TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Iowa +5.5

Looking for the 7th straight play of the day winner! My previous 6 plays of the day have covered by 83 points total.

I chose Iowa on this limited card for a few reasons. Iowa played very good basketball before limping home at the end of last season and still should have defeated a Tennessee team that went to the Sweet 16. On the other hand, Texas is loaded this season. They bring back the entire team and add superstar recruit Myles Turner. I capped this game at Texas -1 and I think that line is pretty solid.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

Looks good, with Texas I have a "believe it when I see it" attitude.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20250

Texas absolutely stacked this year. Probably their best team since the Daniel Gibson/Lamarcus Aldridge team.

Who did Iowa lose other than Marble?

I do lean Iowa with the points at first glance.

TPowell

They lost a couple solid forwards, they averaged around 6 and 5, played about 16-17 MPG.

TPowell

on another note, I really should have waited on this. Lot of hype on Texas, I could see this climbing another point or so

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    on another note, I really should have waited on this. Lot of hype on Texas, I could see this climbing another point or so
    Public will be on Texas, I could see this closing at 6/6.5.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Iowa lost marble and basabe. 2 leading scorers and guys who helped them a ton in their careers.
    think aaron white is a top forward in the country though. But when you get iowa away ffrom home, you should never be scared. And I'm not sold on iowas bench guys. They are non contributors

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    probably right being an espn game

KRIT

Already up to 6 at some shops.

TheHumanTripod
    TheHumanTripod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Iowa lost marble and basabe. 2 leading scorers and guys who helped them a ton in their careers.
    think aaron white is a top forward in the country though. But when you get iowa away ffrom home, you should never be scared. And I'm not sold on iowas bench guys. They are non contributors
    Was at the first two games. Olaseni looked good coming off the bench and Clemmons has improved from last year filling in for Marble's role. White and Uthoff should have good years, but other then that I don't see who will continually put up points. Woodbury is good for 6-8 a game, but not much more.

bigdiesel6
    bigdiesel6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 822

You're hot bro keep it up. I'm staying far away from this, all over the cuse tonight.

TPowell

Here comes the Iowa money. Down to 4.5 in some books after climbing to 6

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Think youre gonna need more than 5 or 6 pts my man, think Texas gets it done.

TPowell

One game short of the opening week exacta. I really didn't like how Iowa basically gave up when Texas got back in the game. They just aren't mentally strong at all. Only thing to say really. They're a great team as evidenced last year and then in the first half tonight, but they just fold IMO