2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

1/18 ncaa hoops

looks like tham taking little break, in the meantime if ya'll still wanna do these threads every day id appreciate it if someone else could start them on weekdays as my time is back to being a little more limited but ill happily chime in on the discussion already going on if the thread up..

just got up but 1 jumped out at me right away.

canisius pk.. not a ton to say here far as analyzing this one. the reason i have always loved betting this conf is it provides several of these no brainers every year, and this is exactly that (which makes this a 2x my normal wager as i always do on these type gms). traditionally these squads split their home and home, it not always the home team winning but in this case iona just beat these guys by 3 at their house last week so id expect this to hold true to form and canisius returns the favor today, only difference being id expect the margin to be a little bigger here. im guessing the only reason for line being shorter than i would have expected is cause iona has been running off conf wins of late, doesnt matter that stops today.

from a x's and o's standpoint it pretty simple, if you been around these discussion threads you know that im a big fan of fading road teams that play the kind of terrible defense that iona does. this team simply can not get stops and allow teams to light them up from deep, playing against teams that arnt exactly filled with 3 point snipers they allow teams to shoot 38% from beyond the arc. case and point canisius who shoots a not so hot 33% from long range went 11-24 in the 1st meeting between these 2 while holding the good shooting gaels to 10-27 and this was at their gym. the 1st gm iona owned canisius at the charity stripe shooting 24 fts to canisius's 7! in what was a 3 point gm. while you would expect iona to hold the edge getting to the line it very unlikely that we see this kind of gap in canisius's gym. we get the better defensive team, at home, in a revenge gm where year after year these teams split, and we dont even have to worry about covering a number.

looking at a few more but wanted to get the thread started, as always look forward to hearing what everyone else is thinking, hopefully we can bang out anther winning day..

red12sox
    red12sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Thanks for starting the thread bank!

red12sox

Any thoughts on Indiana bank?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by red12sox View Post
    Any thoughts on Indiana bank?
    not sure if you recall but illini has been a absolute pain in my arse all fukkin season. think last time i was on the right side of 1 of their gms was when they beat baylor. since then i have lost on them, against them, totals. i swore off touching their gms a while back but then i got suckered in on the maryland line and took another big hit.. i doubt i will even attempt to cap this one.. line pretty much screams illini but there no way im betting them..

red12sox

Yea I am leaning Indiana but Illinois has been kicking my ass since rice went down...

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

I agree with you on Canisius and also like Manhattan -3

red12sox

I don't know much about a lot of the teams playing today to be honest. Sort of like new mexico though.

2daBank

Yea I am leaning Indiana but Illinois has been kicking my ass since rice went down...
    id be wary of touching hoosiers on road in conf.. since conf play began they hve went from being one of the most efficient offensive teams in the country 112.7 points per 100 possessions good for 21st to 9th in just the big 10 at a meager 100.1 pper100..that a really big drop off, while at same time the d has gotten 3 points per 100 worse.. mostly tho that line screams illini, i mean who doesnt think hoosiers the better team and they catching 5-6 points? i actually think under might be worth a look cause not only has indy's efficiency dropped considerably their tempo has slowed a great deal..

2daBank

I don't know much about a lot of the teams playing today to be honest. Sort of like new mexico though.
    you should really get to know the MAAC, ive always found it a great conf to bet..

Heandog
    Heandog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

what about the Quinne Bobcats vs the Red foxes they just played last week Bobcats walk away with a 12 pt win Marist hit 10 3pt shots in that game I think Quinne will walk away with another victory here they will kill em on the boards both teams terrible like 38% from the floor I just think the Bobcats to big inside for the foxes.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Played Washington -4 last night. Illini or nothing for me in the IU/ill game probably won't play it though

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Played Washington -4 last night. Illini or nothing for me in the IU/ill game probably won't play it though
    it was a friend of mines bday yesterday so went out last night. still little groggy, trying to fight thru it and get this card capped,, lol.. kinda like 1st half under 67 in illini gm, but i mean we talking a .25 degen play cause well, im a degen and that getting ready to start.

stevegreazy
    stevegreazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Anyone like loyola as slight road favorites?

red12sox

So no plays so far bank?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Heandog View Post
    what about the Quinne Bobcats vs the Red foxes they just played last week Bobcats walk away with a 12 pt win Marist hit 10 3pt shots in that game I think Quinne will walk away with another victory here they will kill em on the boards both teams terrible like 38% from the floor I just think the Bobcats to big inside for the foxes.
    unfortunately quin 3 point defense is so bad it wouldnt surprise me if that happened again.. also marist held them to only 10 offensive boards, quin had a 9 ft edge. i dunno quin jumped on them early and marist couldnt recover but they actually outplayed them in the 2nd half.. not sure that 12 point road win gonna translate to covering this number on the road. think it a pass for me buddy. hope you cash it tho..

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Illinois -5

2daBank

So no plays so far bank?
    dude, you didnt read 1st post?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Illinois -5
    like i said i think that right side. believe me you better off me not touching them anyway or they would prob lose by 30. cant figure that team out, at times i feel like they hate me, lol..

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    dude, you didnt read 1st post?
    Hahahaha

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Quote Originally Posted by stevegreazy View Post
    Anyone like loyola as slight road favorites?
    Loyola is the better team, but the line seems fishy. Almost seems to easy.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Somewhat small card but money to be made today.
    Last edited by jtoler; 01-18-15 at 01:02 PM.

NardVa

Might take a stab at DePaul and Oregon as a dog. I think one of them can win straight up.

NardVa

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Nothing fishy about the line.
    I thought Loyola if anything would be a small favorite instead of a pick'em game.

2daBank

i know this team will screw me but ive seen them a few times make really good defensive adjustments at half and at same time ive seen crean make no adjustments. but again illini always screws me either way so maybe fade..

illini-5 (-105) 2nd half..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    Might take a stab at DePaul and Oregon as a dog. I think one of them can win straight up.
    i like depaul between the 2.. i havnt paid a ton of attention to udub of late tho, so happy that stoney brook gm happened cause it got me to jump ship on udub before conf play began. once again i thought they were a good team coming into conf play and once again they are terrible. that coach is pathetic. i do think they beat ducks tonight tho. what i like bout depaul is they have been lighting it up from behind the arc in conf play and johnnies been terrible defending the 3.. i like the over in that gm and it def one of those gms where i like the over cause i expect the dog to give fav all they can handle..

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    I thought Loyola if anything would be a small favorite instead of a pick'em game.
    I deleted that post after looking at it some more, but they were a -2 favorite its been bought down.

jtoler

Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, could have sworn I saw Loyola as -2 last night, guess I was looking at something else.

2daBank

i took a break on totals since i had a week and a half or so where i was either way off or something goofy would happen on ones that looked to be good for 38minutes until i proceeded to get reamed. kept posting them for a minute so ya'll could fade so hopefully ya did but then i stopped playing them..well i like this one so gonna get back on the horse, ya'll decide whether to fade or not, lol..

johnnies/depaul over 143.. no idea why this one nose diving, maybe it a sign i should have stayed away. granted depaul's pace has really slowed during conf play but what has happened is they are stroking it from down town, at same time johnnies 3 point defense has been atrocious since conf play has began. i think johnnies will look to attack the press and think they will have success with that. i expect this to be close so should get a situation where we either getting fts late or both teams trying to execute..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

i like depaul between the 2.. i havnt paid a ton of attention to udub of late tho, so happy that stoney brook gm happened cause it got me to jump ship on udub before conf play began. once again i thought they were a good team coming into conf play and once again they are terrible. that coach is pathetic. i do think they beat ducks tonight tho. what i like bout depaul is they have been lighting it up from behind the arc in conf play and johnnies been terrible defending the 3.. i like the over in that gm and it def one of those gms where i like the over cause i expect the dog to give fav all they can handle..
    Worst in America.

2daBank

looks like i have another total buried in the 1st 7 minutes. hope ya'll faded at least. think im back to leaving them alone. lol..

very tempted to lay the super chalky chalk on UNI today,, wish hammer was around cause im admittedly terrible when it comes to playing these big chalks which i why you rarely see me try.. clearly uni is in another class here, i actually think they may be better than shockers this season. really big number for what will be a very low scoring gm, biggest reason im considering this besides the fact i made it higher is that uni kinda screwed around after getting a big lead their last gm against bradley, after the gm i read uni head coach jacobson was not happy at all about the way they coasted before pulling back away and winning by 11.. i think the message has been sent and we will see uni go for the jugular here.. still laying this kinda chalk scares me so curious what everyone else thinks?

2daBank

what a fukkin shocker, illini gonna find a way to fukk me yet again after being in control in the 2nd half.. next time you guys see me even contemplate touching this team please do me a favor and hit me with a damn brick!!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Worst in America.
    this jackass groce for illini isnt much better. great idea leaving your best fukkin player in the game with 4 mf'in fouls at the 10 minute mark you dipshit.. jesus christ i hate this team more than any team in america.. im something like 1-10 betting this god damn team..

2daBank

uni-14..(half unit) as stated above i made this line a little higher and while i hate dd favs im making a exception here, mostly based off the way uni let bradley back in the gm and the coaches response afterwords,. i think his team will respond and keep their foot on the gas pedal in route to a 20 point victory..

2daBank

well canisius made it closer than it had to be but in the end got the 2x play.. love that conference..

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

well canisius made it closer than it had to be but in the end got the 2x play.. love that conference..
    Canisius. My man. I cashed. Good call! Thank you. BOL.

12 Last