2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

1/21 ncaa hoops

been pretty good bout leading this thread off with a winner lately so hopefully i can continue that and hopefully everyone keeps continuing to chime in with other good plays, this thread def producing a lot of winners lately so lets keep it up..bigger card today but havnt dug far enough into it to know if that means there more plays to be made or not.. as is custom i have one i like quite a bit and will lead off with that...

tulsa-4.. i think this line a little short, i would make tulsa bout this number on a neutral court so i def feel there a edge here when ya factor in home court.. tulsa playing really well right now, flat out dominating the aac since conf play began. they match up so well with this mem team, everything they do well is a area mem struggles. tusla creates turnovers in bunches, as always mem has never been a team that values the rock. tulsa gets to the ft line at a really high clip, mem always been a dumb team and foul too much. tigers are really good rebounders and make a lot of noise on the offensive boards, however while tulsa doesnt get many offensive boards they do a very good job of cleaning up their glass which should nullify one of the few advantages mem has in this one.

bottom line here is tusla returns almost their entire squad from last years team that made some noise in conf usa before losing to ucla in the tourney. now they look to be making a similar push in the AAC, we get the better defensive team, the more experienced team, and the far less mistake prone team at home laying a very coverable number, playing against the perennially low iq tigers who dont value the rock and make a habit of losing the ft battle. i like tulsa to control this gm throughout and come away with a 8 point victory...

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Don't like Tulsa at all there...

leetreaper

My plays so far: Ohio ML and New Mexico.
    Leans: Wake, Charleston, Josephs, A&M, Penn St, Memphis, Marquette, Toledo, E Mich, Miss St, Tulane, Roberts, Hofstra, Delaware.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Why Penn State?

they don't play D and have one guy who can score consistently. Izzo usually makes his run once league play starts up the second half of the season

2daBank

dont like ohio at all.. prefer ball st as dogs but they covering machines.. huge defensive edge to ball st. dont seem all that appealing backing a really short road dog that is 256th in defensive efficiency and their numbers have gotten worse in conf..

GT21Megatron

I don't know anything about Kent State but Toledo has already hung with Duke and VCU on the road. Like their squad and hate taking the home team with a short line with two even teams....Kent State any good?

2daBank

i assuming there a tout service like RAS or someone on ohio leet?

leetreaper

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i assuming there a tout service like RAS or someone on ohio leet?
    What do you mean?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    I don't know anything about Kent State but Toledo has already hung with Duke and VCU on the road. Like their squad and hate taking the home team with a short line with two even teams....Kent State any good?
    tough to say,, both squads records are built on beating up on bottom feeders. toledo has played a few better good teams,. kent hung in with utep on the road..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    What do you mean?
    just that the line move looks like one caused by RAS or someone of the like releasing ohio as a play..

leetreaper

just that the line move looks like one caused by RAS or someone of the like releasing ohio as a play..
    No clue, I have access to the database with common opponents played, and Ohio was 13-8 SU vs 2-17 Ball St. last season, both return same number of starters, looks like a top play to me.
    Last game was TCU 0-17 vs Texas and won easily. Just saying.

2daBank

No clue, I have access to the database with common opponents played, and Ohio was 13-8 SU vs 2-17 Ball St. last season, both return same number of starters, looks like a top play to me.
    Last game was TCU 0-17 vs Texas and won easily. Just saying.
    ball st has improved immensely since last season when they were ranked somewhere in the 300s.. they dont look anything like the same team to me.. im not sure im trying to get involved cause im used to ball st being dogs but as dogs they bout as strong as it gets in the country. i dont know numbers off top of my head but they been a freaking atm machine for me..

leetreaper

ball st has improved immensely since last season when they were ranked somewhere in the 300s.. they dont look anything like the same team to me.. im not sure im trying to get involved cause im used to ball st being dogs but as dogs they bout as strong as it gets in the country. i dont know numbers off top of my head but they been a freaking atm machine for me..
    As the big dogs yes, but I'm sure they can lose tonight. Ohio is 0-4 in conference, line already moved in their favor, plus last 3 times they beat them by like 20+. Looks like a great spot for them to pick up that 1st conf win, cheers.

Adding: Wake.

2daBank

quinnipiac is kinda tempting.. like ive mentioned before in this conf i feel all the teams are so close (with exception of couple) that i almost always lean to the team that lost the 1st gm to flip the script in the 2nd.. st peters beat them by 6 at their gym in a gm quin shot 2-18 from behind the arc. the worrisome thing is that they have many of those type shooting performances under their belt. other than that they pretty much held the edge in most other areas in that gm. out rebounded st peters as you would expect. shot better from inside the arc. fts were fairly close, st pete shot a few more but quinn shot them at a much higher percentage.. turnovers were costly as quinn turned it over 15x to st peters 8..ultimately tho the difference in the gm was quins inability to knock down a outside shot while st peters shot a modest 6 of 18.. i dont even think the fact they couldnt hit a trey was their downfall as much so as the fact they continued to chuck so many..

stevegreazy
    stevegreazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Memphis coming off a 20 pt win to UCF who Tulsa only beat by 2? both beat houston by 18 points at one point ths year, tulsa lost to oral roberts where memphis beat em?

if i had to bet, id take the points with memphis but ill probably pass

2daBank

As the big dogs yes, but I'm sure they can lose tonight. Ohio is 0-4 in conference, line already moved in their favor, plus last 3 times they beat them by like 20+. Looks like a great spot for them to pick up that 1st conf win, cheers.

Adding: Wake.
    yea i honestly dont even know last time they were favs? im used to seeing them catching a ton of points and most times giving the fav everything they can handle if not winning.. the line move is why i asked if you knew if it was a service play? i just dont like backing road teams that are this poor defensively (in conf play 111 pper 100 compared to ball st 99. big discrepancy) and have a disadvantage on the boards. usually not a good combination

Razorbacks1
    '70's Gong Show Fan
    Razorbacks1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9578

Another useful and informative thread banker. Thanks for these. Don't care for any of the bigger games tonight. Also don't like laying points but cannot help it tonight. Going with Hofstra -12 vs. Drexel and Bill and Mary -7' at Delaware. BOL with your picks.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by stevegreazy View Post
    Memphis coming off a 20 pt win to UCF who Tulsa only beat by 2? both beat houston by 18 points at one point ths year, tulsa lost to oral roberts where memphis beat em?

if i had to bet, id take the points with memphis but ill probably pass
    i put very little weight into common opponent especially how much one team beat that team by compared to the other as i dont think that really translates to the gm being played tonight..could be a lot of reasons for it from anything from a matchup difference to something as random as one team catching that team at a better or worse time, to one just playing a bad gm vs a bad team that not easy to get up for at times.. oral roberts was the 1st gm of the season so i put absolutely no stock into that. i mean i can point out that mem got beat by tulane at home but i dont think that really matters either.. what is important to me is that tulsa turning teams over 22.7% of the time in conf play, rarely turn it over themselves while mem has turned it over at a pretty high clip on the season, although it has gotten somewhat better in conf play still upwards of 1 in every 5 trips.. that and i believe tulsa will have a significant edge at the ft line which will be big in a gm where both defenses are better than the offenses.. the only way i feel mem hangs in is if they are able to get a lot of second chance points, they are very good offensive rebounders but tulsa does a good job keeping teams off the offensive glass. to me that the gm right there. i believe tulsa will get the easy points you gonna need in a gm like this by scoring off turnovers and at the charity stripe. mem gonna have to get easy second chance points to offset this. if they do it will be close and the cover will be in question. if tulsa can limit the second chance putbacks i believe they win comfortably.. we will know early if mem getting a lot of boards ill be worried, if they one and done tulsa should open up a lead..
    Last edited by 2daBank; 01-21-15 at 01:04 PM.
    Points Awarded:

stevegreazy gave 2daBank 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Razorbacks1 View Post
    Another useful and informative thread banker. Thanks for these. Don't care for any of the bigger games tonight. Also don't like laying points but cannot help it tonight. Going with Hofstra -12 vs. Drexel and Bill and Mary -7' at Delaware. BOL with your picks.
    a lot of the time i like to wait on bill&mary when they on the road. if they start slow or are letting delaware hang around at half there a pretty good chance i will bet them at halftime, not sure there a better team in the country coming out after the half than bill&mary. they really been stepping on teams throats when they come out of the half, ive talked about it quite a bit. they dont always continue doing so for the entire 20 whether they wear down or what i dont know but those 1st 10 minutes they really get after it many times burying teams during that stretch or erasing big deficits a few times..

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Wake TT over 69', Johnnies 1H -3' for me.

love my Tribe but passing on them tonight at Delaware. tough to cover road chalk when you don't get to the line much or have a strong post game, plus they host Northeastern Saturday for first place in the Colonial.

what do you think of Missou tonight, bank? that's a lot of points for TAMU to cover.

GT21Megatron

I'm probably gonna play Illinois and Toledo. Definitely playing wiz in NBA

leetreaper

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    I'm probably gonna play Illinois and Toledo. Definitely playing wiz in NBA
    tloser on thunder

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

a lot of the time i like to wait on bill&mary when they on the road. if they start slow or are letting delaware hang around at half there a pretty good chance i will bet them at halftime, not sure there a better team in the country coming out after the half than bill&mary. they really been stepping on teams throats when they come out of the half, ive talked about it quite a bit. they dont always continue doing so for the entire 20 whether they wear down or what i dont know but those 1st 10 minutes they really get after it many times burying teams during that stretch or erasing big deficits a few times..
    agree, good stuff. Tribe has had a number of halves (both first and second) where they've played great for 10-15 minutes then spaced out for a few minutes late (or failed to hit FTs down the stretch in 2H). JMU 1H was a notable example. i think that part of it is that Tribe doesn't have much quality depth. their starting five has been outstanding, but every bench move means a significant downgrade and guys can't play 40 minutes without a dropoff in productivity. you know that i love Shaver as a coach, and he does a solid job of juggling rest vs having his best players on the floor, but the Tribe definitely have some in-game swings.

stevegreazy
    stevegreazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

i put very little weight into common opponent especially how much one team beat that team by compared to the other as i dont think that really translates to the gm being played tonight..could be a lot of reasons for it from anything from a matchup difference to something as random as one team catching that team at a better or worse time, to one just playing a bad gm vs a bad team that not easy to get up for at times.. oral roberts was the 1st gm of the season so i put absolutely no stock into that. i mean i can point out that mem got beat by tulane at home but i dont think that really matters either.. what is important to me is that tulsa turning teams over 22.7% of the time in conf play, rarely turn it over themselves while mem has turned it over at a pretty high clip on the season, although it has gotten somewhat better in conf play still upwards of 1 in every 5 trips.. that and i believe tulsa will have a significant edge at the ft line which will be big in a gm where both defenses are better than the offenses.. the only way i feel mem hangs in is if they are able to get a lot of second chance points, they are very good offensive rebounders but tulsa does a good job keeping teams off the offensive glass. to me that the gm right there. i believe tulsa will get the easy points you gonna need in a gm like this by scoring off turnovers and at the charity stripe. mem gonna have to get easy second chance points to offset this. if they do it will be close and the cover will be in question. if tulsa can limit the second chance putbacks i believe they win comfortably.. we will know early if mem getting a lot of boards ill be worried, if they one and done tulsa should open up a lead..

love your write-ups man

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    Wake TT over 69', Johnnies 1H -3' for me.

love my Tribe but passing on them tonight at Delaware. tough to cover road chalk when you don't get to the line much or have a strong post game, plus they host Northeastern Saturday for first place in the Colonial.

what do you think of Missou tonight, bank? that's a lot of points for TAMU to cover.
    really hope bill & mary have one of their patented sluggish road starts then i will look to play them at half. they so good coming out of half!

it is a lot of points but tigers are soo freaking bad. sad what used to be a respectable program has pretty much switched places with the fb team in a lot of ways. the fb team pays and keeps their good coach. the hoops team lets everyone worth a damn bolt and bring in bargain basement replacements.

the difference in offense and defense efficiency is disgusting. in conf 89 per 100 scored. 112 per 100 given up! is there a team with a worse margin than that? bet we would be hard pressed to find it. obviously the uk gm really helped that but outside of lsu gm they have looked miserable to me, enough so i think that gm said a lot more bout lsu than them.. AM isnt very good offensively, if my totals havnt been absolute horse shit id prob be pretty interested in the under.. i dont trust AM to cover but i just cant back mizzou right now..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    agree, good stuff. Tribe has had a number of halves (both first and second) where they've played great for 10-15 minutes then spaced out for a few minutes late (or failed to hit FTs down the stretch in 2H). JMU 1H was a notable example. i think that part of it is that Tribe doesn't have much quality depth. their starting five has been outstanding, but every bench move means a significant downgrade and guys can't play 40 minutes without a dropoff in productivity. you know that i love Shaver as a coach, and he does a solid job of juggling rest vs having his best players on the floor, but the Tribe definitely have some in-game swings.
    i guess that makes sense as to why, i didnt know if it was maybe a fatigue thing or what? ive just noticed those 1st 10 minutes coming out of half they pretty much have beaten everyone in that stretch. after that it been a bit of a toss up if they continue and close the gm out strong. usually im just hoping they jump out hard enough they can weather the last 8 minutes..

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

Got lucky yesterday. Had a good hit on the k state game early and I just said forget about the Iowa game and didn't bet it fortunately.

Haven't even looked at today's card yet about to go to New Orleans on vaca.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

Nothing jumps out at me

2daBank

anyone crazy enough to mess with the illini gm? lol.. im sticking to my vow of not touching their gms but man would i like to take purdue ml. lol

leetreaper

anyone crazy enough to mess with the illini gm? lol.. im sticking to my vow of not touching their gms but man would i like to take purdue ml. lol
    yeah purdue or nothing but not playing

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Little info on this one.

Looks like rumor is aaron cosby is out for a while too. Another loss for illini. Hasnt playef very well but our depth is now lacking. He also averaged damn near 4 boards a game. Him and rice were both huge on the boards for us. Will be a problem against purdue.

2daBank

is this smu's 1st gm since the academic issues and subsequent suspensions? seems like the loss of frazier could hurt them., brown looks like a adequate replacement but certainly hurts their depth, they wernt incredibly deep to begin with. i guess kennedy should be rounding into shape by now tho so that a big addition.. i dunno. just rambling..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Little info on this one.

Looks like rumor is aaron cosby is out for a while too. Another loss for illini. Hasnt playef very well but our depth is now lacking. He also averaged damn near 4 boards a game. Him and rice were both huge on the boards for us. Will be a problem against purdue.
    you trying to get me to lose more money messing with these guys? lol..my fault for even bringing up! nunn has really stepped up since rice went out..

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

is this smu's 1st gm since the academic issues and subsequent suspensions? seems like the loss of frazier could hurt them., brown looks like a adequate replacement but certainly hurts their depth, they wernt incredibly deep to begin with. i guess kennedy should be rounding into shape by now tho so that a big addition.. i dunno. just rambling..
    Nope. 2nd. Frazier didnt play last game.
    brown is a good replacement.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

you trying to get me to lose more money messing with these guys? lol..my fault for even bringing up! nunn has really stepped up since rice went out..
    Lol man i would say to stay away. Never know with this team.
    Nunn hqs played exceptional but we are so thin now

1234 ... Last