THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

sunday fun day hoops discussion

I think uconn starts the day early covering over usf... usf is a bad ball club.

I kinda like st jonnies to cover 1st half. Think eventually their lack of depth hurts them.

I dont know about the butler seton hall game... never know if hall wants to show up. Think 7 too many pts for butler to cover though.

Can nc state slow down notre dame??? I think they may be able to.

Utah loves to embarass teams at home. -12.5 seems a little modest to be honest.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i figured id be on johnnies when i saw this gm on the schedule like a month ago. ive changed my mind, not only have they looked bad but puke also started playing lot of zone in the ville gm (rarely recall coach k teams playing much zone). have you seen johnnies pathetic attempt at running a offense vs zones? im sure you have, just saying it fukkin ugly. maybe the fact lavin gonna have seen them zoning up on tape he will get his team prepared for it? kinda seems like a stretch tho cause at this point they should have already been prepared and clearly they are not. not sure why everyone wouldnt zone these clowns till they prove they can handle it rather than looking like the bunch of confused retards they have been.

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

I like Indiana +8.5 against Ohio State
    Duke -6
    Notre Dame -1.5
    Maryland -13

bobtoma
    bobtoma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Duke probably

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jimminn View Post
    I like Indiana +8.5 against Ohio State
    Duke -6
    Notre Dame -1.5
    Maryland -13
    im not gonna play duke, just pass on what i thought was gonna be a good bet on johnnies. wouldnt surprise me at all if they looked a lot better today.. im assuming this one gotta be at msg right? if so it outta be a great atmosphere and maybe this be what johnnies need. i still believe they a pretty good team despite the fact when they see a zone it looks like they all playing their 1st year of organized ball! greene and harrison gonna have to make shots, they both been in some serious funks. as bad as johnnies can be offensively i think they are at times very good defensively, i would think they pack it in with a lot of zone as well and prevent okafor from beating them. puke doesnt exactly have a lot of guys knocking down treys at a high clip and id expect they prob shoot below their averages in the garden.. no way im doing a total 180 from looking forward to betting johnnies to actually playing puke now that the day has arrived just cause johnnies been going thru a bit of a rough patch. they still talented and this gm has way bigger implications for them than puke i would think.

red12sox
    red12sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Indiana, duke, and pitt are my initial leans

2daBank

hoosiers one of those really sexy dogs that i hate. dont get me wrong doesnt mean they wont cash, this last week was filled with very similar type dogs cashing at a high clip. of coarse that may even be all the more reason not to bite on indy today? they did get waxed by 20 in east lancing in a very similar type lined gm i believe.

in yesterdays thread i posted this but dont think anyone ever responded, unless they did so after i went out. gonna re-post it here

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    any1 ever track what a team that favs over team that whipped them 1st meetings record looks like. i know it used to do pretty well but i havnt kept track of in some time.. only reason i ask is cause i find it a little strange money trust kst enough to push that line up. not that i like okie lite either, i dont think all that much of them really.
    i used to really like this angle but as mentioned i havnt been tracking it last couple of years. id assume it is most likely not something that would send you to the poor house anyway.. even tho im not huge on the whole "sharp/square" thing, or bet percentages, and i despise the "trap" word. i still think these situations something you gotta really pay attention to, especially when the 1st gm was either really lopsided or in this case when the spread really high (anything over 7 to me is bout the number for a couple reasons).

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Anyone rollin the dice with fairfield?

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

All you johnnies backers, watch out for Duke. The one thing we know for sure is that Duke kids will be trying their heart out to get Coach K his 1,000th win on national TV at MSG.

As for Indiana, I'm a little scared as it seems almost too easy. Kind of what I thought when I took Iowa with 10pts at Wisconsin then got blown the f out.

chipshipley
    chipshipley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1028

i definitely think duke has a good chance to pull away in this one why not get coach k his 1000th win in the garden on national tv

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    All you johnnies backers, watch out for Duke. The one thing we know for sure is that Duke kids will be trying their heart out to get Coach K his 1,000th win on national TV at MSG.

As for Indiana, I'm a little scared as it seems almost too easy. Kind of what I thought when I took Iowa with 10pts at Wisconsin then got blown the f out.
    im flat out passing on puke/johnnies side (under is appealing to me for a lot of reasons).. while im sure you are correct im not real convinced that any more likely to translate into success or tight jump shooters against johnnies zone? tough to say, it feels like a lot more pressure than college kids typically deal with. i mean a new team wins the championship every year, you only get a legend his 1000th win once in a lifetime. i honestly forgot bout the whole milestone thing when i 1st posted this morning, then i got in the car and that all i heard..so far as me saying in earlier post "this gm means more to johnnies cause they need the resume boost pretty bad", ill say that probably not the case now that i been reminded of the coach K thing..

i do think the under makes a ton of sense from a x's and o's standpoint and also because of the magnitude of the gm..doesnt hurt it at the garden either, a place with a rep as not having the most friendly of rims.. both teams gonna zone up and force outside shots.. johnnies so called shooters are in one of the many prolonged slumps they have had this yr, i hate the "due" logic but it getting to the point you gotta think harrison and greene (who both have track records of reasonable if somewhat streaky success) are bound to knock some shots down.. no matter how bad dukies want it, and i have no doubt they will run thru a wall to get coach this W, that generally doesnt translate into efficient offense.

2daBank

you guys ever watched nfl network pregame where the guys all make the crazy over the top predictions on something crazy to happen in one of the gms that generally is never right?

well i got 1 for this morning, just keep in mind i know it outrageous and almost 0 chance of happening, but here it goes.

puke loses next 3 games all on road as the story follows them around and the pressure mounts. if they screw around and lose today that becomes a real possibility as they playing very good teams who probably dont wanna be remembered for that.. then all is forgiven as they decide it was better to get him the milestone at home in front of their fans. (far as being on national tv, i would suspect every gm will be on until they get the W. i guess it wont be cbs but who the fukk doesnt have espn these days?)

Knamelis
    Knamelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8283

Bank, I think you bring up a great point - I dont think this is the game to fade Duke - but Wednesday at ND...woodshed.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

I think uconn covers early...

Banker i know you wont lay those pts

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post

Think i gotta pass tho. Uconn has burnt me

2daBank

especially in that early of a start man.. and if im gonna lay that kind of wood you gotta give me a team like the zags or someone who can light it up a little. not some slow tempo ass ucon team that can count the amount of games they reached 70+ on one hand..

2daBank

off topic but have any of you guys seen movie: "The Wedding Ringer" starring Kevin hart? me and the wifey went with some friends last night, i was shocked how funny it was. i mean i figured it be ok but got way more than i suspected. the few movies ive seen with hart as the lead person i mean they were mildly amusing i guess, wouldnt have been happy if id have shelled out the money and sat thru any of them at the theater tho. he was awesome in this one, woulda never guessed id be laughing from jump all the way till bout maybe 10-15 minutes left where it started to drag a little bit, not bad tho and definitely well worth seeing if you into getting baked and watching a funny ass movie..

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

im gonna take virginia.

Alot of pts but v tech hss no answer

red12sox

im gonna take virginia.

Alot of pts but v tech hss no answer
    Is va techs leading scorer back?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by red12sox View Post
    Is va techs leading scorer back?
    Nope

Heandog
    Heandog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Love the input from both you guys But is it Possible for Banker to make your own thread is gets a little confusing on who you are playing because you are jumping from thread to thread ,, You give great advice on the games because you actually know what your talking about and thanks for the input Thanks and Good Luck guys

red12sox

Northern iowa anyone?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Northern iowa anyone?
    Was just looking at it....

Not sure why they are getting a point now. Their 6-1 ATS on road... i likw ill state but dont think they match up well here

2daBank

puke/johnnies un 142/1st half un 66.5.. talked about some already in previous post so if interested just look at the several post discussing this game..

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Belmont shpuldnt be laying that many pts to anyone...

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Heandog View Post
    Love the input from both you guys But is it Possible for Banker to make your own thread is gets a little confusing on who you are playing because you are jumping from thread to thread ,, You give great advice on the games because you actually know what your talking about and thanks for the input Thanks and Good Luck guys
    it is.. i was last week when hammer was taking a break or if im ready to post somethng before there a thread up, but when i see a discussion thread already up figure no sense in starting another one cause it just gets left behind..

red12sox

Fairfield anyone lol

mrlif1
    carrie got her period in the shower
    mrlif1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3555

did a 5pt tease

Indiana +14
    duke -2
    ville -2

shouldn't be difficult to discern why.

I will say everyone knows stakes with duke, so that line is probably sharp as they come.

I'm looking for a 1h and think nova might be the play.

tham I like that 1h johnnies play. a little 1x2 action, but this ain't soccer lol. would add drama to the game, plus duke down at half? coach k won't even need a speech.

mrlif1
    carrie got her period in the shower
    mrlif1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3555

3 road teams in a 5pt tease, why it's called gambling I suppose lol.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

puke/johnnies un 142/1st half un 66.5.. talked about some already in previous post so if interested just look at the several post discussing this game..
    i like this a lot. I think St. John's may pull the upset. MSG could be rough for Duke.
    Regardless, Duke is playing better defense so the score has multiple ways to fall
    under.
    Last edited by Snowball; 01-25-15 at 11:14 AM.

2daBank

Was just looking at it....

Not sure why they are getting a point now. Their 6-1 ATS on road... i likw ill state but dont think they match up well here
    what so bad bout the matchup for illy st? i always feel like these 2 have really competitive gms even when one of them is having down yr or up year compared to the other. they both pretty similar far as tempo and way they want to play the gm. i think illy st prefers playing these guys and shockers opposed to faster tempo teams...

2daBank

Fairfield anyone lol
    surprised that line flipped. gotta think stags been looking forward to playing one of the few teams they can beat. lol.. i dunno tho, as much as i like that conf i tend to avoid the shit out of marist at all cost. might have made a play or 3 on them the last 2 years combined, year after year they the only squad that consistently isnt competitive with the rest.

dawgs777
    dawgs777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1606

Indiana and over

gl all

Heandog
    Heandog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Bank what about the Iona/Niagara game just played 10 days ago 80-79 game and now Niagara getting 14- any input on that game

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

what so bad bout the matchup for illy st? i always feel like these 2 have really competitive gms even when one of them is having down yr or up year compared to the other. they both pretty similar far as tempo and way they want to play the gm. i think illy st prefers playing these guys and shockers opposed to faster tempo teams...
    NO iowa very efficient on offensive End. 53.2% 2pters While ISU only 46% same category, below national average.

Ill state also allows 36.3% shooting from 3 while NO Iowa allows only 30%. Doesnt seem like a hyge differencr... but those are good for 262nd nationally and 41st, respectively. and since both teams rely on 3pters for about 30% of their offense, that is a pretty big stat.

ISU does have a huge offensive rebounding edge, but i think northern iowa combats that with forcing turnovers as ISU turns it over on 20% of possessions.

12 Last