No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Gonzaga is doing everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, in its power to not cover tonight

Anyone watching this? 11 of 29 at the free throw line? Pangos is an 88% FT shooter and just bricked two straight. Wesley is a 75% FT shooter and he's 3 for 10. In fact, outside of Wiltjer, they're 6 for 24. SIX FOR FVCKING 24.

Don't make it too obvious, guys.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Shooting 59 percent from the field, yet under 40 percent from the line. They shoot 73% as a team on the year.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Dude, no offence but you are getting redic. with these threads...

Yons18
    Yons18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

According to this forum, every team in D1 shaves points.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Dude, no offence but you are getting redic. with these threads...
    Had no bet on the game. Just watching it and seeing brick after brick after brick after brick.

They should've won this game going away. I've never seen a good FT shooting team just completely go in the tank like this for no reason whatsoever.

leetreaper

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Had no bet on the game. Just watching it and seeing brick after brick after brick after brick.

They should've won this game going away. I've never seen a good FT shooting team just completely go in the tank like this for no reason whatsoever.
    They were obv not missing on purpose, tough physical game plus no motivation, pretty standard.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I've never seen a good FT shooting team just completely go in the tank like this for no reason whatsoever.
    Never? These are 18-21 year old kids.......this kind of stuff literally happens all over the country every single night in College Hoops.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Spoiler

leetreaper

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Never? These are 18-21 year old kids.......this kind of stuff literally happens all over the country every single night in College Hoops.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

LeBron at one point last night was 2-6 FTs. Westbrook had 8 T.O.s with some unbelievable brutal ones.

1-10,000 of these scenarios might have a whisper of conspiracy. The rest is just business as usual.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

I disagree. NoCoin is right, that was an insane outcome. Pangos is almost 90% on his career FT%. Gonzaga shoots really well from charity stripe and never falls apart like that. This kind of thing is very uncommon.

I'm not saying they shaved points. Some of the players were even upset afterwards that they 'won by so little'.

The zags bus got stuck in crazy traffic and they got to the arena right at tipoff time. Opposing coach was a sportsman and agreed to a 33 minute tipoff delay to let the zags change and warmup a little. They were stressed about possibly MISSING and FORFEITING the game, then had to deal with a wild n crazy opposing student section all game. Getting flustered like that could throw off your mental game, which is what FT shooting is.

Spoiler
    Spoiler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Toss who don't believe games are fixed will always lose

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I had Pepperdine. I knew it was a winner with like 15 minutes left.

It was one of those game that I was actually on the "right" side. It was nice for a change.

swag1982
    swag1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2378

Just another reason to stay away from huge road favs square ass plays

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Find me a box score from "every night" where a 73% FT shooting team goes 14 of 33 at the line.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    I disagree. NoCoin is right, that was an insane outcome. Pangos is almost 90% on his career FT%. Gonzaga shoots really well from charity stripe and never falls apart like that. This kind of thing is very uncommon.

I'm not saying they shaved points. Some of the players were even upset afterwards that they 'won by so little'.

The zags bus got stuck in crazy traffic and they got to the arena right at tipoff time. Opposing coach was a sportsman and agreed to a 33 minute tipoff delay to let the zags change and warmup a little. They were stressed about possibly MISSING and FORFEITING the game, then had to deal with a wild n crazy opposing student section all game. Getting flustered like that could throw off your mental game, which is what FT shooting is.
    Yet they had literally no issues from the field, shooting 57%.

I'm not suggesting they flat-out shaved points, and I didn't watch the whole game. I did catch the last 10 minutes or so, and it sure did seem odd that none of them could make a FT to save their lives all of a sudden. They sure didn't look sluggish anywhere else on the court.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    I think it's funny you keep perpetuating that lie, that it somehow happens "every night" when there is literally no proof of it.