bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like Rick Majerus will be the new coach for....

Reports are saying that Rick Majerus will be announced as the new St.Louis University basketball coach in the next 24-48 hours.

gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm happy and a little sad too. I really enjoyed listening to Majerus talk college hoops on espn for the past 3-4 yrs. His insights re X's and 0's is second to none. But, it's obvious that he still wants to coach so I hope he does really well at St. Louis.

LargeMouthBass
    LargeMouthBass's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why is he coaching again? Didn't he quit due to health issues? He should just stick with broadcasting.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

In hindsight, it looks to me like Soderberg was fired because they knew they had a shot at Majerus. I think it's a good move. I might actually go to some games now. Good move by SLU.....a fresh start with a new auditorium being built. This move might put them on the map permanently.

E

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Congrats in career win 500 Rick !!

The 63-year-old coach added to his likely Hall of Fame resume, achieving career win No. 500 with the Billikens' 72-62 win over Illinois-Springfield.
    "I worked for great guys, I befriended great coaches," Majerus said. "I was just lucky. I've been in the right place at the right time.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

oh wow this is from 2007 the guy is a great coach though!