TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Villanova not in the top 10???

Very weird, doing my power ratings the past few weeks. I have them rated VERY highly. I have them better than Louisville, Duke, North Carolina, Virginia, Wichita State, Kansas, Texas, and UConn. Keep in mind these are power ratings and the difference between Nova and most of these teams was 1-3 points. The only team I have higher RIGHT NOW is Wisconsin. Keep in mind I haven't done anything past the MAC in terms of alphabetical in conferences

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

interesting note - I don't have them that high, but good to know from you

TPowell

when you look at last year, Sagarin had Villanova as a top 10 team. They return EVERYONE except for Bell and I expect them to take another HUGE leap forward. Hate to say this but they could run the table in the Big East. I think Georgetown could be much improved with Josh Smith and Saint Johns returns quite a bit, but I think they have a good shot at it this year.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Wouldn't be suprised if they got a top 2 seed come March. One of the most experienced and deep teams in the country. Pretty easy schedule also

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Very weird, doing my power ratings the past few weeks. I have them rated VERY highly. I have them better than Louisville, Duke, North Carolina, Virginia, Wichita State, Kansas, Texas, and UConn. Keep in mind these are power ratings and the difference between Nova and most of these teams was 1-3 points. The only team I have higher RIGHT NOW is Wisconsin. Keep in mind I haven't done anything past the MAC in terms of alphabetical in conferences
    who wins the purdue vs k-state game in Maui?

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    who wins the purdue vs k-state game in Maui?

I like Kansas State maybe KSU -5? They get some definite impact transfers up front this season and they are very deep up front in general. Purdue was awful on defense last year and I just can't see them making a radical change this season even though they did lose both guards.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

I like Kansas State maybe KSU -5? They get some definite impact transfers up front this season and they are very deep up front in general. Purdue was awful on defense last year and I just can't see them making a radical change this season even though they did lose both guards.
    nice write up thank you.

Can Mizzou hang with Zona?

was considering a potential ML parlay of Zona over Mizzou, K-State over Purdue, and San Diego State over BYU

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    nice write up thank you.

Can Mizzou hang with Zona?

was considering a potential ML parlay of Zona over Mizzou, K-State over Purdue, and San Diego State over BYU

to be honest, I haven't got to either conference yet. I have 6-7 conferences left to do. The next 2 in order are the Pac 12 and SEC though.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

to be honest, I haven't got to either conference yet. I have 6-7 conferences left to do. The next 2 in order are the Pac 12 and SEC though.
    nice. Looking forward to your analysis and plays.

TPowell

I can't see Missouri hanging with Arizona. I would make Zona a 13 point favorite on a neutral floor. Missouri lost 4 guys who played over 20 MPG and have 8 new players in general. The kid from Hawaii will be the story. If he can be a solid PG, Missouri will be a decent team. I think Bello from Baylor may blossom but its hard to tell. The ND transfer will provide some size and shooting at the 2, but its a lot to put together 8 new faces with a brand new coach and compete against the best team in the country in November IMO.

jetsmets31
    jetsmets31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

Nice writeup

TPowell

forgot to mention, I think Kim will do everything in his power to build Missouri into a solid program. He was basically turned down THREE times for this job before getting it this time. I think the first 2-3 years will be lean, but he'll build it the right way.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

Tp any plays yet ... if my memory serves me correctly your record on opening night the last 2 years is crazy good

TPowell

I would have put my left nut on VCU at -1. Someone went to sleep or there was an error in posting but I have VCU around -8.5 on a neutral floor. I might think about playing it but I'm not sure yet. Tenny should be very disfunctional early with a new coach and completely new squad. VCU will pressure the ball and Tenny has no true point guard. VCU is missing one of its better guards though, so it will be a tough sell

TPowell

Actually like Minnesota a little bit. Capped it at around 5 and I think the coaching angle hurts Louisville. Pitino struggles against his assistants normally. Masiello gave him a lot of trouble last year in tourny and Tubby Smith always had his number. Donovan always played Louisville tough

TPowell

Virginia game is right on line with my numbers at 16 (fell from 20). JMU has ZERO outside shooting though. The pack line defense could very easily dominate them but Perentes (PG) for Virginia is out for the game. I doubt it comes out but the under may be a great bet there

TPowell

UC Santa Barbara looks like a great buy at 15.5. I capped this at around 9.5 and star player Cliff Alexander is questionable it looks like

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Nova is and always will be overvalued.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Nova is and always will be overvalued.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Actually like Minnesota a little bit. Capped it at around 5 and I think the coaching angle hurts Louisville. Pitino struggles against his assistants normally. Masiello gave him a lot of trouble last year in tourny and Tubby Smith always had his number. Donovan always played Louisville tough
    I had it around 5 too. Matheiu and hollins should be able to stay composed vs the press. Not sure if they have anyone to matchup with Harrell, think you'll see minny play a fair amount of zone

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    I had it around 5 too. Matheiu and hollins should be able to stay composed vs the press. Not sure if they have anyone to matchup with Harrell, think you'll see minny play a fair amount of zone
    I really need to go offshore, NO LINES yet from who I use. EVERY game I've wanted has already dropped by an average of probably 3.5 points

gloriesam
    gloriesam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

I would have put my left nut on VCU at -1. Someone went to sleep or there was an error in posting but I have VCU around -8.5 on a neutral floor. I might think about playing it but I'm not sure yet. Tenny should be very disfunctional early with a new coach and completely new squad. VCU will pressure the ball and Tenny has no true point guard. VCU is missing one of its better guards though, so it will be a tough sell
    but this game is not neutral court....is it? i thought this game is in tennessee? the greek book usually lists games that doesn't happen in either teams home court and nothing is mentioned in this game?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by gloriesam View Post
    but this game is not neutral court....is it? i thought this game is in tennessee? the greek book usually lists games that doesn't happen in either teams home court and nothing is mentioned in this game?
    Game is in Maryland I believe

restingbird
    restingbird's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3636

VCU game is here Alumni Hall, US Naval Academy - Annapolis, MD

gloriesam

is there a site that lists where the game is happening when they list the schedule?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

is there a site that lists where the game is happening when they list the schedule?
    Any sports app. Or any sports website. Or any Google search.

gloriesam

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Any sports app. Or any sports website. Or any Google search.

ya but all these sites don't mention where the game is happening when it is a neutral site game. they simply list the favorite as a the home team when its in a neutral site.

gloriesam

at 8.5 now, does that mean pound it?

restingbird
    restingbird's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3636

What book do you use? Most offshore books I've seen post the venue when it is a neutral local... I.E. Bookmaker

TPowell

I'll wait until 9 or 9.5 but only because Im a UL fan. By all means, worth at least a small bet

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Nova -27.5 v lehigh tonight....what's the play??

TPowell

don't have a number on Lehigh honestly

TPowell

waiting on the Siena line to see if I can squeeze more out of the line. Same with Rider and maybe UT Martin and Monmouth

aman86

Going To the villanova game tonight is why I asked...would like to put just a little down for action....we got still 27.5 or 139.5 total... i think the line is pretty good..lehigh wasn't too great last year...i kind of like the over thinking nova can top 80 and lehigh get close to 60?? .. anyways any input would be nice, if not..I might just play the over. Thanks

aman86

Over cash $$

12 Last