it in the ocean. We had plenty of open looks that just didn't go in

POTVINSUX
    POTVINSUX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

Louisville currently around +8.5 at Virginia tomorrow. This line is ridiculous. Most don't factor in how well Louisville shoots the basketball on the road. I can't really divulge too much, but lets just say that the team doesn't have a clear head at home. Anyways, Louisville makes enough shots to AT LEAST keep this game close throughout.
    I agree!

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

good luck but needing and watching Lou to sink balls is torture.
    no play

TPowell

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Nice (lucky?) cover. A win is a win.

I chickened out ATS, but hit a ML parlay of Virginia and Kentucky @ -150.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Unreal, bumping this when Louisville was absolutely dominated and not even close to covering for about 90% of the game.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Unreal, bumping this when Louisville was absolutely dominated and not even close to covering for about 90% of the game.
    The game was a virtual deadlock outside of a period where Louisville went scoreless. Minus that stretch, Louisville probably wins the game. You realize the BIGGEST lead UVA ever had was 13 points right? And that lasted like a minute and it was back down to 9. The line was obviously too high.

infinite wisdom
    infinite wisdom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4955

Louisville was 4-21 from the floor in the first half. is that the period of time/stretch you were referring to?

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

The game was a virtual deadlock outside of a period where Louisville went scoreless. Minus that stretch, Louisville probably wins the game. You realize the BIGGEST lead UVA ever had was 13 points right? And that lasted like a minute and it was back down to 9. The line was obviously too high.
    That "stretch" was roughly 25% of the game dude...

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    That "stretch" was roughly 25% of the game dude...
    looks like a winner and smells like a winner..... it's a winner rooster_eater!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Yeah. That was a very lucky cover.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Yeah. That was a very lucky cover.
    From the 3:52 mark of the first half until the 6:11 mark in the second half, they were down by more than 8 points, then from 4:44 until 2:09, they were down by at least 8 points again. That's basically half the game (and that includes the opening minutes). Plus, he said "most don't factor in how well Louisville shoots the basketball on the road." They scored 47 points, made 37% of their FGs and 21% of their threes.

BigDofBA

From the 3:52 mark of the first half until the 6:11 mark in the second half, they were down by more than 8 points, then from 4:44 until 2:09, they were down by at least 8 points again. That's basically half the game (and that includes the opening minutes). Plus, he said "most don't factor in how well Louisville shoots the basketball on the road." They scored 47 points, made 37% of their FGs and 21% of their threes.
    Everytime I've watched Lville this year their offense has been horrible. I think I even saw Pitino say that they struggle to score.

Lville has been a great program on all sports but the OP is being a homer. They're not that great this year. By that, I mean they're not on Virginia or Kentucky's level.

Hispaniola
    Hispaniola's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Y'all leanin' Connecticut Women -13?

TPowell

that isn't right at all. No clue where you got that garbage. We were within striking distance all game

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

that isn't right at all. No clue where you got that garbage. We were within striking distance all game
    Umm, from the play by play and the box score?

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

striking distance of the spread and nothing more. lets not get it all twisted..

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    striking distance of the spread and nothing more. lets not get it all twisted..
    Correct. They didn't cover the spread the entire game and were very fortunate to do so in the end. Zero arguing that

BigDofBA

Most don't factor in how well Louisville shoots the basketball on the road
    Lville covered, so I'm not trying to pile on here but their shooting has not been impressive in the games I watched.

13 points at halftime?

Didn't crack 50 in this game?

That's bad.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Lville covered, so I'm not trying to pile on here but their shooting has not been impressive in the games I watched.

13 points at halftime?

Didn't crack 50 in this game?

That's bad.
    Their offense is nothing short of atrocious.

Pitino and their D make them competitive. That's it.