THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I like it.

Tboonepickem
    Tboonepickem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5430

it screams under, due to the Bilikens lack of scoring. Taking the over.

Mike1986
    Mike1986's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

My willingness to back St. Louis and take the 12.5 is being significantly enhanced by the fact that there's so much public money placed on VCU and yet the spread is dropping. I just went back in for more with my book. Good luck to all tonight

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1986 View Post
    My willingness to back St. Louis and take the 12.5 is being significantly enhanced by the fact that there's so much public money placed on VCU and yet the spread is dropping. I just went back in for more with my book. Good luck to all tonight

Bets are are even across the board bro...not sure what your taking about...line is 13 everywhere also which is what it opened at

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post

Bets are are even across the board bro...not sure what your taking about...line is 13 everywhere also which is what it opened at
    not to mention if the line dropped a little that means in fact the majority of the money isnt on vcu. that whole percentage of bets thing is bout the most useless way to attempt to cap a gm..betting percentages have never made a shot or got a rebound in the 20+ years i been watching..

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    not to mention if the line dropped a little that means in fact the majority of the money isnt on vcu. that whole percentage of bets thing is bout the most useless way to attempt to cap a gm..betting percentages have never made a shot or got a rebound in the 20+ years i been watching..
    It helped confirm zags last night with over 80% of plays coming in on at Mary's

2daBank

It helped confirm zags last night with over 80% of plays coming in on at Mary's
    maybe it helped you decide to play them,. i assure you it didnt have anything to do with the outcome. why the fukk were ppl betting st marys is beyond me?

GT21Megatron

I usually would of been all over Stanford but they were getting the action last night so stayed away

GT21Megatron

maybe it helped you decide to play them,. i assure you it didnt have anything to do with the outcome. why the fukk were ppl betting st marys is beyond me?
    Agree

2daBank

I usually would of been all over Stanford but they were getting the action last night so stayed away
    again had nothing to do with the outcome. . you could fade percentages that may or may not be real till you blue in the face and it wouldnt be any different than flipping a coin.. popular plays hit and lose just like anything else..

red12sox
    red12sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Im on st. Louis

GT21Megatron

again had nothing to do with the outcome. . you could fade percentages that may or may not be real till you blue in the face and it wouldnt be any different than flipping a coin.. popular plays hit and lose just like anything else..
    Sure they do but the lines speak for themselves so when you see these short lines on teams who should be laying more or large home favorites for example Wisconsin the other night it gives you a good idea of where Vegas stands....it defiantly helps to look at the percentages when you got questions on a line that you doesn't think makes sense....the lines that make zero sense usually are good plays to be on the other side....you can usually get 3-4 on Saturdays...I'll bring it up in the daily when I see one tomorrow...nothing is a guarantee and anything can happen at the end of the day....I loved Wisconsin and Davidson the other day just going off where the line was...Gonzaga last night....I did take TCU though against Texas and lost so like I said....anything can happen

red12sox
    red12sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Bank talked me out of st. louis. Passing.

Mike1986

While I do appreciate your delightful interjection of misery, unfortunately your information is patently false. As of 5:30 tonight, based upon information gathered from multiple sources including Don Best and SportsOptions, bets were most certainly NOT even across the board "bro" -,actually they were closer to 68/32. In addition, unless Don Best had a special display solely for you, the line was anywhere between 12 and 12.5 at just about every book listed at this hour.
    Furthermore- Regarding the line movements inability to grab a rebound or sink a free throw, I agree with this, and that's a clever little spiel you've got there. However there is merit to reverse line movements and the fact that they are often indicators of respected action being laid down..... But I'm sure you'll refute that, and I'll make that assumption based entirely upon seeing your need to pontificate on my post despite its relatively low importance.... It was very important that you try and weigh in there, thankfully you did so. I truly am looking forward to you taking the podium and delivering your opus on how line movements mean nothing.... After all, your thoughts on the subject probably carry more weight than someone as meaningless as Bob Scucci... You know, bc he only runs a Vegas book and readily acknowledges the frequency in which the right sharp money will move a line drastically even if it only represents a fraction of what the public has get.

GT21Megatron

While I do appreciate your delightful interjection of misery, unfortunately your information is patently false. As of 5:30 tonight, based upon information gathered from multiple sources including Don Best and SportsOptions, bets were most certainly NOT even across the board "bro" -,actually they were closer to 68/32. In addition, unless Don Best had a special display solely for you, the line was anywhere between 12 and 12.5 at just about every book listed at this hour.
    Furthermore- Regarding the line movements inability to grab a rebound or sink a free throw, I agree with this, and that's a clever little spiel you've got there. However there is merit to reverse line movements and the fact that they are often indicators of respected action being laid down..... But I'm sure you'll refute that, and I'll make that assumption based entirely upon seeing your need to pontificate on my post despite its relatively low importance.... It was very important that you try and weigh in there, thankfully you did so. I truly am looking forward to you taking the podium and delivering your opus on how line movements mean nothing.... After all, your thoughts on the subject probably carry more weight than someone as meaningless as Bob Scucci... You know, bc he only runs a Vegas book and readily acknowledges the frequency in which the right sharp money will move a line drastically even if it only represents a fraction of what the public has get.

image.jpg

​next?

GT21Megatron

image.jpg

​next?

Mike1986

Congrats, you grabbed a screenshot from 7:56 PM to refute my point about what was happening at 5:45 PM. Great job buddy! Way to cap your inability to tell time with an emphatic "next". A simple look at any sports book will show you that this is an enormous waste of your time and every one else's. Take for example the Golden Nugget line- VCU opened at -13.... Below so the screenshot from 5:35 PM:
    01/23 5:35pm VACOMM-12 -110

We'll would you look at that??? Does that line say -12....?? Why yes, yes it does. Could that possibly mean that the line fell by a point? And this happened despite there being a public majority backing VCU....
    Listen, I have no desire to get into a pissing contest with you here, my point earlier was that there was absolutely zero need for you to come into the discussion in such a condescending manner. It seemed that the sole intention of you joining the discussion was in effort to make someone else look inferior. And if you do happen to get off on being that guy, at least have accurate information. Otherwise, not only do you come off as being argumentative for no reason, but you also end up looking uninformed and not mature enough to accept when you are wrong. Please Just let it go, because as you continue to try and manipulate the available information so that they fit your claim, all it does it undermine your credibility in future arguments. I have read some points you've made on other topics and they are good, I learned from them and appreciated the fact that you shared these thoughts.
    My purpose for taking part in the forum is to share ideas and learn from other people, make smarter plays and increase my winnings. I'm not here to undercut anyone or prove anything to anyone else, it serves no purpose. I'd be really happy to learn that other people here are also taking part in effort to beat the one common opponent- the book. I've seen your posts and have no problem acknowledging that you are well informed, but it would serve you well to stop being so obsessed with being right. I promise you that no one here cares if you are incorrect once in a while. Again, just let it go. I'm moving on. Happy handicapping. I hope you win every single wager you make this weekend

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

I like using this angle and think everyone should when capping a game.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Congrats, you grabbed a screenshot from 7:56 PM to refute my point about what was happening at 5:45 PM. Great job buddy! Way to cap your inability to tell time with an emphatic "next". A simple look at any sports book will show you that this is an enormous waste of your time and every one else's. Take for example the Golden Nugget line- VCU opened at -13.... Below so the screenshot from 5:35 PM:
    01/23 5:35pm VACOMM-12 -110

We'll would you look at that??? Does that line say -12....?? Why yes, yes it does. Could that possibly mean that the line fell by a point? And this happened despite there being a public majority backing VCU....
    Listen, I have no desire to get into a pissing contest with you here, my point earlier was that there was absolutely zero need for you to come into the discussion in such a condescending manner. It seemed that the sole intention of you joining the discussion was in effort to make someone else look inferior. And if you do happen to get off on being that guy, at least have accurate information. Otherwise, not only do you come off as being argumentative for no reason, but you also end up looking uninformed and not mature enough to accept when you are wrong. Please Just let it go, because as you continue to try and manipulate the available information so that they fit your claim, all it does it undermine your credibility in future arguments. I have read some points you've made on other topics and they are good, I learned from them and appreciated the fact that you shared these thoughts.
    My purpose for taking part in the forum is to share ideas and learn from other people, make smarter plays and increase my winnings. I'm not here to undercut anyone or prove anything to anyone else, it serves no purpose. I'd be really happy to learn that other people here are also taking part in effort to beat the one common opponent- the book. I've seen your posts and have no problem acknowledging that you are well informed, but it would serve you well to stop being so obsessed with being right. I promise you that no one here cares if you are incorrect once in a while. Again, just let it go. I'm moving on. Happy handicapping. I hope you win every single wager you make this weekend

This right here.

2daBank

that was actually me with the line bout line movement not making a shot ect ect.. GT would agree with you more on this than me, i was actually just messing with him when i said that.. i didnt see all this till now but i think you guys are disagreeing on how it was being looked at here while both i guess using it as part of your cases for oppo sides of this gm. if im seeing it all right. think i am cause i know he shares your opinion on line moves and betting percentages, i swear sometimes he takes gms just for sake of being contrarian (dont get mad GT ya know you my boy and im only kinda screwing around )..

you not saying anything i disagree with far as that stuff. years ago i thought it was a pretty valuable tool but i think it has become far less so as it became a ideal that the most recreational of bettors became familiar with..now it almost sounds gimmicky as you have the exact ppl that used to be part of the majority talking about rlm and such.. ive known guys that have done well using that as their primary reason for playing gms, again much less so recently.. i still look at percentage sites once or twice a day but honestly ive never used any of it to make a play, i much prefer capping them and trusting what i come up with. far as that goes i might have a little too much self trust but ive never cared if i was against a well respected line mover, ras or any other service with a credible rep, or against the majority. the way ive always looked at is everyone misses so why change my opinion? i will say that if i know im gonna be on the "square" side of things i have to be a little more confident to make the play but that as far as it goes for me.. percentage wise more of my plays are against the majority but not for any other reason than i guess i look at things differently. i could never make a play just for the sake of being contrarian, my research/math/angles have to back it up..

i dont think im disagreeing with anyone. if i was it not like i think im anyone to tell someone the way they do it wrong. like i said we all wrong, quite often. lol..

nice play on slu, i woulda never made it.. lots of ways to skin a cat.. you seem like a much better addition to the forum than most that come through. welcome aboard,, hope to see more post from you..

Mike1986

I'm just getting around to seeing the replies on this and must say that I appreciate the feed back from you guys. I'm really happy to have joined up and appreciate the welcome.
    Nice to see some harmony among us, I didn't like coming out the gate like this- since I'm a new guy here. I'm a firm believer in earning your right to speak in demonstrating results, and hopefully in time I will be able to do just that.