The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

This NCAA final is the worst thing that could happen to college basketball...

I'll tell you why.

Future teams are going to take off the regular season, and just feel they can turn it on come tournament time.

Two lower seeds meeting in the finals renders the regular season pointless.

It's bad for business.

I wouldn't be surprised if a #16 seed won it all next year.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

yeah but you run the risk of missing out and end up in the nit and its hard to just turn it on when you feel like it

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Regular season games in college much easier to cash in on!!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

You must forget how hard it is to even get in the tourney, its not easy you cant just lose games and expect to get in.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

I saw someone on twitter say that Calipari really does have an NBA team.

They take off most of the regular season, and only play hard the final month.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

robbeduagain
    robbeduagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11170

You see this every year, but they just haven't made the final very often. I would classify the 2011 UConn team as one of these. If you haven't lived in the Kentucky area, you don't understand the immense pressure these kids have been under. I would say the Kentucky freshmen are really juniors in experience having gone through this season. Last years team couldn't handle it. These guys seem to be able to. Can't speak for UConn. I'm not a Wildcat fan, just someone who lives in the area and sees and hears all the hype surrounding the program.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    I saw someone on twitter say that Calipari really does have an NBA team.

They take off most of the regular season, and only play hard the final month.
    what does this mean. his team would get crushed by a d-league team. and which nba team takes off the regular season only to play hard at the end of the season?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

thegiant i disagree

thegiant im going to say that kid rock performing pregame is the worst thing that could happen to college bb
    Points Awarded:

The Giant gave InTheDrink 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    and which nba team takes off the regular season only to play hard at the end of the season?
    Miami, OKC, and the Pacers are pretty blatant offenders of this.

robbeduagain
    robbeduagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11170

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    thegiant i disagree

thegiant im going to say that kid rock performing pregame is the worst thing that could happen to college bb
    Lol I agree whole heartedly

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

bro, those teams are trying hard. 2 of 3 are not as good as yester year. OKC is trying hard too. don't tell me okc would not want the number 1 seed but not getting it cause not trying.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I'll tell you why.

Future teams are going to take off the regular season, and just feel they can turn it on come tournament time.

Two lower seeds meeting in the finals renders the regular season pointless.

It's bad for business.

I wouldn't be surprised if a #16 seed won it all next year.
    Seen a lot of dumb posts, but if any of the above is 1% serious .... you sir have a mortal lock on dumbest of the year. If any of that was serious of you want to play it as serious, you should enroll in the JJ Gold training program to become one of the multi-handlers of the account, you'd be the top dawg in no time for starting Shock Jock posts.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts, and Booya711

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

How is this any different than any other sport going at the moment other than college football? The regular season means nothing at the pro level these days, and players act like it.

And a 16 seed winning it all? LOL. The only reason UConn and Kentucky made such deep runs as bad seeds was because they are UConn and Kentucky. Talent is never an issue at the blue-blooded schools. This is not the norm, nor will it ever be. And it's not something teams are going to feel like they can model themselves after, unless you are a known commodity that is fortunate enough to have 4 and 5* recruits fall into your lap year after year.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Nobody is going to stop watching college basketball ever. College basketball is in great shape. Another great tournament and sad to see the season end.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Kentucky was preseason #1 so not really a surprise.

Seeds don't mean shit and #16 is not winning EVER..

even mid majors ain't winning shit.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    what does this mean. his team would get crushed by a d-league team. and which nba team takes off the regular season only to play hard at the end of the season?
    You serious? Every team pretty much doesn't play that hard to win every game. Except the Pacers this year... Look what happened