nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

OHIO ST+5 worth a shot?

Anyone?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel there most definitely worth a shot Nevadaside. I'm just going to wait till we get closer to game time before placing my wager on this one, because I think the public might just push it up to 5.5 for us.

mavs1978
    mavs1978's Avatar Become A Pro!

the public? according to wagerline its about 50/50.. this line is a monster.. how can two # 1 seeds produce a line of 5 on a nuetral floor.. this is very strange.. i would definelty side with the gators based on the inflated line

nevadaside

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I feel there most definitely worth a shot Nevadaside. I'm just going to wait till we get closer to game time before placing my wager on this one, because I think the public might just push it up to 5.5 for us.
    No doubt about that, time is your friend here I believe as well if your leaning OHIO ST.

OHIO ST's 0-5 ATS record vs SEC over last 3 seasons does raise a brow though.

Also FLORIDA's 7-0 ATS record over the last 3 seasons on a neutral court where the posted total is 140-144.5 worries me some as well.

Just a tough one to call. Business sense tells me to stay the hell away from this, but the bettor says there's a winner on one side of this game.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

i'll be betting on ohio state
    not real big-not super confident
    but i gotta go with the dog

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by nevadaside View Post

Business sense tells me to stay the hell away from this
    me too but if I can get +5.5 -110 or better I will take Ohio State small

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

My initial feeling was Ohio State +4.5 but after hearing Thad Matta & Billy Donovan speak about the upcoming game; I'm not sure. Matta sounded concerned and not too sure of himself in his press conference. I'm leaning towards Florida -4.5

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I waited all weekend to get that extra half a point. I'm on it + I will be going with a small play on the OSU money line at +205.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

The only way I could play this game is Florida. That being said, I may have to pass on the side because I think the backdoor cover is wide open for OSU. I hate not playing such a big game, but I just don't see much value with either side in this game.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

agreeing with RJT here, only way i could play this game is the FLA ML.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Lots of people will be on the Florida ML, so might as well make them pay for it. This line is right where it should be. I wouldn't even think about making a bet based on what the public is doing or not doing. OSU can win, but could very well lose a hold late and blow the game.

LargeMouthBass
    LargeMouthBass's Avatar Become A Pro!

In my bracket, I have OSU going all the way, but my picks were made before the beginning of the tourney. Now that I've gotten to watch both teams for few games... I have to go with Florida. Florida by 7 or 8. I hate Florida but they are gonna make history tonight. Seriously, I hate Florida, but as a betting man, I have to go with the better team. Take the points with Florida.

nevadaside

OSU+5.5 now up here at a local Book.

If this thing hits 6, I'm buying the half & rollin w/OSU+6.5....and I said "IF"....for those all ready to say it won't hit +6.

Predictions of what I will play tonight:
    2*OSU+6.5
    2*Over140

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

LargeMouthBass,

You are now in a PERFECT hedging position, since you think the Florida Moneyline is the right bet on its own merit.