I was quite unlucky with my 2 picks yesterday as Alabama won by 3 (the line was -4), while New Mexico won the first half by 10 (line was set at -12,5) and then crushed their opponents to win by 40 points in the end. It's time to move on and concentrate on the upcoming games, so I wish us all better luck today/tonight.

Nevada Wolf Pack will entertain the Eagles of Eastern Washington at the Lawlor Events Center in Reno tonight. Hosts are now 4-0 at home, won two in a row and are 4-4 overall, whilst visitors are just below 50% with 4-5 overall record, but with only 1-3 record when playing away from home. Nevada won 8 out of the previous 10 games versus Eastern Washington, but that doesn't help much, as the most recent encounter between these two was in the early 90's.

Nevada won all games at home so far and they are scoring 81.3 ppg per average and allowing 76.6 ppg. When playing at home they are averaging 92 ppg and allowing 75 points, which means they won each game by 17 points per average. Washinton on the other hand are scoring 75 ppg per average and allowing 78 ppg. However they are scoring only 66 ppg per average when playing away, while conceding 78 ppg per average. But let's not be hasty, they scored twice more than 70 points, but were held at only 54 and 61 against Washington state and Idaho. Well, these two opponents are very good defensively and they prefer to play a rather defensive style than the so called run 'n gun basketball.

Like I mentioned, hosts won all four games by 19 points per average and in each of these games they were up by 18,21,17 and 19 points at halftime, scoring 49,56,61 and 50 points in the first half, that means they scored 54 points per average at halftime. On the other hand, they allowed 31,35,44 and 31 in these games and that gives us more than 35 points per average.Visitors are scoring 30,25 points per average at half time, but I already mentioned those two games against defensively oriented teams when they scored only 25 and 23 points at half time, but on the other hand scored 35 and 38 in the other two games.

Anyway, I expect this one to go over as hosts don't know know how to play otherwise and Washington is quite familiar with a run 'n gun style as few of their games have already gone over 100. Hosts are big favorites in this game, but the line of 18 points is a bit to high IMO. Visitors should be able to make around 75 points and that should be enough to cover this handicap. On the other hand I expect a strong start from the hosts and many baskets which should result as more than 72 points at halftime and over 154 in the end.

My picks are over 72 in the first half and +18,5 for the visitors!

Good luck!