TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Good bet? (UK vs UL)

Just made a bet with a good friend (reliable guy). Louisville +5.5 at home against Kentucky on December 27. I think I did pretty good. Unless UK is the best college basketball team in the past 15-20 years, there is no way they'll be over a 5 point favorite at Louisville

TPowell

offered me twice that bet on +7 as well but getting way above where I normally play unfortunately. I really think I can try to middle whatever I don't want though. Opinions?

gotarollman
    gotarollman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

UK by 30

TPowell

thanks, great input idiot. Working on getting UL ML at +300. No way it open over +200.

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Think you'll be in a good spot at +7 or +5.5

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by jds07v View Post
    Think you'll be in a good spot at +7 or +5.5
    thank you, I don't really care about the game, I just think there's no way that the spread is over 5. For crying out loud, the best UK team (Wall and Cousins) were 7 point favorites AT HOME against one of the worst Louisville teams we've put on the floor in the past 10 years

CONNEMARA
    CONNEMARA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

Any input on the Colorado St. game tonight

gotarollman
    gotarollman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    thanks, great input idiot. Working on getting UL ML at +300. No way it open over +200.
    Funny you think UL will actually win this game or at best cover at +5.5. UK isn't gonna drop one to them, you're delusional.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by gotarollman View Post
    Funny you think UL will actually win this game or at best cover at +5.5. UK isn't gonna drop one to them, you're delusional.
    you idiot, when the price is +300, you don't have to think the team will win. penetrating clown

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

They are playing each other in football. Not basketball.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    They are playing each other in football. Not basketball.
    December 27th- basketball

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

thank you, I don't really care about the game, I just think there's no way that the spread is over 5. For crying out loud, the best UK team (Wall and Cousins) were 7 point favorites AT HOME against one of the worst Louisville teams we've put on the floor in the past 10 years
    come on powell

with the bet +7 should be great take it and lay some off on the real line with kentucky

TPowell

I only got +5.5 but I plan on doing it. Should have got more. I still might try down the road

RestlessSpirit
    RestlessSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 588

Tpowell, I think you are pretty spot on with the line opening at about +5.5-7. Lousiville is at home and this is always a good game. But with that being said, I don't see 5.5 being nearly enough to cover. Lousiville definitely has a squad this year, but from what I have seen from UK and UL thus far it might get nasty for the cards when it's all said and done. I may be giving UK to much props thus far, but we will find out a little more on Friday.

But hey, this is a UK fan responding to a UL fans posts... So you know.

We did have 2 nasty battles last year though. GL and let's keep it classy for the best college bball state around.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by RestlessSpirit View Post
    Tpowell, I think you are pretty spot on with the line opening at about +5.5-7. Lousiville is at home and this is always a good game. But with that being said, I don't see 5.5 being nearly enough to cover. Lousiville definitely has a squad this year, but from what I have seen from UK and UL thus far it might get nasty for the cards when it's all said and done. I may be giving UK to much props thus far, but we will find out a little more on Friday.

But hey, this is a UK fan responding to a UL fans posts... So you know.

We did have 2 nasty battles last year though. GL and let's keep it classy for the best college bball state around.

I actually think the line will be more like Kentucky -1 or -2 unless something drastic happens. Louisville is -8 right now against Ohio State. Do you think Kentucky would be favored by more than 10 points on a neutral floor against Ohio State? I certainly don't. Don't overreact to teams beating down patsies and sprinkling in an eye popping performance against a big name opponent.

RestlessSpirit
    RestlessSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 588

I actually think the line will be more like Kentucky -1 or -2 unless something drastic happens. Louisville is -8 right now against Ohio State. Do you think Kentucky would be favored by more than 10 points on a neutral floor against Ohio State? I certainly don't. Don't overreact to teams beating down patsies and sprinkling in an eye popping performance against a big name opponent.
    Well using a little bit of logic I'd say it very well may be 10 if they are giving UL 8. Why you may say... Who has UL beat... Minn or Marshall? Really?

Yes, kansas is a little overrated but they did just beat another top 25 team in Msu yesterday ... And what did UK beat them by? A heck of a lot more then anyone UL has beat any of their opponents. Hate to bust your bubble but UL doesn't have even close to the caliber of talent they had last year... And UK has twice the amount of talent.

But as I already said, we'll learn a lot more from playing texas and unc over the next few weeks.

I really like reading your post and picks cause you really know your bball and have great insight, but this conversations turning into a typical UK vs UL conversation... The golden BBn child vs the red headed step child conversation never leads anywhere nice.
    Last edited by RestlessSpirit; 12-01-14 at 08:18 PM.

TPowell

Ken Pom has UK -1. Bovada guy apparently said 2 to 2.5. I'd expect UK -2 opener

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

I'd expect you to have about 4 points of value on this despite Kentucky killing it

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by jds07v View Post
    I'd expect you to have about 4 points of value on this despite Kentucky killing it
    guy from Bovada said UK -2.5 and -4.5 at tip. Luckily I think Bovada is a POS and clueless