spendingmoney
    spendingmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1568

Northern iowa vs vcu

Not a big basketball follower but with no football i gutta bet something!
    That being said this game caught my eye.
    can someone tell me why a ranked 9-0 Iowa is +7 against an unranked 5-3 vcu?

would Iowa be a good play?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i wouldnt put a whole lot of stock into the rankings as they basically not worth a damn. worth mentioning that 2 of vcu losses were against what i consider a couple of the better teams in the country. also that uni has played a very soft schedule, vcu will be the best team they have faced by far imo.. all that said this line seems really high, uni is improved from last season and they beat vcu pretty convincingly last season dominating the boards, at the line, shooting wise, and doing a good enough job against the press.. the gm was at uni but still a 9 point home win shoudnt translate into a 8 point road loss considering i think uni is better and vcu really isnt i dont think.. line is almost alarmingly high as everyone i know is pretty much on uni yet line is rising? beats the shit out of me. prob a pass cause it a hard line for me to figure out. should be interesting gm with the huge contrast in styles.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

VCU doesn't have any bigs to bang with UNI on the boards, I expected Panthers to dominate inside with Tuttle, thier experience guards should handle the press...VCU will only hang if they hit the 3 pointers.

I think UNI can get this road win, +7.5 is a big plus

fukkk the trap, I'll put my money on the better team

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    VCU doesn't have any bigs to bang with UNI on the boards, I expected Panthers to dominate inside with Tuttle, thier experience guards should handle the press...VCU will only hang if they hit the 3 pointers.

I think UNI can get this road win, +7.5 is a big plus

fukkk the trap, I'll put my money on the better team
    i dont even believe in "traps". just saying line is pretty curious to say the least. you right bout the inside. uni shot 66% last yr in this gm compared to 35% for vcu, out rebounded them by 9 but that to be expected since vcu missed so many shots.. there certainly no freaking way id lay 7.5, id love to know who the hell driving it up and why? almost everyone's opinion i respect is on uni..

StatePenn
    StatePenn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

VCU or nothing!

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

I might put down a first half play on VCU they been sitting around for a week after getting dump trucked by UVA...Probably come out fire up so the question is can UNI weather that storm early and keep it close

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    I might put down a first half play on VCU they been sitting around for a week after getting dump trucked by UVA...Probably come out fire up so the question is can UNI weather that storm early and keep it close
    not a great scheduling spot for uni either coming off a trip to denver just 3 days ago.. i think it just a pass for me but it usually doesnt end well when everyone i respect on the same side with really no opposition anywhere in forum world..

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......
    AdaBarber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

What I have learned is that rankings do not mean a thing just as how much juice is being laid or how much it costs when determining what side you choose. Only thing I watch for is big line movements which makes me do a little more research to find out who is not playing. I took the points. Remember also that Vegas gets it wrong more times than you think. I bet a lot of games and I see that often.

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    not a great scheduling spot for uni either coming off a trip to denver just 3 days ago.. i think it just a pass for me but it usually doesnt end well when everyone i respect on the same side with really no opposition anywhere in forum world..
    Ive seen VCU run teams out the gym and then start playing open gym in the second half and UnI has shooters to come back when they do that....I think that pressure can get to em early but like I said UNI loves to slow it down but I think VCU has real bad tasted in their mouth and will come out ready to go...

2daBank

Ive seen VCU run teams out the gym and then start playing open gym in the second half and UnI has shooters to come back when they do that....I think that pressure can get to em early but like I said UNI loves to slow it down but I think VCU has real bad tasted in their mouth and will come out ready to go...
    it def a gm of contrasting styles, i def like your idea of 1st half better than laying the 7.5 for gm. uni has shifted several time zones this week as well which could be a factor. im pretty interested in watching (dunno if im gonna have a chance tho) but there was so much on the card i liked it was a easy pass..

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    it def a gm of contrasting styles, i def like your idea of 1st half better than laying the 7.5 for gm. uni has shifted several time zones this week as well which could be a factor. im pretty interested in watching (dunno if im gonna have a chance tho) but there was so much on the card i liked it was a easy pass..
    What else you looking at? I think Kansas rolls UTAH and I like Xavier too....Saw UTAH against BYU and wasnt impressed even though they got out with the win....Florida D is better then Utahs and Kansas came back on them. Think Florida is better then Utah

2daBank

What else you looking at? I think Kansas rolls UTAH and I like Xavier too....Saw UTAH against BYU and wasnt impressed even though they got out with the win....Florida D is better then Utahs and Kansas came back on them. Think Florida is better then Utah
    tulsa quite a bit. st marys to a lesser extent. if i can get 6 with ucla ill be on them. considering illini and have a few totals im looking at now.. bonnies+8.5 too.. no interest in xavier, think i agree with ku, although i think utah is a very good team despite not looking all that great at byu..