THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

College hoops discussion 1/2/15

Whats everyone seeing?

Valpo-oakland looks intriguing. Line is 4.5. Oakland has played a TOUGH schedule.... and has been in games... valpo played much weaker schedule. Think the line says alot. Oakland plays no defense though.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

oh shit,, i was rambling on starting the same thread and ya beat me to it buddy.. wish we could merge them..

2daBank

jeez..oak hasnt played a home gm in a freaking month!

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    not a great card but neither was yesterdays and we managed to find some winners..

i dont have any plays set in stone yet, couple leans but think i might be able to get better numbers by waiting..just thought id start the thread so ya'll can chime in with questions, thoughts, plays, whatever..

early leans..

i like st peters with the points but seeing how it been going up figured id hold out and see if it gets to 6 or better. peacocks been decent on the road and think they the better team here, not my fav thing trusting a road team that relies on treys and fts but they also bring the better defense to the table here and have a stretch 4 in marvin dominique that gonna be a headache for quinnipiac.. ultimately i have this as a one or 2 possession gm so would be pretty happy with +6..

looking to lay the points with canisius but again line moving opposite way so hoping i can get -4 or so before all said and done. why this one dropping is beyond me, little bit of a class difference here as canisius is a decent team while monmouth has a total of 1 win vs teams inside the top 300! and that win was at home to iona who lets everyone light them up..canisius should turn this team over a ton and i think win pretty comfortably..

dunno how im not gonna be on udub later? little worried the stoney brook loss was a warning sign for a team that i have seen look really good in the non-conf before then crumble when they get into conf play. still cal's offense is total dogshit so they gonna have a really hard time scoring on a really good defensive group..not sure bout this one, i been on the udub bandwagon most the season but i still dont fully trust them coming into conf play..

Here we go. Lol

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

jeez..oak hasnt played a home gm in a freaking month!
    I know! And they have played some tough ass t3ams away from home. You have to tgink theyre gonna be thrilled to be in their own gym.

KDF500
    Long time listener, first time caller
    KDF500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1117

Oakland also 6-2 SU vs Valpo in last 8...
    Oakland or nothing

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    I know! And they have played some tough ass t3ams away from home. You have to tgink theyre gonna be thrilled to be in their own gym.
    they beat valpo here last year..336th in defensive efficiency is really ugly tho! i kinda have a bit of a phobia about taking teams 1st gm home after a lot on the road, whether it actually warranted or not i couldnt tell ya.. they go back on the road for 2 more after this so you would think if they ever gonna get a win now the time..

2daBank

here the ones i was looking at initially

1/2 hoops discussion

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

here the ones i was looking at initially

1/2 hoops discussion
    I love quinnipiac... but that is a ton of pts to give up against a team who has played a much tougher schedule. I like quinn cause noone in the country rebounds like them. Drame will be the best player on the court.... but st peters getting 6 is alot.

A123
    A123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

I like St Peters too, Bank. +6 would nice.

2daBank

I love quinnipiac... but that is a ton of pts to give up against a team who has played a much tougher schedule. I like quinn cause noone in the country rebounds like them. Drame will be the best player on the court.... but st peters getting 6 is alot.
    yea they get after it on the boards.. they split the with home team winning each gm pretty comfortably last season, st peters seems improved to me tho so think they can improve on the 10 point loss here last season..

2daBank

is stanford really good enough to be laying 15 here? i know wazzu is shit but 15?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by A123 View Post
    I like St Peters too, Bank. +6 would nice.
    i just got 6 at bol..

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

youngstown -2
    Valpo -5 like everyone has said valpo actually plays d and can score while oakland doesnt play any d and even though vs tough competition hasnt broken the 70 point mark but once in a month. This can be a burial though since everyone and their mom is on valpo but i guess i will go down the burning ship with the rest of them

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Money keeps pouring in on valpo. Lets see that line get 6.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Oakland 4-1 ATS against valpo last 5.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    youngstown -2
    Valpo -5 like everyone has said valpo actually plays d and can score while oakland doesnt play any d and even though vs tough competition hasnt broken the 70 point mark but once in a month. This can be a burial though since everyone and their mom is on valpo but i guess i will go down the burning ship with the rest of them
    i couldnt bet valpo,, pretty much agree with oak or nothing type thinking despite their defense.. most likely a pass for me tho.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Tgink im gonna have to take oakland ml and spread

2daBank

wouldnt surprise me in the least to see north tex stay within the number at home against utep.. they should zone it up a bunch and force utep into taking ill advised jumpers.. outta be pretty low scoring which always makes a lot of points appealing. just a matter of whether they can manage to score around 60?

2daBank

Tgink im gonna have to take oakland ml and spread
    history says it the right side, and lets face it, not like oak played any better defense last year when they won this gm..

2daBank

ndst is probably a solid play,, i actually got a road win with oral roberts the other day but for the most part this a team i like much better at home , the matchup against det just happened to be really good for them as they make their living at the charity stripe and det fouls a ton.. they get no such luck today as ndst doesnt foul and they dont lose at home. number looks little short in this one..

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Im thinking utah slaps the snot out of usc tonight.
    I think the trojans are an overrated team (eventhough not that highly regarded). Utah is gonna totally offset their ability to score 2 pters (58% of their offense) with their 6th ranked 2pt% defense holding opponents to 37.2 %.

V4Value
    V4Value's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 400

I'm on Youngstown State, have them at -1. Anyways else capping this game?

2daBank

you way outta my comfort zone with that number, lol.. if utah does blow them out it looks like a under to me..

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

you way outta my comfort zone with that number, lol.. if utah does blow them out it looks like a under to me..
    Hahaha i know

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by V4Value View Post
    I'm on Youngstown State, have them at -1. Anyways else capping this game?
    there a handful of those shitbag illinios schools down in that 300th type range i have never had any success capping so i really dont bother.. lines always seem short for the visitors, if i try and be sharp and roll with the shittier team i usually lose, if i try and take what appears to be the better team i usually lose.. i learned years ago im better off just avoiding those,, i can certainly see why you and everyone else i know is on youngstown and ya'll prob hit..

V4Value

ya well i was looking through thinking line would hit -3, but i'll roll with -1. Keane shooting real well and Hain going to take care of business down low imo. Was also very intrigued by valpo-oak game but this thread just took me on a rollercoaster. Valpo blowout or Oak ML lol

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

East tenn state looks like a nice bet as well.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by V4Value View Post
    ya well i was looking through thinking line would hit -3, but i'll roll with -1. Was also very intrigued by valpo-oak game but this thread just took me on a rollercoaster. Valpo blowout or Oak ML lol
    im certainly not saying it a bad play, i actually agree. i just suck with those schools so i avoid them.. line really doesnt make a lot of sense but that kinda typical for these guys, hell they have 4 wins and 2 are vs non div 1 competition and the other 2 not vs anyone inside the top 250...

far as valpo/oak only reason im talking bout cause tham brought it up. it was a pass for me 1st time thru the card and think it still is. gun to my head id take oak just based on history and the fact valpo pretty 3 point reliant which not something i love in a road fav. doesnt hurt my lean that ppl think they getting a free lunch with valpo in a gm that generally anything but that... ive seen valpo talked up plenty this morning but we are talking bout a team who got waxed by a shit mizzou team, waxed at home by a decent but nothing special new mexico team, barely beat a ipfw team that plays every bit as shitty defense as oak with a far worse offense behind it, skated by a terrible ball st team.. i dunno when you go and actually break down valpo's resume i think it fair to say they might be getting a little more credit than they deserve playing the 282nd ranked schedule in the country...shit ive bout talked myself into oak now..

V4Value

im certainly not saying it a bad play, i actually agree. i just suck with those schools so i avoid them.. line really doesnt make a lot of sense but that kinda typical for these guys, hell they have 4 wins and 2 are vs non div 1 competition and the other 2 not vs anyone inside the top 250...

far as valpo/oak only reason im talking bout cause tham brought it up. it was a pass for me 1st time thru the card and think it still is. gun to my head id take oak just based on history and the fact valpo pretty 3 point reliant which not something i love in a road fav. doesnt hurt my lean that ppl think they getting a free lunch with valpo in a gm that generally anything but that... ive seen valpo talked up plenty this morning but we are talking bout a team who got waxed by a shit mizzou team, waxed at home by a decent but nothing special new mexico team, barely beat a ipfw team that plays every bit as shitty defense as oak with a far worse offense behind it, skated by a terrible ball st team.. i dunno when you go and actually break down valpo's resume i think it fair to say they might be getting a little more credit than they deserve playing the 282nd ranked schedule in the country...shit ive bout talked myself into oak now..
    Now you know how I feel lol

2daBank

someone else pointed this gm out at another site so not trying to take credit for it cause i woulda prob never noticed it but it does look kinda interesting when i started looking..

UTSA catching a couple points at rice. both teams total shit which why i prob wouldnt have noticed but there def some things to like bout the dog in this one. 1st and foremost is utsa gets to the ft line a ton (like to the tune of 5th in the nation) and rice is amongst the worst at sending teams there, utsa should live there all night. rice's 3 wins have come against kp ranked 320th prarie view am, and 2 non div 1 teams, that it.. rice turns it over far more and is terrible on the glass so not only will utsa be living at the charity stripe they will in all likelihood have far more looks at the basket.. like i said someone else pointed this gm out but after looking i think it worth a play..

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

someone else pointed this gm out at another site so not trying to take credit for it cause i woulda prob never noticed it but it does look kinda interesting when i started looking..

UTSA catching a couple points at rice. both teams total shit which why i prob wouldnt have noticed but there def some things to like bout the dog in this one. 1st and foremost is utsa gets to the ft line a ton (like to the tune of 5th in the nation) and rice is amongst the worst at sending teams there, utsa should live there all night. rice's 3 wins have come against kp ranked 320th prarie view am, and 2 non div 1 teams, that it.. rice turns it over far more and is terrible on the glass so not only will utsa be living at the charity stripe they will in all likelihood have far more looks at the basket.. like i said someone else pointed this gm out but after looking i think it worth a play..
    Imma look into this. Good shit banker.

2daBank

just to back those points up they did play at utsa last season and in fact utsa did have a significant adv at the line and on the boards in what was a 13 point win...

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Only scary tging is 3pters... rice shoots 34% and utsa allowd 42%. One of worst 3 pt defenses in country.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Utsa also only shoots 67% from line... not very good

1234 Last