Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

D1 Newcomer Incarnate Word Beats Nebraska 74-73

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) Kyle Hittle hit a contested baseline jumper after Nebraska's Terran Petteway threw away an inbound pass, and Incarnate Word upset Nebraska 74-73 on Wednesday night for the biggest victory in the Cardinals' one-plus seasons making the transition from Division II to Division I.

Going to finish 2nd in the BiG 10 according to a forum know it all. Where you at now big mouth?

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

I'm right here...please show where I said they would finish 2nd homie. I said it was plausible, and it still is considering it's only December and nobody in the big ten has been that impressive thus far...Michigan just lost to NJIT and EMU

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Told in a thread the other day about Braska, they arnt that good.

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    I'm right here...please show where I said they would finish 2nd homie. I said it was plausible, and it still is considering it's only December and nobody in the big ten has been that impressive thus far...Michigan just lost to NJIT and EMU
    Nice tap dance, the subject is Nebraska not Michigan. No one has picked Michigan to finish second.

And the B1G hasn't been all that bad to date:
    W-L %
    Maryland 9-1 .900
    Penn State 9-1 .900
    Wisconsin 9-1 .900
    Ohio State 7-1 .875
    Iowa 8-2 .800
    Minnesota 8-2 .800
    Purdue 8-2 .800
    Illinois 7-2 .778
    Indiana 7-2 .778
    Michigan 6-3 .667
    Michigan State 6-3 .667
    Nebraska 5-3 .625
    Northwestern 5-3 .625
    Rutgers 5-4 .556

Post your order of finish in the final standings for the B1G.
    Last edited by Isaiah; 12-11-14 at 08:05 PM.

survive
    and advance

My preseason top 5 prediction:
    Sconnie - OSU - MSU - Nebraska - Michigan

Current prediction:
    Sconnie, OSU, MSU , Maryland, iowa

Like I said, the conference is wide open...other than Rutgers or NW or PSU I wouldnt be shocked by any team winding up at the 2. This Russell kid for OSU is a freaking stud though,

Isaiah

I made the following prognostication last October 3, 2014 in the original thread:

1. Wisconsin
    2. Ohio State
    3. Illinois
    4. Minnesota
    5. Iowa
    6. Nebraska

Unlike you, I will stand by my selections and not change them 6 weeks into the season (do overs aren't allowed where I come from). Also, I don't think the conference is as wide open as you claim.

By the by, I will be posting a link to an excellent article about Nebraska's powerful basketball team in a separate thread. I suggest all Cornhusker Kool-Aid drinkers read it before losing their hard earned dollars on the mighty Huskers all season.
    Last edited by Isaiah; 12-12-14 at 12:05 AM.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

I hope the books give good lines for their home games, they wont catch good teams off guard this year, they get hot at home and teams probably walked in there not up for them, I mean its Nebraska, but that wont be happening this year in conference play, especially after everybody saw they lost to Incarnate Word, if a good B1G team is down semi-late in the game coaches will call timeouts and remind them that they lost to Incarnate Word and thatll be all the motivation they need to get the job done. Two good shooters on the team who are really chuckers and dont really play the right way, gonna be a long year in the corn fields this year.

survive
    and advance

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    I made the following prognostication last October 3, 2014 in the original thread:

1. Wisconsin
    2. Ohio State
    3. Illinois
    4. Minnesota
    5. Iowa
    6. Nebraska

Unlike you, I will stand by my selections and not change them 6 weeks into the season (do overs aren't allowed where I come from). Also, I don't think the conference is as wide open as you claim.

By the by, I will be posting a link to an excellent article about Nebraska's powerful basketball team in a separate thread. I suggest all Cornhusker Kool-Aid drinkers read it before losing their hard earned dollars on the mighty Huskers all season.
    Ok so you rip on me...but you don't even have MSU in the top half of the conference...don't throw stones man. The fact that you don't think MSU is a top 6 team pretty much makes my point that the conference is wide open since you think at least 6 teams are better when Izzo pretty much always finishes top 5

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

teams are sucking all across the board.
    quality of young players way downhill.
    these kids are soft nowadays.
    different generation.

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Ok so you rip on me...but you don't even have MSU in the top half of the conference...don't throw stones man. The fact that you don't think MSU is a top 6 team pretty much makes my point that the conference is wide open since you think at least 6 teams are better when Izzo pretty much always finishes top 5
    It's not my intent to "rip on you", it's just that you continue to throw gas on the fire by your fallacious reasoning. Your post quoted above is a prime example i.e. using my opinion of Michigan State to prove that you are right. How absurd. In logic that technique is called: circulus in demonstrando.

A type of reasoning in which the proposition is supported by the premise, which is supported by the proposition, creating a circle in reasoning where no useful information is being shared. This fallacy is often quite humorous but in your case it isn't, it is rather sad.

Michigan State lost a lot and even Izzo needs a year to reload. That is the reason I picked them 7th. If I did a do over a la you I would move them up a notch or two.

Alas, feel free to throw more gas on the fire but I won't be reading it. I am moving on.