Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Providence -18 hosting Yale

Ok, Providence Friars are done with thier exams, and if their defense holds up (shouldn't have much problem with Yale), this game at "The Dunk" (Dunkin' Donuts Center) could serve as a nice confidence booster after losing to Iona.
    Inter-Conference, Prov being Big East, Yale Ivy League. Yale hasn't played anyone since Dec 9 and hasn't played a team of Providence's caliber at all.
    I see them getting smoked tonight big time.
    Prov points per game is 20 more than Yale's, and when you take account of the fact that there is just no comparison at all in the quality of opponents (Prov plays far superior opponents than Yale) .. this is a mismatch.
    Prov will run the gamut on Yale tonight, then get back to task with their normal Big East foes after the Holidays.

GAME NOTES: The Yale Bulldogs have been idle since December 9th, and they finally return to action this evening against the Providence Friars in non- conference action.
    Yale opened the season with losses in four of its first five games, but wins in three of the last five have enabled the Bulldogs to turn things around. They are coming off a 69-54 victory over Bryant, but the competition level obviously increases significantly this evening. Yale participates in the Ivy League and figures to be competitive among the "Ancient Eight" this year.
    As for Providence, it has been idle for a while as well, as its most recent game took place on December 12th and resulted in a disappointing 82-73 loss to Iona. The Friars are 7-4 overall, and with a difficult Big East schedule about to begin, greater consistency is needed.
    Providence holds a narrow 8-7 series edge over Yale, which includes a win over the Bulldogs in the most recent meeting back in 2005.
    Yale is scoring 64.6 ppg on just 40.8 percent shooting from the field, and the team is allowing 67.5 ppg. Alex Zampier is netting 18.3 ppg, and Jordan Gibson provides 10.3 ppg. As for Michael Sands, he rounds out a trio of double-digit scorers with 10.2 ppg. There were a couple of obvious keys to the victory over Bryant last time out for Yale. The Bulldogs forced 17 turnovers and earned a 14-5 edge in points from the foul line. Sands came through with 13 points in that game, and he pulled down seven rebounds as well. Zampier was close behind with 12 points, and Paul Nelson contributed 10 points.
    Providence is scoring 84.4 ppg this season while limiting opponents to 74.9 ppg on 41.7 percent shooting from the field. The Friars have three double- digit scorers in the fold, and Jamine Peterson checks in with 17.2 ppg and 10.7 rpg. Marshon Brooks provides 15.6 ppg, and Sharaud Curry adds 13.0 ppg. Rebounding has been a major area of strength for Providence, which is pulling down 8.3 rpg more than the opposition. Brooks scored 18 points for the Friars against Iona, and Peterson pitched in 13 points and 14 rebounds to go along with five steals. Unfortunately, Providence shot just 30.8 percent from the floor in the clash, including a horrendous 5-of-31 effort from three-point range. The Friars also finished with six assists against 14 turnovers.
    Providence is the pick here, as it is the more talented team and has the obvious advantage of playing at home.

Maddhatter
    Maddhatter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 741

GL man. On Yale myself but small. At least one of us will win.

Snowball

2nd Half-PROVIDENCE -10.5 (-110)
    2nd Half-YALE vs 2nd Half-PROVIDENCE

on it.

can't believe this. lol !

jaymac82980
    jaymac82980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

ii took yale plus the points and the over....

it looks like youre on providence, but your post could be a little clearer. any reason why you would not believe that the spread is 10.5? providence hasnt been playing that well at all. yale has controlled the game thus far.

i see providence hitting a few more shots since they came out cold 1st half, but that wont scare me from taking the points given (i got +11 actually right at release) because i think the friars cant be as cold and give up as many turnovers, i figured the over would be good too (80)

good luck

Snowball

Providence covered the 2 Half.

at least i got that. very slow start for the Friars.
    they need to work on defense A LOT.

good call on the over..

jaymac82980
    jaymac82980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

good call. at least i got the over